Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    potatoho,

I have another question. I have Treohelper set to launch PBJTime for my sms messages and it works fine. However, I do not want to delete every sms automatically and was wondering if an option to launch PBJTime, but to dismiss the sms without deleting it could be possible? That way one could choose which sms/alerts to delete automatically and which to save (or delete later) without the sms pop asking you to delete or "OK". This would be helpful b/c if you do not select the delete option, the main dialouge pop-up still appears over PBJTime... Anyway just a thought...

thanks...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 04/18/2003 at 02:40 AM.
    I have one question and one suggestion:

What happens of if an incomming SMS qualifies for more thn one trigger? I have one trigger for "Fred" and another for "FredsCompany.Com". What happens if I get an SMS from "Fred@FredsCompany.Com"?

Is it possible to use a real number for the "Duration (seconds)" option? Right now it seems to only use whole numbers even if a real number is there.
  3.    #83  
    Originally posted by BillFugina
    What happens of if an incomming SMS qualifies for more thn one trigger? I have one trigger for "Fred" and another for "FredsCompany.Com". What happens if I get an SMS from "Fred@FredsCompany.Com"?
    Going left to right, it picks the first match; i.e. 1-Def.

Is it possible to use a real number for the "Duration (seconds)" option? Right now it seems to only use whole numbers even if a real number is there.
    Duration is specified in whole seconds to the API. One solution would be to use a midi editor and shorten the tone.
    It seems that on/off times don`t work on my Treo 270. With Treo tools I had no problem. Any sugestion?
  5.    #85  
    svigi,

Version 0.16 right?

Are you using Day or Week settings? The week setting is sometimes non-intuitive, for example a single setting of Monday on=8AM and off=1AM, is to define the whole week as "on" except Monday 1AM-8AM.

You see it isn't really a range for each day, but rather a specific moment to perform the on/off function. That aspect is similar to TreoTools (except TT allows multi on/off times per day), but the way I layout my settings is confusing when the off-time preceeds the on-time.

What specific setting/settings where you using, and what did it do to wrongly?
    I use version 0,16 and day settings.
    And my on/off settings are: on - 9:00 AM, off - 11:45 PM, but nothing happened.
  8.    #88  
    svigi,

Didn't turn on or didn't turn off? It will help me when I check out the code.

Also, I didn't have room to label the Day on/off times. The one on the left is the on and the right is the off.
    I did turn on at 9:00 AM and off at 11:45 PM, but it doesn't work on Treo 270 like with Treotools. TH doesn't turn phone on or off.
  10.    #90  
    Originally posted by svigi
    I did turn on at 9:00 AM and off at 11:45 PM, but it doesn't work on Treo 270 like with Treotools. TH doesn't turn phone on or off.
    It's testing out okay in the emulator. Does the 'Enable phone on reset' work? And also is the Day/Week switch set to Day?

Thanks for being so patient. I'd like to find the answer.
    Enable phone on reset works fine and day/week is switched to day.
  12.    #92  
    Enable phone on reset works fine and day/week is switched to day.
    Okay let me ask another question, and then I'd like to make some custom builds for you with test cases.

Have you tried to get it to turn on/off by setting the system clock; i.e. set it to 8:59AM or so and see if it turns on. Just wondering if it is flaky or 100% not working. And in the cases where it doesn't work, does the screen turn on for a few seconds?

Edited to ask if you can try the Week setting; i.e. set all days to what you would normally have your Day setting as. I've run into some suspect logic with the Day setting. I'll post a change to that once I'm done some prelim testing.
    Last edited by potatoho; 04/19/2003 at 11:27 PM.
    I tried week settings and result is: same as with day settings. Screen turns on for short time (0,5 second) but doesn't connect.
    Thanks for such a great program. I have one quick question:

What does the "Max tries X every X" setting do?
  15.    #95  
    Originally posted by BillFugina
    What does the "Max tries X every X" setting do?
    That's for attempts at turning the phone back on after it was turned off due to coverage loss.
    I have a Treo270 and the on/off times don't work for me either. I have resorted back to TreoTools for this aspect of the program.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  17.    #97  
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    I have a Treo270 and the on/off times don't work for me either.
    You guys are making me go hmmmmm.

Okay let's start at version 0.17 which I've just uploaded.

- Fixed bug in Day settings, should_phone_be_on() logic was wrong.
    - Moved around some EvtSetAutoOffTimer() calls. Maybe this will fix the 270 on/off times, but I'm not optimistic.
    - Took out a macro in PilotMain() which was using a lot of stack space.
    - Built with prc-tools 2.2.90.cvs2003 which is a later release than I used on earlier builds.
    - Has a couple of stack size checks to see if I can find a stack low situation in some callbacks.

This is the version which I'm testing in the 180/270 emulators right now and trying to reproduce your on/off issue and check for possible stability problems.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    I tried TH 0.17. Same on/off problem but now "enable phone on reset" doesn´t work too!
  19.    #99  
    I tried TH 0.17. Same on/off problem but now "enable phone on reset" doesn´t work too!
    Okay I think that may be a clue. In 0.17 I added an EvtSetAutoOffTimer(ResetTimer, 0) to the reset code, which wasn't there before. This was always in the phone on/off so it may be that the 270 doesn't like that. I'm checking into the sources now to find out.
    should us treo 300 ownders grab treohelper 0.17 or stick with 0.16 if they are the same? I just want to know if there is some improvements for us 300 folks since that 0.17 primarily addresses issues with the 180/270 folks.

thanx!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast