Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Originally posted by starrwulfe
    should us treo 300 ownders grab treohelper 0.17 or stick with 0.16 if they are the same? I just want to know if there is some improvements for us 300 folks since that 0.17 primarily addresses issues with the 180/270 folks.
    Probably stick with 0.16 unless you are having a problem. There's just some one-liner changes in 0.17 which I'm trying to address an on/off issue on the 270. Since there is more than one person testing that, that's why I posted it in this thread.

What I'd like to do is fix that issue and then I'll go to a 0.18, since 0.17 obviously didn't fix anything.

Anyone else have an issue on any of the devices? I have one report of an unexplained freeze and hard reset on a 180 while doing web browsing. I've got my emulator running trying to track down any suspect causes of that. So far nothing has popped up.

And I get an occasional stack overflow in "Phone" which isn't easily reproduced so I'm hoping it's getting addressed with some of these small changes. I've put a stack test in all of the callbacks and have not had it hit, so I don't know what's going on with that one. It may in fact be my mail retrieval application rather than TreoHelper, as they are all sorta tied together and I know that it happens during an SMS trigger because I use Crash to log the error time & msg.

I may have to put something together to send fake SMS triggers to the emulator in order to fully test out the process. Though I'm not sure if that will represent the full dynamics of what goes on with a live device, it may make something obvious show up.
  2.    #102  
    svigi. you have a private message.
    Not sure if this is the limitation with Treohelper and the way it calls Snappermail, or something unique to me, but when I trigger Snappermail to download the mail, I do not get the "Alert me of new messages"sound that I have set up in Snappermail's Manual delivery preferences.

Any info regarding this?
  4.    #104  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Not sure if this is the limitation with Treohelper and the way it calls Snappermail, or something unique to me, but when I trigger Snappermail to download the mail, I do not get the "Alert me of new messages"sound that I have set up in Snappermail's Manual delivery preferences.
    Even with TreoHelper message tone turned off? If so, then I don't think it's me.
    Originally posted by potatoho

Even with TreoHelper message tone turned off? If so, then I don't think it's me.
    With message tone on, I just get the Treohelper alert that an SMS is received. With it either on or off, I do not get the new mail alert from Snappermail.

If I manually fetch mail, I will get the Snappermail alert, just not if it's called by Treohelper.

Has anybody else noticed this? Or just me?
    On my Treo 270 it works fine!
    For me problem is how to setup Snapper mail alert pop-up window to flash all the time. If I don't hear alert sound I won't know that I have new e-mail! I disabled this trigger until somebody fix this problem with reminder. Same with PBJtime.
    i get both the sms tone i set with treohelper and then after snappermail finishes its fetching, I get snappermail's tone. It works just fine for me!
    starrwulfe, it`s OK but I don`t want to have two identical messages. I want Treo Helper deletes SMS mail gateway message and Snapper mail reminds me for new e-mail! For now I disabled that trigger. For now TreoAlertMgr reminds me every 2 minutes that I have new message, than I manualy delete SMS mail gateway message and go to Snapper mail. I miss such reminder option in Snapper mail!
    Originally posted by svigi
    On my Treo 270 it works fine!
    Typical, it's frustrating when things just don't "work" right, especially when it's unique.
  11.    #111  
    Version 0.26

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

- Fixed Treo 270 on/off times. Apparently there are problems with turning on/off the phone in a procedure alarm. So we've moved the phone on/off stuff into a regular alarm.

