Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 365
  1. #21  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    So the 270 gets kicked off the network too?
    The timeout value is set by the provider. It's not specific to the 270. There were some posts in the GPRS section a week or so ago, where users on Cingular were getting booted after 1 hr. I think they complained enough and got it changed.
  2. #22  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    Hrm it stays checked in the emulator. You're talking about a 270 with GPRS right?

    Preferences->Network-->Options menu->Preferences.

    So you're saying you can check that, and then soft reset and it will be unchecked next time?

    There is an easy way to programmatically set that preference on reset. But I'd obviously have to make it an option and squeeze it into the TreoHelper screen.
    Exactly. That would be nice if it could be persistant.
  3. #23  
    Originally posted by Appleman


    The timeout value is set by the provider. It's not specific to the 270. There were some posts in the GPRS section a week or so ago, where users on Cingular were getting booted after 1 hr. I think they complained enough and got it changed.
    I'll go check and see if anyone figured out the timeout for T-Mobile. Usually, I have been using Chatter, so there should be some background traffic to keep the connection active. I have noticed drops not using Chatter after a bit of time. Some of the drops with Chatter running could be due to being in areas of weak GPRS coverage.
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by jaytee
    Exactly. That would be nice if it could be persistant.
    Ok I uploaded 0.11. I moved some stuff around, the dropnet stuff is on its own category to make room. Verify your checkmarks after installation, as I combined some prefs into a bitmap for efficiency and so they've likely lost their value.

    What I've done is add a local preference for the auto-login. Upon reset, it will overwrite the system preference setting, because we assume that the system preference is unreliable. On CDMA devices, that's all that is done because auto-login does a complete network connection. On GSM/GPRS, TreoHelper does the network connection business itself upon network registration to make it act similarly to the CDMA.. which everyone loves? Well, I do

    So what we have is two settings for auto-login. A system-wide one, and the one in TreoHelper. If you only use TreoHelper to check/uncheck it will be consistent. But if you change it in the system panel, it will not be consistent with TreoHelper until the next reset.. in which case TreoHelper will overwrite the system setting. The reasoning is that the system setting is flaky, right? Otherwise I would normally not choose to force my values.

    The only thing "bad" is that with TreoHelper installed it cannot do a GPRS connect w/o network connection as well. To fix that I suppose I should only overwrite the system preference if my local is *set*. And that way if you never use the option in TreoHelper, it won't ever change the system pref. Yeah, I'll do that for the next rev.

    Edited to say that I fixed 0.11 to do the above.. i.e. only overwrite the system pref on reset, if TreoHelper setting is *on*.
    Last edited by potatoho; 04/06/2003 at 10:02 PM.
  5. #25  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    TreoHelper tries one time to bring up the network per phone cycle. I could make it persist, well, actually I'm not sure I know of an event on the GSM which indicates a change in connect status. There probably is one, at least I use the one on the CDMA.

    So the 270 gets kicked off the network too?
    I haven't installed 0.11 yet, but with 0.10, the network will re-login if it gets disconnected. Even, when I went and manually disconnected the GPRS connection, not the phone, within a couple of minutes(esitmate) it re-logged into the GPRS network.
  6. #26  
    persistant auto-login works nice on my 270... thanks

    the new layout may make it easier to eventually implement seperate 270 and 300 settings ... and 360 settings if/when it comes out
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    I haven't installed 0.11 yet, but with 0.10, the network will re-login if it gets disconnected. Even, when I went and manually disconnected the GPRS connection, not the phone, within a couple of minutes(esitmate) it re-logged into the GPRS network.
    Hrm actually I see something wrong. It was doing the relogin whenever signal coverage changed. I've uploaded a 0.12.
  8. #28  
    How long does the PBJTime display the SMS for? And can that be user configurable? Also, is there anyway of clearing a message out of PBJTime, instead of continually tacking on the next message on the bottom?

    Also, modifying the message tone does not seem to work on my 180. It shows all my tones in the list, but for everyone I select, it just plays the main Treo tone. I have disabled any alert within the Phone Ringer Preferences.


    This is a really neat product so far
  9.    #29  
    How long does the PBJTime display the SMS for? And can that be user configurable? Also, is there anyway of clearing a message out of PBJTime, instead of continually tacking on the next message on the bottom?

    Things are hard-coded right now. It displays for 20 seconds unless there is user activity. Also it attempts to auto-off in 30 sec (belayed with user activity) whenever it pops up due to incoming SMS.

    The buffer size is 4096 bytes, and it shifts the buffer as new SMS goes to the end. These things will be configurable in future releases, as well as being able to clear the buffer etc. For now, you can delete PBJTimeDB

    Also, modifying the message tone does not seem to work on my 180. It shows all my tones in the list, but for everyone I select, it just plays the main Treo tone. I have disabled any alert within the Phone Ringer Preferences.

    When configuring within TreoHelper, when you pick a tone from my list, does it play the correct tone properly? I need to know whether it's a problem with tone selection or SMS matching etc.
  10. #30  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    When configuring within TreoHelper, when you pick a tone from my list, does it play the correct tone properly? I need to know whether it's a problem with tone selection or SMS matching etc.
    No, it does not. Anyone I select plays the same tone. It appears that it is the tone selection that is the problem.
  11.    #31  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    No, it does not. Anyone I select plays the same tone. It appears that it is the tone selection that is the problem.
    Okay try the 0.14 I just posted. Not much of a change with regard to your problem, but I noticed a poorly typed parameter sent to a function and sometimes this flavor of gcc will leave garbage in type conversions.
  12. #32  
    Yup, that worked. Thanks again.

    P.S. I just experienced a Fatal Exception reset, although it was kind of my fault. I was entering a new number into the Message Tone duration and I accidentally hit the blue key, which disabled the numbers only in that field, and hit 0, which ended up being the list key. The little menu popped up, but when I went to click on another area of the screen, it crashed.
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    P.S. I just experienced a Fatal Exception reset, although it was kind of my fault. I was entering a new number into the Message Tone duration and I accidentally hit the blue key, which disabled the numbers only in that field, and hit 0, which ended up being the list key. The little menu popped up, but when I went to click on another area of the screen, it crashed.
    I can't explain the crash, but it does look like the GPRS ROM has weirdness with numeric fields. On the 300 you cannot bring up the ListType on a field declared as numeric. I mean, because it would allow weird chars like % and stuff. On the GPRS it does allow it to come up, though the emulator didn't crash when I picked something or tapped another area of the screen.

    Let me know if you can reproduce the crash, and which hacks/versions you have running. That way I can grab them and fix stuff like that. It may be something which I've already run into and fixed.

    Edited to add a question.. did you cycle the phone power while in TreoHelper at all? That's a no-no, as the PhoneLib ringtone stuff is really flakey when bringing up tone lists & stuff. I think it actually does all that stuff through AT commands and serial comms with the radio.
    Last edited by potatoho; 04/07/2003 at 03:32 AM.
  14. #34  
    I've been able to crash it 4 times in a row. I type a number, hit the listkey, tap an area of the screen, and fatal reset. If I select something from the list it does not crash. The hacks that I am running are: PBJTime, SwitchBeam and POP! Although I have tried it with Hacks disabled and it still crashed.

    Let me know if you need anything else, but don't kill yourself trying to fix it. I just won't do that anymore, now that I am aware of it. Besides, that selection doesn't alter the tone duration anyway, so it is quite useless on the 180.
  15.    #35  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    I've been able to crash it 4 times in a row. I type a number, hit the listkey, tap an area of the screen, and fatal reset. If I select something from the list it does not crash. The hacks that I am running are: PBJTime, SwitchBeam and POP! Although I have tried it with Hacks disabled and it still crashed.

    Let me know if you need anything else, but don't kill yourself trying to fix it. I just won't do that anymore, now that I am aware of it. Besides, that selection doesn't alter the tone duration anyway, so it is quite useless on the 180.
    I have to look into it.. can't have bugs in my code I ran gremlins on the UI overnight to get 4.5million gremlins without issue. Gremlins may not be stressing some of the Handspring vkeys however.

    Does it crash when you try the listtype within the trigger text field? Also, what is the text of the message.
  16. #36  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    Does it crash when you try the listtype within the trigger text field? Also, what is the text of the message.
    Yes, it crashed in the trigger field as well. The test of the message in the Trigger field is "Problem Alert", after I type the 't' then hit the list key and tap off the menu on another part of the screen is crashes. Selecting something from the list does not crash it.
  17.    #37  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Yes, it crashed in the trigger field as well. The test of the message in the Trigger field is "Problem Alert", after I type the 't' then hit the list key and tap off the menu on another part of the screen is crashes. Selecting something from the list does not crash it.
    "Problem Alert" that's a weird one. I can't find a reference to that anywhere, but then the OS sources don't have the Handspring stuff in them.

    Usually form issues like that are due to one-off errors in resources. But I haven't found any programmatic errors through inspection and tracing.

    I'm running some more gremlins tonight with some hacks etc installed. So does your listtype thing work correctly in other applications?

    One other thing you can do for me is to install CrashHack. It logs the fatal exceptions and will sometimes give better clues as to their origin. I can't live without it.

    http://www.79bmedia.com/crash/

    I personally like crash_34.zip. As you can see there are 36 different zip files, you just download/install the one zip you want and that's the picture it will use.
  18. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #38  
    I've been trying out TreoHelper on my 270 and generally love it. However, I've tried both the day and week modes of auto on/off and neither seems to work. Any suggestions?

    More info... It seems to work okay if I set a time and have the PDA on. But if the screen is off with the cover closed, at the specified time (off in this case), I just see the screen light up and then immediately go dark without turning off the radio.
    Last edited by rfg17; 04/08/2003 at 12:26 PM.
  19. #39  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    I've been trying out TreoHelper on my 270 and generally love it. However, I've tried both the day and week modes of auto on/off and neither seems to work. Any suggestions?
    It works on my 270 here. How do you have it set? Mine is set up like this:

    Enable phone on reset (checked)
    Day/Week (Day selected)

    There are 2 times to the right of Day/Week, they are the start and the end times to have the phone automagically turn on after a reset. I have them set as follows:

    First Time (start) : 8:00AM
    Second Time (end): 10:00PM

    An N/A in the First Time (start) will cause the phone never to be enabled after reset, even if the check mark is there on 'Enable phone on reset', I think.
  20. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #40  
    Yes. I have it set up similar to what you suggest in your message. I just finished editing my original post with another clue, though. Check it out.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions