Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    I also had a problem viewing the web page last night. I was using IE6 and just got a mostly blank page. I checked it on another machine and it worked fine, so I closed all my browser windows and tried again and it worked fine.

It also worked fine in NS7.02......

So shut down your browser or even reboot the OS and start fresh, then try to visit the site.

I've not seen any other site do stuff like that...kinda strange.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Windows users link

Mac users link

They are readily available through normal browsing, that's how I created those links.
    Has a single Mac OS X user been able to install the update? From the looks of it, only PC users have been able to use this update.
    Originally posted by CmdrGuard
    Has a single Mac OS X user been able to install the update? From the looks of it, only PC users have been able to use this update.
    Yeah, when I downloaded the Mac installer my computer wouldn't even recognize it as a program. I guess it's missing the resource fork to tell it that it is a program. I thought it might be an OS 9 app, but the Handspring pages clearly state that it is OS X. I finally gave up and am just running the update on one of my PCs.

Best,
    --Mathew
    Great... as I thought this update is not for macs. Probably the handspring idiots just threw off the .exe extension and called it a mac file.
    Has anyone been able to install the update without doing a hard reset with Verichat present on their palm?

It appears that people requiring a hard reset have hacks or other programs that modify their palm system. Since I remember Verichat requires a reset when installed, I'm worried installing the update on my palm with force me to lose all my data.
    The Mac file HS posted will not work! so I have extracted the Firmware and ROM Updates using Virtual PC along with a text Read Me file. I will use Stuffit and post a .sit file
    Last edited by imageone; 06/19/2003 at 12:34 PM.
  8. jmw
    Great... as I thought this update is not for macs. Probably the handspring idiots just threw off the .exe extension and called it a mac file.
    If they had just renamed the file, that would have been really stupid, but they didn't. The file sizes are different.

There's some other reason it doesn't work. First of all are you running OS X? Second, whoever complained about file associations... remember X is based on Unix. You don't need file associations. Open a command prompt, switch to the directory where you saved the file. Type

chmod 755 Treo300Updater1_0
    ./Treo300Updater1_0

see if that works.

jmw
  9. jmw
    Originally posted by imageone

The Mac file HS posted will not work! so I have extracted the Firmware and ROM Updates using Virtial PC along with a text Read Me file. I will use Stuffit and post a .sit file
    Um, won't that leave them with the Windows updater? That won't run on OSX. Sure, they'll have the ROM image, but how will they get it on the device?
    JMW, I tried your instructions in the unix terminal but that seemed to have no effect. I also tried giving a the file a few extensions to see if that would work. I tried .sit, .bin. and .dmg. All of which were unsuccessful in executing the file.
    the update contains 2 files:

1. FirmwareUpdater.prc
    2. ROM_Updater.prc

I have extracted them from the .exe
    I upgraded earlier today and the upgrade went without any problems. However; I find the Push Jog Button no longer works like it should. It reacts just like the default power button to bring you back to the last app you where in when you powered down.

I was using Buttons-T and TreoButton before the upgrade. I have since removed TreoButton, done a reset and redefined the Push Jog Button to launch SMS, but it still just takes you to the last thing you were on before a power down.

Anyone have any ideas??

Clueless in Houton
    ...and it may be a little worse. After the upgrade, I took my phone up to the surface (I office underground... they don't let me out much... you can understand that, eh?) to try it out. It had trouble building up a data connection. I made a couple of voice calls and then went back downstairs (radio off).

About an hour later, I went back up to the surface and headed out for a lunch appointment. I built up a data connection, Snappermailed (POP3) and made a 22 minute call with the data session still alive.

When I hung up I noticed that the battery was almost empty. After lunch, I plugged it in to my car charger and drove back to my office (making a 10 minute call enroute). When I got back and walked in the building, I was receiving a "low battery" error.

This is radically different behavior than before the upgrade.

I'll do some more testing tonight.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Wouldn't the phone *not* charge while you use it as a phone?

And I think sprint has been having some connection issues recently.
    I've installed the new firmware, but haven't had a chance to try to induce RBOD (generally have to be home for that). If it's fixed, great! if not, bye bye treo, and an unpleasant letter to handspring, and sprint.

Is there a list of fixes circulating anywhere?

Thanks
    Mark
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lovedatreo
    procure, i had the same prob. its just that the app isn't normally backed up. heres the site to get them again http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    Thanks. I reinstalled the files and the pqa's work just fine.

kschoenberg - x19 IS the latest PRL. I had it before the upgrade, but it was rolled back to x18 afterwards. I called *2 and had them update it again.
    Handsprings Mac version of the update is in the WRONG format (for Mac OS X) I called HS support and they said "call Sprint" I said "but the Update is on your site"........ clueless. So I decided to just do it myself (read previous posts). Here are the steps I took to Update.

1. Read the Read Me file it's for Windows users, but some facts apply.
    2. Backed Up Treo
    3. Turned off all Hacks, including Treo Helper(see previous post).
    4. Selected FirmwareUpdater.prc and ROM_Updater.prc to be installed.
    5. Hot Sync
    6. Reset/Updater runs
    7. Open BackUp Folder and drag the FirmwareUpdater.prc and ROM_Updater.prc to be installed to the Trash.
    8. Restore from BackUp

This worked for me with no problems. Here's the filesUpdater 1.0

Good Luck

UPDATE: I noticed HS took the Mac Version of the Update off there site. They can't seem to get it right. Oh well I guess we solved another problem for them.
    Last edited by imageone; 06/19/2003 at 08:53 PM.
    Well this is just short of a disaster. I did my upgrade this afternoon and it went fine but when I unplugged my Treo from the hotsync it had nothing on it but the native apps. It basically took out everything and was the equivalent of a hard reset. I then went through the timeless hassle of reinstalling all my programs and when I got to Treo300SMS I had a FATAL EXCEPTION and have just had to do another hard reset. I am back to an empty Treo.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any problems with Treo300SMS ??

Any suggestions? (if you hear a thumping noise, that just just me pounding my head on my desk... )
    Originally posted by JoeGuru
    ...and it may be a little worse. After the upgrade, I took my phone up to the surface (I office underground... they don't let me out much... you can understand that, eh?) to try it out. It had trouble building up a data connection. I made a couple of voice calls and then went back downstairs (radio off).

About an hour later, I went back up to the surface and headed out for a lunch appointment. I built up a data connection, Snappermailed (POP3) and made a 22 minute call with the data session still alive.

When I hung up I noticed that the battery was almost empty. After lunch, I plugged it in to my car charger and drove back to my office (making a 10 minute call enroute). When I got back and walked in the building, I was receiving a "low battery" error.

This is radically different behavior than before the upgrade.

I'll do some more testing tonight.
    Verify your brightness is correct. When I did it, it reset my brightness to max, which eats battery like no tomorrow.

fyi

/v
    The instructions mention that it will wipe it out and that you need to back up everything. If you DID back it up, didn't it just restore your previous configuration when you synced for the first time after updating. Granted, some of the files aren't set to back up, but not the majority.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by Llynx
    Well this is just short of a disaster. I did my upgrade this afternoon and it went fine but when I unplugged my Treo from the hotsync it had nothing on it but the native apps. It basically took out everything and was the equivalent of a hard reset. I then went through the timeless hassle of reinstalling all my programs and when I got to Treo300SMS I had a FATAL EXCEPTION and have just had to do another hard reset. I am back to an empty Treo.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any problems with Treo300SMS ??

Any suggestions? (if you hear a thumping noise, that just just me pounding my head on my desk... )