1.    #1  
    Several months ago, I was considering the purchase of a Treo 300. The best price at the time (for a new customer) was $249 (after rebates). I had has some other issues in life and didn't get the phone. Now I'm looking again and I see that Amazon has the phone for $149 (after rebates). WOW, I say. But then I look into the fine print.

When I could have bought the phone for $249 the service plan was $30 for the first 3 months and $40 after that. That brought the one year cost of ownership to $699.

Now at $149, the minimium rate has gone up to $45 per month. So that one year cost is $689. Not that much better than before.

I think I'll wait.
    Thanks,

Mark
    Are you sure about the requirement? Maybe this only makes sense to me. First off, the fine print on the *SPCS* rebate states "any PCS Consumer Service Plan". Second, the minimum price that consumer plans are at (after 2 months free Vision access) is $45. The plan's $35, the Vision access is $10 (after the 2 month promo period). That includes 300 anytime minutes, unlimited N/W minutes. The minimum plan several months ago was $30+$10(Vision), so that may explain the change you've seen.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by markf57
    Several months ago, I was considering the purchase of a Treo 300. The best price at the time (for a new customer) was $249 (after rebates). I had has some other issues in life and didn't get the phone. Now I'm looking again and I see that Amazon has the phone for $149 (after rebates). WOW, I say. But then I look into the fine print.

When I could have bought the phone for $249 the service plan was $30 for the first 3 months and $40 after that. That brought the one year cost of ownership to $699.

Now at $149, the minimium rate has gone up to $45 per month. So that one year cost is $689. Not that much better than before.

I think I'll wait.
    Those rate plans were the once-a-year plans that come out to entice Christmas shoppers. They hang around for awhile afterwards, but they don't stick around forever.
    Reading from fine print .. the $200 is not OFF the price of the Treo .. its a credit (or rebate) from your service bill ...

Amazon gets it $$ ... since you'd be locked in for a year .. Sprint will re-coup its $200, eh?
    Well, I for one am done with rebates. I got the Treo 300 from Amazon back in November when it was $200 after rebates. After numerous emails and phone calls, I have yet to receive my $200 rebate from SCAMazon or $50 rebate from Sprint. It's no wonder they are so quick to offer amazing discounts after rebates, and then pass it off to a company like wheresmyrebate.com who you can't contact via phone or email.