Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 365
  1.    #61  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    A couple of suggestions:

    1) Add a timestamp for the top message in PBJTime.
    2) Provide a UI for clearing out the older messages.

    I like having TreoHelper auto delete my voicemail SMS messages, but now I am afraid I will miss new voicemails.
    I've done some silent updates on pbjtime in the past week. One of the fixes is the timestamp for the top message, and the other is that if you run it standalone it has a menu option for clearing the buffer.

    As far as SMS, can you explain that a little more. I wasn't aware that the voicemail system sent out an SMS to the device. I do see a nifty popup which occurs and gives me the option to listen, but no settings I have tried in TreoHelper will intercept that.
  2. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #62  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    I've done some silent updates on pbjtime in the past week. One of the fixes is the timestamp for the top message, and the other is that if you run it standalone it has a menu option for clearing the buffer.
    Thanks for the update!


    As far as SMS, can you explain that a little more. I wasn't aware that the voicemail system sent out an SMS to the device. I do see a nifty popup which occurs and gives me the option to listen, but no settings I have tried in TreoHelper will intercept that.
    I use T-Mobile which sends an SMS message as a voicemail waiting indicator.
  3.    #63  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    I use T-Mobile which sends an SMS message as a voicemail waiting indicator.
    Okay. There are several options you can do. I don't personally use pbjtime as my default SMS viewer, I only have it set for my yahoo ones. In your case, I presume you have it set under the Def tab and so pbjtime gets all of the spurious SMS which arrive.

    What you can do, is you can assign a text match for the voice mail SMS in one of the other 8 slots in TH. Enabling it and setting it to pretty much do nothing; i.e. don't delete etc etc. Then your specific voice mail SMS should arrive as normal.

    In other words, the Def setting is for SMS which don't match any of the other 8 settings. So you can use one of the 8 other settings to exclude it from behavior of the Def setting.

    Normally I would hardcode an exclude from Def, like I did with the shortmail indicator SMS and the ones which VeriChat uses. But I was unaware of a voice mail one because it is apparently different on the 300.
  4. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #64  
    Actually, it works fine with the changes you have made. I just set one of the SMS triggers to look for "voicemail" and give it a unique tone and delete the SMS message. Then I give PBJtime a long timeout.

    That way, I get the notification with its own voicemail tone. With the timestamps working correctly in PBJtime, I can easily check for new voicemails that I might have missed.

    Thanks!
  5. #65  
    I would just like to add my .2 cents here and say thank you for TreoHelper! It is a super app if I may say so!! I've been able set the SMS def to recognize my hotmail and yahoo mail alerts which is awesome! Now I can tell automatically by sound if I have a new hotmail/yahoo mail wiating for me! Thanks...
  6. #66  
    Well to follow up I have a few questions. Come someone please explain what "Auto-OK Connection Progress Dlg" does? Does this simply keep a record of your connection status? Also is it necessary to check "Auto-Login when phone turned on" if one has the following checked:

    sys>pref>network>options>pref>"connect to the data network whenever wireless mode is powered on"?

    Finally, can some one please explain all those Drop Net settings? How do you actually use this? What's the difference between the green/grey arrow settings? Sorry for all the questions...

    thanks
  7.    #67  
    ..explain what "Auto-OK Connection Progress Dlg" does?

    If your connection fails, you get a dialog that sits on the screen forever. The above option will hit the OK button when a connection failure dialog comes up. That way you can still get DateBk alarms etc.

    Finally, can some one please explain all those Drop Net settings? How do you actually use this? What's the difference between the green/grey arrow settings?

    Dropnet options are Treo 300 specific. They are meant to experiment as a work-around to battery drain issues which are apparently specific to the 300 line. My battery life was terrible, absolutely terrible. Turns out it's just a bunch of nasty firmware bugs. YMMV.

    Drop net (green arrows) is a timer to disconnect the network if it is active too long. An experiment to catch the stuck network problem. I don't use it any more. Though I may start using it again, as today I found a new strain of the turbo drain which is a combined callstatus of 3G & Voicecall (callstatus=0x00000009), stuck CP STATE = D_CONV. Pretty nasty, hope it doesn't happen again.

    Drop net (grey arrows) is a timer to disconnect when arrows have been grey for a certain period of time. Grey arrows indicate the 3G is idling, and so this setting makes for a nice idle disconnect. Sometimes I use it, though it doesn't really fix anything, it's kinda nice to have a delayed disconnect after I've been browsing or whatnot.

    Drop net (no coverage) is what I use. I set mine to 15 seconds and it has been good at preventing turbo drain for me. It does a network disconnect when coverage is lost (red blink) for a certain amount of time. I suspect there are firmware bugs which cause the turbo drain if the 3G remains active while coverage is lousy. At least, my battery has gone from 2-3 charges a day, to retaining 80-90% charge with a single daily charge. Sadly, it must be pretty low, like 15 seconds. I've had turbo drain occur with it set at 30 seconds.
  8.    #68  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Not sure how to call SnapperMail. I'll write them an email to find out.
    Ok I added SnapperMail support.

