1.    #1  
    I'm writing a long review. I want to know if anyone here has the following experience with the Treo.

Suppose you switch on the phone, say after an airplane flight. Six or eight messages await you -- SMS or Voicemail.

As they come in, do they prevent you from doing other things? Are there notifications you must dismiss before making a call or using the Palm? As they are coming in, but before the notification, are Palm and phone functions likewise unavailable?

The big question is: if switch on phone and you want to make a call in a hurry, but messages are waiting, can you?

Many thanks.
    You must dismiss them.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Has the phone ever been unavailable to you for a significant time (half a minute, minutes) while messages arrived and before you could dismiss the notifications?
    Originally posted by gellmanb
    Thanks. Has the phone ever been unavailable to you for a significant time (half a minute, minutes) while messages arrived and before you could dismiss the notifications?
    No.

Remember you will recieve SMS/VM messages while you're on the phone, and it won't do anything. So if they continue to come in while you're calling, no big deal.
  5.    #5  
    My review is of the Kyocera 7135. On that one, too, there's no trouble keeping a phone call if SMS or VM messages come in. But that is once the call is in progress. The Kyocera won't let you *dial* the call (or do anything else) while messages are coming in, though, so if a lot are queued up you lose control of the phone awhile.

Are you saying that doesn't happen with the Treo?
    Originally posted by gellmanb
    My review is of the Kyocera 7135. On that one, too, there's no trouble keeping a phone call if SMS or VM messages come in. But that is once the call is in progress. The Kyocera won't let you *dial* the call (or do anything else) while messages are coming in, though, so if a lot are queued up you lose control of the phone awhile.

Are you saying that doesn't happen with the Treo?
    No, I'm not.