1. -c-
    Anyone using Win XP and PalmNet 2.0 is experiencing problems of CPU load?

When my treo 300 is connected and not transfering data nothing happens, however when data is being transferred (right after I click a link to navigate to a new page on the web, for example) the CPU usage jumps up to 100% and keyboard/mouse stop responding for a couple of seconds.

This happens always and exactly when data is actively being transferred.

-C-
    Do you happen to have SmartList to go on your Treo/Computer. If you uninstall it you will be fine. I had the same problem. I emailed both PalmNet and Dataviz and no response.
    ~DssHobby~

A hobby is a hobby, but DSS is my HOBBY!!
    DSS=This
  3. -c-
    I had no particular software running on the treo. However one test that I did was to wipe my Win XP machine e reinstall a backup image of the hard drive with only Win XP and Office. That did the job and I had no problem of CPU Load. I have found out that a lot of other users have CPU Load issues with the most various programs and configurations (people that have no treo or other devices connected).
    It's really difficult to find out what is clogging the machine because it's so clogged that even Task Manager gets stuck not showing which process is actually using 100% CPU. I even believe it is not a process to go nuts but some internal routine in the OS that happens to execute every now and then when data is being transfered and concurrently with all the other processes.

Best,