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
  9. #69  
    Thanks potatoho!!!! That clears up thing for me nicely!!!
  10. #70  
    FYI- I just showed your app to some Handspring reps at a conference and they love it. They never heard of the TreoHelper project....
  11. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #71  
    I run TreoMail which sends an SMS message as a new email notification. I'd love to be able to intercept this message and launch a macro program which would invoke the send/receive function of Treo Mail. That would be the closest thing to push email on the Treo.

    How hard would it be to launch an arbitrary program from TreoHelper on an SMS trigger?
  12.    #72  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    How hard would it be to launch an arbitrary program from TreoHelper on an SMS trigger?
    Not hard. But do you have a particular macro program in mind?

    The app must have a launch code programmed into it for a particular action. PBJTime, GNUGotMail, SnapperMail, have launch codes to do the mail fetch. There isn't a standard one, so that's why I've been adding them as I come across them.

    So it's kinda tough to make a generic setting. I mean, it wouldn't do much good if it simply launched an app and it sat there doing nothing when an SMS arrived. Perhaps TreoMail has a launch code to force retrieval. Or if you show me a macro program, perhaps we can add that with whatever parms it uses for a particular macro.
  13. #73  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    I run TreoMail which sends an SMS message as a new email notification. I'd love to be able to intercept this message and launch a macro program which would invoke the send/receive function of Treo Mail. That would be the closest thing to push email on the Treo.
    You mean like BizConn and Basejet already do?
  14. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #74  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    Not hard. But do you have a particular macro program in mind?

    The app must have a launch code programmed into it for a particular action. PBJTime, GNUGotMail, SnapperMail, have launch codes to do the mail fetch. There isn't a standard one, so that's why I've been adding them as I come across them.

    So it's kinda tough to make a generic setting. I mean, it wouldn't do much good if it simply launched an app and it sat there doing nothing when an SMS arrived. Perhaps TreoMail has a launch code to force retrieval. Or if you show me a macro program, perhaps we can add that with whatever parms it uses for a particular macro.
    I was thinking of MacroPlay, where you can associate a keyboard shortcut with a macro. Come to think of it, TreoMail allows you to invoke send/recv with a button press. Could you create a button press event instead of a launch code?
  15.    #75  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    Come to think of it, TreoMail allows you to invoke send/recv with a button press. Could you create a button press event instead of a launch code?
    I was just thinking there might be an easy way. I'll have to install TreoMail to test it. I'm thinking if you set it up for polling, there's likely to be an alarm which is set for the poll interval. So when I get the SMS I can adjust the alarm time to say 5 seconds in the future.

    So you'd set TreoMail to poll perhaps hourly, but if it gets an SMS trigger it would poll immediately because I've shortened the next poll interval. I'll try that out.

    Update: It's too hard. I'd need to know the specific function pointer within the TreoMail code in order to reference their procedure alarm.
    Last edited by potatoho; 04/15/2003 at 05:21 PM.
  16. #76  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic


    ... (snip)...

    Also is it necessary to check "Auto-Login when phone turned on" if one has the following checked:

    sys>pref>network>options>pref>"connect to the data network whenever wireless mode is powered on"?

    ...(snip)...
    I think this was in response to finding out that sys/prefs/network/options/pref/"connect to the data network whenever the wireless mode is powered on" does NOT survive a reset. After a reset, this preference (on my 270) reverts back to unchecked, no matter waht it started as.
  17. #77  
    Praise: I want to say many thaks for the SnapperMail Compatibility. You just made my treo much more conveniant

    Question: When using the triger to launch Snapper Mail, no matter what I have the "Message Tone" settings at, I always get the standard SMS "dingdong" and vibrate. I want to have no sound or vibrate. Is there a way to do this ?

    Thanks for the fantastic program !
  18.    #78  
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    Question: When using the triger to launch Snapper Mail, no matter what I have the "Message Tone" settings at, I always get the standard SMS "dingdong" and vibrate. I want to have no sound or vibrate. Is there a way to do this ?
    Thanks for the praise. You kinda have to turn off the system-wide Message Tone setting. It occurs prior to other notifications, and so it will always try to sound off when SMS arrives.

    One way to do it is to turn off the system-wide Message Tone in Preferences->Ringtones. And then use TreoHelper's Def setting instead, for SMS which don't match other triggers.

    I have thought about fiddling with the system-wide setting, but I'm thinking that would get too messy.
  19. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #79  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    I was just thinking there might be an easy way. I'll have to install TreoMail to test it. I'm thinking if you set it up for polling, there's likely to be an alarm which is set for the poll interval. So when I get the SMS I can adjust the alarm time to say 5 seconds in the future.

    So you'd set TreoMail to poll perhaps hourly, but if it gets an SMS trigger it would poll immediately because I've shortened the next poll interval. I'll try that out.

    Update: It's too hard. I'd need to know the specific function pointer within the TreoMail code in order to reference their procedure alarm.
    I've emailed Handspring to see if they will disclose a launch code for TreoMail send/recv. There's got to be a way, since you can trigger send/recv directly from a button press.
  20. #80  
    You might also want to try Visto (http://www.visto.com) since TreoMail is really their product.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions