1.    #1  
    I really like their software that runs on the RIM, and have heard that they are porting to PalmOS, but haven't heard anything else.

If anybody has anything greater to add to the rumor mill (status, how it is implemented, etc) I think that enquiring minds might like to know.

I have always thought that a Treo - Goodlink love child would be the best of all worlds.
    if you mean has anyone seen one of their devices, surely others besides me have. A friend of mine has one (looks like a Tungsten|T at first glance), and another friend of mine works there. Their device looks more elegant than a traditional BlackBerry - brushed metal case, etc. Very nice.

I don't know that they have anything over a Treo outfitted with any server-side mail/groupware solution, though. If you get the server version of TreoMail, or BizConn, or any of the others that provide a server-based synchronization solution. They also really need a color device, which you have to believe is in the works. They're probably also working on a telephony option - GSM or CDMA - that would be the big decision on their part.....
    Originally posted by nrosser
    if you mean has anyone seen one of their devices, surely others besides me have. A friend of mine has one (looks like a Tungsten|T at first glance), and another friend of mine works there. Their device looks more elegant than a traditional BlackBerry - brushed metal case, etc. Very nice.

I don't know that they have anything over a Treo outfitted with any server-side mail/groupware solution, though. If you get the server version of TreoMail, or BizConn, or any of the others that provide a server-based synchronization solution. They also really need a color device, which you have to believe is in the works. They're probably also working on a telephony option - GSM or CDMA - that would be the big decision on their part.....
    Hmmm... nrosser, could you please expound on that Tungsten-T like device? Is this some yet unreleased PalmOS based pda with Good tech or are you referring to a T|T that has been adapted? I would certainly be curious about such a device! thanks
    What I meant and referred to was Good's own device (see it at www.good.com). It's not based on Palm OS, nor is it similar to a Palm OS device, but looks like a Tungsten|T mostly due to the size and color of the metal casing.

My point was that the Good device looks like a |T, but there's no connection (that's public anyway) between Good and Palm. Of course, Good's main enemy is RIM. Check out the Good website for more info if you want it...
  5.    #5  
    was information about their porting their software over to PalmOS. They currently have two "client" solutions: Their own hardware (which is like a smaller version of the RIM Blackberry) or software that gets installed on your RIM (replacing your Blackberry software). They are supposed to be porting to Palm OS and WinCE.

What is cool about Good is that it syncs more than just your inbox. It syncs contacts, schedules, todos, etc in real time.

The closest to this in the Treo world is Sprint's own BizConnect, which does your inbox, and let's you wirelessly query your directory (but it don't sync it).

Good has the right approach, at least on RIM hardware. If they can carry this over to the Palm, it'll be great. That is, if the sync program understands and uses the native Palm apps for these functions. I don't want to have to look at my Good address book and my Palm address book to find a contact. To be good (no pun intended), it will have to be an Inbox, with wireless sync to the other Palm apps.