1.    #1  
    I'm having a problem, and I don't want to do a hard reset if I don't need to. Ever since yesterday, when I synch my 300 with Outlook, it just hangs on the Synching Contacts. No error messages or anything. It just sits there until it drops the connection. I've restarted hotsynch manager and the computer, and done soft resets, but no go. Any suggestions before I do the hard reset?
    not that I'm Mr Palm Tech man or anything, but see what happens when you give this a shot:

Go into HotSync manager and turn off the contact conduit (set it to 'do nothing', but don't make that the default setting). Run a HotSync, and see if it makes it all the way through. The goal would be to complete a successful HS, so as to maybe reset or overcome what I suspect is a problem with your contact database somewhere. In the past, I've had mystery issues come up with one of the main databases, and doing this (I think) helped. Then run another HS with the conduit setting as you normally have it. Hopefully it'll go through..

Good luck...
    Originally posted by dsugarman
    I'm having a problem, and I don't want to do a hard reset if I don't need to. Ever since yesterday, when I synch my 300 with Outlook, it just hangs on the Synching Contacts. No error messages or anything. It just sits there until it drops the connection. I've restarted hotsynch manager and the computer, and done soft resets, but no go. Any suggestions before I do the hard reset?
    It could be a problem wtih your Exchange server(if u have one) It seems to me that if you go into the settings for Chapura, you can set the contacts to do nothing for a sync to get it to go and then try again. If you are in an exchange enviornment network latency is to blame, i have this problem from time to time.
    Yeah, I'm not a Palm tech guru either, but have you peeked at your HotSync log? Maybe something is being revealed there. Do you know how to do that? Here's instructions (found 'em with Google, I'm sure they appear elsewhere too)