- Fixed memory leak with SMS triggers. The PhnLibGetAddresses() and PhnLibGetNth() returned handles were not being freed. I'm thinking that is probably what was responsible for the time my device froze a couple of weeks ago. I use a lot of SMS triggers per day.
    Originally posted by svigi
    starrwulfe, it`s OK but I don`t want to have two identical messages. I want Treo Helper deletes SMS mail gateway message and Snapper mail reminds me for new e-mail! For now I disabled that trigger. For now TreoAlertMgr reminds me every 2 minutes that I have new message, than I manualy delete SMS mail gateway message and go to Snapper mail. I miss such reminder option in Snapper mail!
    Just uncheck the box next to the aleart options in the treoHelper SMS screen with that trigger on it. then it will do the SMS trigger silently, and pass the fetch command to snappermail. Once Snapper is through with the fetch, it will sound it's own alarm. Meanwhile, maybe Potatoho can do a TreoAlertMgr call so it can work with that.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    From my brief testing, TreoHelper keeps SprintBC from recieving messages (when I create a rule so the phone doesn't react with a sound/vibration when recieving BC SMS triggers).
  14.    #114  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    From my brief testing, TreoHelper keeps SprintBC from recieving messages (when I create a rule so the phone doesn't react with a sound/vibration when recieving BC SMS triggers).
    Do you have it set for delete? If so, that'll delete the message and other apps won't get it, except if you have one of the launches set; pbjtime, ggm, snappermail etc.

As far as I know there is no way to prevent the system Message Tone, unless you turn it off. At that point then you could set a TreoHelper Def tone for SMS which don't match any other TH triggers. Not sure of the implications of turning off the system tone with TreoAlertMgr.
    Not sure of the implications of turning off the system tone with TreoAlertMgr.
    I have the system tone turned off and I use TreoHelper to customize the tones I get on SMS messages. I also use TreoAlertMgr to bug me about SMS that I don't notice right away. TreoAlertMgr has no problem finding the SMS messages as long as they don't get deleted by TreoHelper. However, if I trigger SnapperMail from TreoHelper and don't delete the message, SnapperMail won't do a fetch until I manually dismiss the SMS, but even this doesn't keep TreoAlertMgr from doing its job.

So, if I wan't SnapperMail to do a fetch as soon as a SMS comes in, I set TreoHelper to delete the SMS. If I want TreoAlertMgr to bug me until I manually dismiss a message, I set TreoHelper to not delete the SMS. I just can't do both, but I don't really need to.
  16.    #116  
    Originally posted by BillFugina
    So, if I wan't SnapperMail to do a fetch as soon as a SMS comes in, I set TreoHelper to delete the SMS. If I want TreoAlertMgr to bug me until I manually dismiss a message, I set TreoHelper to not delete the SMS. I just can't do both, but I don't really need to.
    Curious, does it bug you that SnapperMail does the fetch immediately? I had my mail app set up that way, but I couldn't handle it constantly pulling me away from what I was doing. So now I have it so it sets a flag and wait until the device is off before doing the fetch.

I could probably swing a way to delay the trigger launch until sleepy time.

Do you have it set for delete? If so, that'll delete the message and other apps won't get it, except if you have one of the launches set; pbjtime, ggm, snappermail etc.

As far as I know there is no way to prevent the system Message Tone, unless you turn it off. At that point then you could set a TreoHelper Def tone for SMS which don't match any other TH triggers. Not sure of the implications of turning off the system tone with TreoAlertMgr.
    I had it set to use a tone for other messages, and no tone for Sprint BC messages. I didn't have delete on. Unfortunately Sprint BC never picked up on the SMS at all. It works now, though. When I removed the rule, it still doesn't make a sound and usually is triggering BC. I guess BC gets to the message before your program.

Curious, does it bug you that SnapperMail does the fetch immediately? I had my mail app set up that way, but I couldn't handle it constantly pulling me away from what I was doing. So now I have it so it sets a flag and wait until the device is off before doing the fetch.

I could probably swing a way to delay the trigger launch until sleepy time.
    Yes, delaying the fetch until the unit is sleeping would be mutch appreciated.
  19.    #119  
    Well 0.26 had a bug in the alarms. Made the alarm scheduling sometimes not pick the correct item.

- Alarm fix.

- Lid open/close sounds. In Fun category. Now we just need some Star Trek ringtones. It uses ringtones so the phone must be on.

- Optional delay launch until asleep. Waits for 5 seconds after asleep and then sends the SMS trigger; i.e. to SnapperMail.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

<snip>

Not sure of the implications of turning off the system tone with TreoAlertMgr.
    If you turn of the system tone, TreoAlertMgr will not provide the reminder.