Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    see what happens when we all relax a little
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Just installed the upgrade... I noticed a few minor issues. One is that pqa's no longer seem to work. Anyone else have this problem? Not a big deal - I'll just have to remember how to install the files again. Also, what is the latest prl? I thought I had a newer version before the upgrade, but I'm not sure.
    Installed the upgrade....net speed seems increased...nice!
    PdaNET still works....real nice!!

Sprint came through after all...thanks Sprint!
    procure, i had the same prob. its just that the app isn't normally backed up. heres the site to get them again http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    OK, so I downloaded the updater and cleared some room (7000K free). I sync'd the two apps, and it asked me to reset. I did, and then nothing. I looked in my launcher, and found a Treo Update and a Radio update. The radio update just tells me that I have to reset before I run it. The Treo updater runs, tells me it will take 8 minutes, and starts. It runs for about 90 seconds then resets my phone. All my data and apps are gone as expected, but the firmware rev still says 1.02.

WTF ?!?!?
    Mine ran great. A bit slow to install & stuff since I am using serial. Too early to tell if it fixes anything for me. I have found some buggies still existing..

- Still drops characters as I type when the signal fluctuates. Sometimes they are just delayed, but 50% of the time it will just drop the character and makes me have to proofread everything. Very annoying.

- Normal use battery life seems about the same. This is just me browsing, checking mail etc. Haven't had time to evaluate any turbo drain, or network search issues as of yet.

I am noticing a bit more robustness in the signal handling. It appears to try harder at keeping green even though the voice may drop out. I DO prefer this change as instead of instantaneously dropping the call, I just get some choppy sound while I move to a better area.
    Hmmm... I downloaded the installer, mac version. I see it on my desktop yet it does not seem to be associated with any application and can not run on its own. What am I supposed to do? Again, I'm running on a mac.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    OK. After two hard resets, here's what worked for me:

Perform a hard reset
    Sync, creating a new sync name
    Run the updater and sync with new name
    After the updater is finished, and you sync again to restore, select your original sync name

Voila !
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Upon a premliniary check Blazer seems to snap much quicker after the upgrade. I don't think its just data speed, but maybe the browser or some dependency got changed for the better. Anyone else seeing this?
    Originally posted by tarfin
    Upon a premliniary check Blazer seems to snap much quicker after the upgrade.
    It seems a little different, but you should check your settings too because mine defaulted to 256 color.

Simultaneous with this upgrade, the treocentral site was upgraded, and the mobile site is kinda not working.. so it's a little hard for me to gauge as I've always used the mobile site.
    Well I installed the updater and it worked like a charm the 1st time. So far, I'm not sure I notice any differences. Web browsing seems a bit zippier and email downloads seems quicker as well. I don't use Pdanet or anything so I can't comment on that. Also, ran Bmeter to compare speed, but it did not show anything conclusive. Anyway, I'll be happy as long as there's no more Turbo drain!!
    A number of people seem to be using a hard reset? Is that really necessary for the installation?
    No hard reset was needed here...all went as described in the instructions.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Woo!

I did my update too. Not sure about differences yet since I just did it.

My PRL is now 10018, was 10015 and version 1.21 firmware.

Oh! One final thing... when I had used one of the ringer programs way back when (I can't remember the name... it was *not* TCRinger... the other one)..... it had messed up my ringers that were WITH the phone.. And I had a couple ringers in place of the default ringer tones... so a few were changed/missing/replaced.

The update put them back to the original state.

Did the update on 2 phones this morning. I used Sync All beforehand just in case.

Both Updates went without a hitch and firmware is now 1.21. PRL is x18. I could have sworn the latest was x19, but I'm old and my memory may be failing.

I haven't noticed any thing different operationally...and all seems to be working well. I've only used the phones for data since the upgrade...and it seems to be working.

Interesting that the upgrade is on the Handspring Site even though they claim not to support the device. Oh well..hopefully it fixed more than it hurt.

Upgrade time on both phones here was under about 10 minutes...including the sync before and after.

...ken
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I keep getting a blank page from the handspring site when I click on the Treo updater "get info" button. There is no windows/mac button.

Is it there for anyone else now? It is about 10:30 am ET now

Fred C.
    Heads up for TreoHelper users...

If you have enabled the radio on after reset feature in TreoHelper remember to disable it before you try to do the upgrade.

I completly forgot about it and now it seems I have a problem. It starts the update program but then TreoHelper tries to startup the radio. Now I'm stuck in a Fatal Exceptions loop.

I had to do a hard reset and restore my data. After disabling the Auto On feature I didn't have any issues with the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    IIRC the x19 upgrade covered some analog roaming which wouldn't do us any good. If you think there might be more to it and can't live without it, call *2 and say PRL update. It will likely take you to a CSR and ask them nicely and they will flag your phone for an update. You'll have to call *2 back for the upgrade to happen though.
    Originally posted by nberggren
    Heads up for TreoHelper users...

If you have enabled the radio on after reset feature in TreoHelper remember to disable it before you try to do the upgrade.

I completly forgot about it and now it seems I have a problem. It starts the update program but then TreoHelper tries to startup the radio. Now I'm stuck in a Fatal Exceptions loop.

I had to do a hard reset and restore my data. After disabling the Auto On feature I didn't have any issues with the upgrade.
    Yes, TreoHelper should be included in the warning section at the start of the update. It mentions to disable all hacks, TreoTools etc, but not specifically TreoHelper etc. Myself, I deleted it first, and then installed it again later.

In your situation I probably would have tried holding pgup and then hitting the reset button. That should have prevented the looping. Then I'd probably delete TreoHelper, or go into it and turn off the radio on after reset etc. Probably best to delete it to make things safe.

It appears the upgrade installs two applications; a ROM updater and a Radio Firmware Updater. Upon device reset, the Radio Firmware Updater tries to take over, does its stuff in about 10 minutes, then launches the ROM update and it does its stuff in a few minutes. After that it resets and the device will be blank, and your next hotsync will reinstall your stuff.

Sorry for any troubles.
    the handspring site is not working correctly.. can someone post the update to an FTP or web page please?

thanks!