Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
    I just installed Treohelper 0_60 with hopes that it will turn connect my Sprint T600 to the network when it is not connected. but it does not work. I have set Max try 1 every 10 minutes. Is this setting suppose to auto connect to the network when my 600 is off network once every 10 min? If so, it does not work for me. Does this work for anyone? I find my phone is disconnected from the network most of the time and it would be nice to have an app that regularly check network connect status and connect to it if not connected.
  2.    #342  
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    I just installed Treohelper 0_60 with hopes that it will turn connect my Sprint T600 to the network when it is not connected. but it does not work. I have set Max try 1 every 10 minutes. Is this setting suppose to auto connect to the network when my 600 is off network once every 10 min? If so, it does not work for me. Does this work for anyone? I find my phone is disconnected from the network most of the time and it would be nice to have an app that regularly check network connect status and connect to it if not connected.
    TreoHelper doesn't have functionality for auto-connecting to the network. There is a funky option for the GSM series which makes it do a full network connect during phone turn on, but that is just to make it work similar to the Sprint model. The max try option is for phone on attempts when it is turned off due to poor signal.

Why does your network disconnect every 10 minutes? That's weird.
    Originally posted by potatoho

TreoHelper doesn't have functionality for auto-connecting to the network. There is a funky option for the GSM series which makes it do a full network connect during phone turn on, but that is just to make it work similar to the Sprint model. The max try option is for phone on attempts when it is turned off due to poor signal.

Why does your network disconnect every 10 minutes? That's weird.
    It does not disconnect every 10 minutes. It's just that oo often, when I use Blazer, I find it is not connected to Vision and it has to take time to sign on and go through the motions to establish the connection first. Is there an app that checks and connect you to Vision when it is not connected? Funny that Sprint advertises 3G as being always on data but I am finding most of the time it is off.
    I have tried TreoHelper v.56 and v.60.

I am trying to get the SMS to work.

Sprint Treo 600 Revision B
    Snappermail v1.8.5

I am testing by sending a SMS from my email client to my SMS email address.

When the message comes in I get the SMS notification. But TreoHelper never fires off Snappermail.

The attached JPG shows how I have SMS configured.
    Under the "Purchase at Toysoft" it says "Launch: SnapperMail".

Any help would be wonderful.

PS QuickSnap by Toysoft looks to be pretty cool
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #345  
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    Under the "Purchase at Toysoft" it says "Launch: SnapperMail".
    Why does that line look weird? Does it really do that on the 600.. hmm didn't when I had one, lemme check the sim.
    I used a demo version of QuickSnap to generate the screen capture.

"Purchase at toysoft" is inserted by QuickSnap.
  7.    #347  
    I used a demo version of QuickSnap to generate the screen capture.
    Ahh ok, I was scratching my head I can't think of why it's not working. It was going on the 600 I had. Can you try setting the Delete option to see if it is at least capturing the SMS. At that point I suppose you'd just not see any SMS alert.

I know the tones don't work on the 600. I never got the time to work on that. Have to use a different library or something. Why'd they do that to me.. sigh.
    I have tried TreoHelper v.56 and v.60.

I am trying to get the SMS to work.

Sprint Treo 600 Revision B
    Snappermail v1.8.5
    hmm, your settings look good to me. is there any reason you haven't upgraded snappermail though, you have a bit of an older version... current version is 1.9.2 and it works flawlessly on my treo.

treohelper uses a special snappermail command that does a fetch upon launch. I don't know if this is specific to snappermail of a certain version or newer, just taking a stab in the dark. the upgrade would be worthwhile anyways, the newest version has great treo nav button support and handy single key shortcuts. I think upgrading from 1.8.5 to the newest version is free if I remember right...
    -- berto

...Can you try setting the Delete option to see if it is at least capturing the SMS. At that point I suppose you'd just not see any SMS alert....
    Ok, it's working now. But I don't think it was setting the Delete option that did it.

While installing QuickSnap last night (by emailing myself the PRC) I experienced the "continuous soft-reset" issue requiring a hard-reset to recover. During the BackupMan restore process it finishes with a soft-reset.

I think the soft-reset is what did it.

I was able to install QuickSnap by browsing to the toysoft website from my Treo 600 and downloading it there.

