Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    Yes. I have it set up similar to what you suggest in your message. I just finished editing my original post with another clue, though. Check it out.
    I'm looking into this. Were you in a phone call? I do a test for that.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    No. GPRS is connected, but not in an active call. Works fine when the PDA is on (cover open or closed). Doesn't work when PDA is off (cover closed). Screen lights up for a few seconds and radio still on.
  3.    #43  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    No. GPRS is connected, but not in an active call. Works fine when the PDA is on (cover open or closed). Doesn't work when PDA is off (cover closed). Screen lights up for a few seconds and radio still on.
    What is your Auto-off (lid closed) setting?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Auto-off (lid close) in 4 min.
    mine is Autoff Lid Close in 5 sec (the default)

for what it's worth
    Originally posted by potatoho

"Problem Alert" that's a weird one. I can't find a reference to that anywhere, but then the OS sources don't have the Handspring stuff in them.

I misunderstood your request. I thought you wanted the text of the message in which I wanted PBJTime to trigger on. There is no text in the error message. Just "Fatal Exception" and the reset button.

I'm running some more gremlins tonight with some hacks etc installed. So does your listtype thing work correctly in other applications?

I discovered that it is not. It crashes in everything.

One other thing you can do for me is to install CrashHack. It logs the fatal exceptions and will sometimes give better clues as to their origin. I can't live without it.

Needless to say I will be reinstalling this. I had uninstalled it cause I had problems with it. But I obviously need it now to diagnose why this is crashing on me now. Don't worry about it, as it seems it is my problem, not yours.
  7.    #47  
    rfg17,

Try turning off the "Auto-OK Connection Progress Dlg."

The one thing I'm thinking is that there is an alarm overlap. It's possible two of my alarms occur at the same second, in which case they will be handled successively. However during sleep periods I believe the alarm resolution is reduced and this may cause me to skip an alarm which overlapped as it is assigned to a particular time.

I will do some research into the resulution of alarms and techniques to reschedule ones which may have been missed. Though I haven't yet confirmed whether this is happening.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    No such luck. I have had this turned off the entire time.
  9.    #49  
    Added volume setting.

Hopefully fixed rfg17's problem. I'm guessing that the alarmproc was occurring a few seconds late, and I was scheduling further alarms based on "now" rather than the paramP->alarmSeconds. So I changed that. We'll see if that does anything for you.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    First, I have to say I like what I see so far (also like Sparkler for X10 stuff on your site) but I'd like to add few things.

The volume control setting is a nice touch but LOUD is much softer than when the system prefs was alerting on my 270. Not sure if everyone else is experiencing this.

Also, I'm having problems with the trigger text. My understanding is that I could add either the sender's address or a word/phrase from the message that would trigger that Message Tone but it always does the "Def" sound. I get system generated messages about servers and routers at work (server up, down, good, bad, etc) and would love to have different sounds for when the server is doing a "good thing" as opposed to "bad things". Trigger searches for keywords would need to happen for this though.

Also, has anyone tested this with TreoalertMgr? If not, how about adding "nag" feature as an option for certain SMS pages that you may concider higher priority.

All in all a nice app so far!
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by manielse
    The volume control setting is a nice touch but LOUD is much softer than when the system prefs was alerting on my 270. Not sure if everyone else is experiencing this.
    Hrm, I set it to phnRingerLoud. Is it at least different between Soft, Medium, Loud? Just want to make sure the parm is being picked up.

Also, I'm having problems with the trigger text. My understanding is that I could add either the sender's address or a word/phrase from the message that would trigger that Message Tone but it always does the "Def" sound.
    It's case-sensitive, uses StrStr(). Sprint has been including the sender and subject embedded in the SMS text, so they should compare ok. You've enabled your trigger right?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Hopefully fixed rfg17's problem. I'm guessing that the alarmproc was occurring a few seconds late, and I was scheduling further alarms based on "now" rather than the paramP->alarmSeconds. So I changed that. We'll see if that does anything for you.
    Works like a champ. Thanks!
    Ok sound seems to work better after selecting a different ringtone (maybe that tone was always soft) but still no luck on the 'trigger text'.

I should mention that this is a 270 on T-Mobile service but don't think that would make a huge difference for text searches.
  14.    #54  
    manielse,

Have you turned off the system's Message Tone? The system-wide message tone Preferences->Ringers will override TreoHelper's, so it must be disabled.
    manielse,

Have you turned off the system's Message Tone? The system-wide message tone Preferences->Ringers will override TreoHelper's, so it must be disabled.
    Just as an aside...Doing this effectively renders TreoAlertMgr from PDAapps useless as it relies on the setting of the system-wide message tone preference. <sigh>
  16.    #56  
    Originally posted by Maniac8888
    Just as an aside...Doing this effectively renders TreoAlertMgr from PDAapps useless as it relies on the setting of the system-wide message tone preference. <sigh>
    Hmm gonna have to scratch my head on that one. The way I understand things, what happens if the system Message Tone is enabled is that it always tries to play a tone and stop a tone.

That causes two things. When it plays a tone, it sometimes conflicts and plays the standard message tone, and sometimes TreoHelper will win out and play it's tone. It depends on whether the system can do simultaneous tones, which I'm really not certain, and the timing of the successive attempts to play the tone. The other thing is that tones must be stopped, and there is an API for that. The SMS system will attempt to stop the tone after a few seconds, and that will cancel out a tone playing even if TreoHelper initiated it. So you'd only be able to play short tones, perhaps 3 seconds.

It's kinda what happens when another app is also intercepting SMS and playing a tone. For example VeriChat does that. I put a hard-coded test in TreoHelper to ignore SMS which VeriChat is going to intercept.

I don't really have a solution for TreoAlertMgr if they require the system Message Tone to be enabled.

<snip>

I don't really have a solution for TreoAlertMgr if they require the system Message Tone to be enabled.
    I didn't really think so nor would I expect that there be one. This is just an interoperability issue, I think. I need to play around with the new release of TreoAlertMgr (that now allows for "customized" tone) and see if that makes a difference.

My Treo 300 apparently does play simultaneous tones as when I left the the system-wide message tone on (when I first installed TreoHelper); it played both tones at the same time.
    I know that TreoHelper can call GNUGotMail and GNUGotMail will fetch new messages. Can it do the same thing with SnapperMail?
  19.    #59  
    Not sure how to call SnapperMail. I'll write them an email to find out.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I've been using TreoHelper's SMS functionality which works well. However, I notice that PBJTime, which I launch when receiving an SMS voicemail notification, does not list a time for the message "on the top of the stack." It does list times for older messages which have been received. This caused me to miss a voicemail, since I did not realize the top message was new.

A couple of suggestions:

1) Add a timestamp for the top message in PBJTime.
    2) Provide a UI for clearing out the older messages.

I like having TreoHelper auto delete my voicemail SMS messages, but now I am afraid I will miss new voicemails.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast