1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having Vision data connection problems and getting this error message. If so, what does it mean and what do you do about it because I am not sure if the problem is on my end or Sprint is having server problems. !!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    No issues in West Michigan at 4:55AM EST. Just read a story off CNN to go w/o issue.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Predator-1,

I have having the same problem. I am in the KC area, where are you located?
    It just means that the data connection couldn't be made. It could be due to poor signal quality, network congestion, or other network issue. If it persists, I'd call Sprint.

- m
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Yep, already have called Sprint. The part that sucks (beyond the fact they don't know what the problem is) is that my wife also has a Treo and it is working just fine. Mine started getting this error last night and has been this way ever since. I have escalated the ticket and hope to see it resolved soon.
    I think the error means that a Vision connection is not possible at current time. Possibilities:

Congested cell with too many other Vision folks connected and no slot for you. Wait a bit and try later.

You are roaming on another CDMA network and they do not have Vision. Get back on the PCS network - Vision (1xRTT) does not roam. e.g. if you were in southern Canada on the Bell network.

The local cells are broken and cannot connect to Vision services. Usually a matter of waiting it out or complaining to Sprint.

Sprint having some central problems with Vision cxn to the Internet. Wait or complain.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Jazzer
    Predator-1,

I have having the same problem. I am in the KC area, where are you located?
    I'm in Memphis Tn. The service has been very good until recently. I tried to call Sprint to see what the problem is but they put me on hold and there is too many other things i need to be doing.
    I had that problem for over a week. It is in the sprint server end for SURE. I got a brand new treo and it still didn't fix my trouble. After calling customer service every day for a while it got fixed without a hard reset. I have no idea how it got fixed. Tech support wouldn't tell me. Good luck.
    "error; the network is busy, unavailable or data is not enabled. (0x1102)"

my wife's treo 300 has been doing this for about 24 hours (even @ 3AM).

Mine connects to internet fine .

Any ideas on a solution?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by craigdts
    "error; the network is busy, unavailable or data is not enabled. (0x1102)"

my wife's treo 300 has been doing this for about 24 hours (even @ 3AM).

Mine connects to internet fine .

Any ideas on a solution?
    Assuming they are in the same place I'd call Sprint. Most likely it needs to be kicked/re-provisioned, or there is a hardware issue.

Edit: Have you seen this post?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=33750
    Last edited by tarfin; 05/17/2003 at 12:37 PM.
    I thought someone in another thread said that those 0x1102 were fixed by having Sprint change the Primary and Secondary HA.
    I'm in the KC area and had a similar problem. The issue was related to a specific geographic area (40 sq mile) within the city. As soon as I was out of the area all was fine. The first time it happened I waited 3 days and then called Sprint. It was fixed within 2 days. The second time the problem only lasted 1 day and was fixed without a call.
    I get this from time to time. I see no pattern & no obvious solution. One thing that has worked for me is just to either power off & on again, or also doing a soft reset has worked. I will admit that when I've done these things, I've been able to reconnect successfully pretty much right away.
    I would agree that it seems to be just a random network congestion anamoly or funky connection issue.
    I would AVOID doing a major reprovision or something big like that - I've never had to do that, and I get back on...
    I also agree that this appears to be a random occurance. I get the same error several times a week, tap OK, and when I hit the link again I get a connection about 82% (just trying to be accurate) of the time. It has never happened to the extent where I felt it was becoming a real problem...