1.    #1  
    Has anyone used Verichat with their 300 on the Sprint network. I'm thinking about it, and I want to see how it performs first.
    It is a great product, which you will really like it. Works fine on the sprint network.
    Does it actualy use their text messaging to transmit? If so that could turn out expensive.
    Actually sprint doesn't charge for text messaging. There is a good chance if you have a treo you should have purchased treosms. Verichat encompasses treosms into itself. There is must haves and there is have nots. If you have AIM,MSN messenger, or yahoo messenger this is a must have. If you do a search some may say it is expensive but, you won't find anyone that says it wasn't worth the money.
    Originally posted by Bagbklyn
    Actually sprint doesn't charge for text messaging. There is a good chance if you have a treo you should have purchased treosms. Verichat encompasses treosms into itself. There is must haves and there is have nots. If you have AIM,MSN messenger, or yahoo messenger this is a must have. If you do a search some may say it is expensive but, you won't find anyone that says it wasn't worth the money.
    VeriChat also supports ICQ now, and the UI and graphics are snazzy.
    I did try Verichat and it worked quite well on my 300. However, since it uses SMS it's vulnerable to Sprint's less than perfect SMS system. Chatter on the other hand is not. I've more or less gone completely over to Chatter.

Also: Verichat is available in a demo--why don't you just try it and see if it works for you?

Best,
    --Mathew
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    I did try Verichat and it worked quite well on my 300. However, since it uses SMS it's vulnerable to Sprint's less than perfect SMS system.
    I can attest to that. To verify verichat, I AIM'd myself on the treo several times with verichat turned off. About half of them made it through via SMS and the other half made it through the next day. This is not reliable enough for daily use, but if you have verichat active and connected, the messages work just fine. Eg. I'd trust it a lot more when I initiated a message and we had a quick chat than if it was sitting in my pocket and someone IM'd me. Most of the time it shows up right away, but sometimes it does not.

/v
    I use it contantly. It works great!
    Originally posted by WFTarHeel
    I use it contantly. It works great!
    There are some problems with it. For example, one of my aim accounts has a _huge_ buddy list, like over 70 or so. When I use that to log onto verichat, if I close the flip or switch programs, the verichat server logs me off. So I had to create a smaller verichat only aim account with a few people on it to get it to work reliably.

Don't get me wrong, I am a paid up user of verichat, I am just pointing out that there are still some issues, esp. with delayed SMS that people may not be expecting.

/v
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    I did try Verichat and it worked quite well on my 300. However, since it uses SMS it's vulnerable to Sprint's less than perfect SMS system. Chatter on the other hand is not. I've more or less gone completely over to Chatter.

Also: Verichat is available in a demo--why don't you just try it and see if it works for you?

Best,
    --Mathew
    So which is better, Verichat or Chatter? I know i'm gonna get a million opinions but can you all post the pros and cons of each?

By the way, can you post a link to Chatter? THX
    Well, ok - I'll toss my hat in. I've been a longtime IM user, and I love Verichat. I've been using it pretty much since it came out, and PDAApps keeps making it better and better. In fact, I don't even fire up my PC client IM apps - no need to, since <almost> everything that you would need the PC client app for, Verichat can do.
    Re Chatter - I tried it very briefly, and punted. Here's why - I feel that IM and e-mail are fundamentally different technologies and have different user expectations. From what I could tell with my brief (as in, less than 2 hours) test of Chatter, it provides a single interface to contacting your.. um...contacts. My issue with that method is that IM is predicated on the concept of 'presence' - I see that someone is online, I ping them, and expect an instant response, for the most part. Thus the name IM. I don't use e-mail the same way, and I don't see how a single interface method that combines email and IM can work. BUT - a lot of people love Chatter, and there's a ton of feedback on this board. It just didn't work for me, and how I communicate with a whole bunch of different people. In fact, one tester said that it was his impression that Chatter was more suited for someone who keeps in contact with a limited number of people, on a very regular basis. For me in my world, I have about 100 people with whom I might be IMing, and about 1000 people with whom I might be emailing.

Try them both and see what you think. Choice is good.