I have setup my email this way.
    1) Created a junk Yahoo email account. Created a filter that sends my phone a SMS message when email comes in from my primary email account (it also deletes the message so I never have to visit Yahoo to actually do anything).
    2) Setup my primary email account to forward a copy of the email to my Yahoo account.
    3) TreoHelper does the rest.

Primary email account gets a message and redirects a copy to Yahoo. Yahoo deletes that copy and sends a SMS to my phone. TreoHelper intercepts the SMS and deletes it, then launches SnapperMail to download from my primary email account.

Cool.

Versions being used
    Sprint Treo 600 revision B
    TreoHelper v0.56
    SnapperMail v1.8.5

Hopefully everything still works when I upgrade to SnapperMail v1.9.1

Thanks for a great utility.

Potatoho - Think you might add Treo 600 5-way support?
  10.    #350  
    Potatoho - Think you might add Treo 600 5-way support?
    That would probably require moving to the later SDK, which it isn't compatible with right now; i.e. if I move to the later SDK that would mostly break 180/270/300 compatibility because they changed around a lot of the values.

I'm doing a work project now which will require d-pad support and I'll know more about how to do it as that project progresses. Actually I'm very surprised that the d-pad doesn't "just work". Wondering what the Handspring rationale is behind making people update the software to support something which the OS should be doing.
    hello ,

i just downloaded treo helper on my treo 270 its works fine.
    that is was i looking for since i bouht this treo to stop poping up incoming sms.
    now my question :
    the sms will launched to the pbjtime,but wthout the senders adress or number.

what have i to do that this senders number will be showed ?

thanks for your help

dieter
    from germany
    I love Treo Helper and have used it for well over a year now.

I'm getting a Treo 600 "soon" through T-Mobile and was wondering how well it has been running for people. My biggest love of the app is the seperate ringtones based on words in the sms message as I get several automated types of messages. Is that piece still working well for people?

Potatoho, any chance in the future of snapping this piece to one of the MP3 ringtone systems? I'd love to create human voice tones in mp3 format that say "Server is down" when the server is down but midi files won't cut the mustard. Not a biggie but would be nice. I looked at the source code and even though I've never written anything for PalmOS, I may be able to figure this out myself.
  13.    #353  
    Originally posted by manielse
    Potatoho, any chance in the future of snapping this piece to one of the MP3 ringtone systems? I'd love to create human voice tones in mp3 format that say "Server is down" when the server is down but midi files won't cut the mustard. Not a biggie but would be nice. I looked at the source code and even though I've never written anything for PalmOS, I may be able to figure this out myself.
    I never got around to using the new Tones Library which is required for Treo 600 support of the ringtones. Does the Tones Library support mp3 now? Or is it some other software which must be subcalled. I dunno.

I never got around to using the new Tones Library which is required for Treo 600 support of the ringtones. Does the Tones Library support mp3 now? Or is it some other software which must be subcalled. I dunno.
    No it doesn't support mp3's, but I believe manielse is referring to the Lightwave app...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey Potatoho, users are reporting that Treohelper is no longer working properly with Snappermail 2.0. Is there an possible update for this? I'ld hate to lose Treohelper sms-pull with the new version of snappermail...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16.    #356  
    I'm aware of the problem. A response from the SnapperMail people is that they are looking into it. It may have been fixed in later versions, such as 2.03.01. I don't know when that will be available for download.
    It's a bug in the beta SM. This just showed up in the last closed beta and should be fixed in the next open beta.
    Potatoho, could you please post the latest version of Treohelper that works with the Treo 650? Alot people are saying that there's a ver .68 that is compatible with the 650, but I can't find it anywhere. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for writing such an indespensible app!

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Potatoho, could you please post the latest version of Treohelper that works with the Treo 650? Alot people are saying that there's a ver .68 that is compatible with the 650, but I can't find it anywhere. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for writing such an indespensible app!
    yes, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Gfunk, In an effort to try to help, I am using version 0.69 and it has been working well with fastmail and snappermail (for automatically polling). Have you tried this version? If you tried it and it didn't work, what about it did not work? Also, what is your setup that you are using, maybe yours is different from mine.

If you are having treohelper directly intercept sms' sent from fastmail, I know that fastmail recently changed the format of their sms' being sent out. I had to change the "trigger text" to adjust to this (once the change was made it worked).