Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 365
  1.    #321  
    Originally posted by Mol
    I've first tried forwarding it to PBJTime. This causes a soft reset when the Orange SMS arrives. I can see the SMS in PBJTime after the soft reset.
    Actually I've not tested PBJTime for the Treo 600 yet. The pbjtimehack is not going to work until a rewrite, and so I didn't think it would be that useful by itself. I'll try to simulate your situation if I can dig up the simulation rig I used and the simulator cooperates with me.
  2. #322  
    I am also getting a blank tone list. Has this been fixed by another version? I am on version .56 and have the T600.
  3.    #323  
    Originally posted by theguyyo
    I am also getting a blank tone list. Has this been fixed by another version? I am on version .56 and have the T600.
    I don't know enough about the tone list to attempt a test version. I suspect that it may be compatible with the GSM tone list code, but I don't even know if that is working as I don't have a GSM Treo 600 yet. It's kinda complicated as I suspect that it is now a hybrid of the newer 300's tone API and the older GSM's tone id structures.

    Edited..

    I looked at it and it appears that the Treo 600 uses a new library called TonesLibrary to do the ringers etc. It looks like maybe the TonesLibrary is analogous to the PhoneLib tone functions so it's probably not that much trouble, though more than I was expecting. No ETA right now.
    Last edited by potatoho; 10/29/2003 at 09:19 PM.
  4. #324  
    I downloaded Treohelper yesterday for my T600. Do I need to configure anything on Snappermail? I have only put it the '@' symbol on the text line (under the 'SMS' option) in the Treohelper. What am I missing?

    If I can't get TreoHelper to work I will probably have to return the T600 in favor of a BB 7230.

    Thank you Potatoho!
  5.    #325  
    Originally posted by Emailfan
    I downloaded Treohelper yesterday for my T600. Do I need to configure anything on Snappermail? I have only put it the '@' symbol on the text line (under the 'SMS' option) in the Treohelper. What am I missing?
    Sorry I didn't see this message earlier. You need TH 0.56. Set the launch to SnapperMail. Probably set "Delay launch until asleep". Set the Delete option too. Also of course you need some way to send an SMS trigger to your phone. That's the hardest part.
  6. #326  
    If you are checking eather Exchange mail or Pop3 Mail from and "always online" computer you can use EMail Notify to send the SMS's to your phone.

    http://www.dogspots.com/emailnotify/
  7. #327  
    Potatoho, is there anyway to make Treohelper work with PowerRun? I'ld like to load Snappermail onto the card via PowerRun and then have Treohelper launch the Snappermail shortcut created by PowerRun. I have the "Delay launch until asleep" configured and I see Treohelper trying to launch Snappermail but it obvisously doesn't work. Thanks...

    Also, any idea when PBJTime will be compatible with the Treo600?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #328  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Potatoho, is there anyway to make Treohelper work with PowerRun?
    Launching SnapperMail is done with sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase rather than a normal launch. This is what alerts SnapperMail to do the mail check. PowerRun probably doesn't recognize that as a legitimate launch; i.e. for the same reasons it doesn't recognize other launch codes, such as the find. It's possible that if you leave SM as the current application that it may work.


    Also, any idea when PBJTime will be compatible with the Treo600?
    I suppose I need to write a hack-less pbjtimehack. It's pretty simple to do. Though I don't think I'll be using SMS any more since it is metered on t-mobile unless you pay $10 extra per month. I know I will be using other techniques for trigger-launching my apps in the near future.
  9. #329  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    Launching SnapperMail is done with sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase rather than a normal launch. This is what alerts SnapperMail to do the mail check. PowerRun probably doesn't recognize that as a legitimate launch; i.e. for the same reasons it doesn't recognize other launch codes, such as the find. It's possible that if you leave SM as the current application that it may work.
    I'm not sure I understand? What do you mean if I leave Snappermail as the current application? TIA...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #330  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I'm not sure I understand? What do you mean if I leave Snappermail as the current application? TIA...
    PowerRun copies the app from flash to RAM during launch, but it only does it during a normal launch, not custom launches. I read on the PowerRun site that if the application is currently running, then it will respond to other launch codes since it is already RAM resident. So what I suggested was to leave SnapperMail running and see if it checks mail when the SMS trigger arrives. Probably still won't work, for various reasons.
  11. #331  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    PowerRun copies the app from flash to RAM during launch, but it only does it during a normal launch, not custom launches. I read on the PowerRun site that if the application is currently running, then it will respond to other launch codes since it is already RAM resident. So what I suggested was to leave SnapperMail running and see if it checks mail when the SMS trigger arrives. Probably still won't work, for various reasons.
    Thanks for the explanation. I just tried that experiment and it indeed worked! However, after Snappermail is launched and it finishes dowloading, the app closes and no longer remains Ram resident? Also are you sure about PowerRun not responding to custom launches? For example, I use the alarm/colauncher LookAtMe to launch Pocket Tunes which I have loaded on my card via PowerRun and it works just fine? The application launcher lists the PowerRun shortcuts and launches them with no problem. Is it posible to integrate such a co-launcher into Treohelper as well? Yeah, I know maybe this is asking to way too much, but that would exponentially increase the functionality of Treohelper! Imagine using sms triggers to launch any app you want? Anyway, sorry for the rambling...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12.    #332  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    the app closes and no longer remains Ram resident?
    Hmm. I forgot, they try to return to the previous app don't they. What does it do, return to the Treo launcher?

    Yeah, I know maybe this is asking to way too much, but that would exponentially increase the functionality of Treohelper! Imagine using sms triggers to launch any app you want? Anyway, sorry for the rambling...
    The thing is.. there's no point to launching apps from SMS unless they do something. A custom launch is when you launch an app with a specific launch code, which makes the app do something special. For example, SnapperMail authors made sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase the "launch me and check mail" custom launch.

    If I were to use a normal launch for SnapperMail, it wouldn't do anything but launch itself and sit there. They've programmed the custom launch specifically for programs like TreoHelper. Now if you really wanted it to work, I would suggest getting the SnapperMail authors to add an alternative CmdPBP parameter to sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch to indicate "check mail" functionality. Or I guess the PowerRun guys could make sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase perform the flash to RAM copy. I think they are scared of notify launches and things like that which occur quite often.

    BTW, I'll post to the SnapperMail list asking for the CmdPBP functionality.
  13. #333  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    Hmm. I forgot, they try to return to the previous app don't they. What does it do, return to the Treo launcher?
    It returns to the normal PalmOS launcher..


    The thing is.. there's no point to launching apps from SMS unless they do something. A custom launch is when you launch an app with a specific launch code, which makes the app do something special. For example, SnapperMail authors made sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase the "launch me and check mail" custom launch.

    If I were to use a normal launch for SnapperMail, it wouldn't do anything but launch itself and sit there...
    Yeah, I see your point. In case with Pocket Tunes, you can set it to automatically start playing on startup, so you can get around this. However, I still think there could be some uses for sms-triggered application launches in addition to email such as alarms (via PT), softresets, remote locking, etc and other security funcitons. Perhaps, there could be some type of macro based workaround? For example, it would be cool if Treohelper could launch a sms-triggered macro for network hotsync etc! Anyway, just a thought...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. #334  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    However, I still think there could be some uses for sms-triggered application launches in addition to email such as alarms (via PT), softresets, remote locking, etc and other security funcitons. Perhaps, there could be some type of macro based workaround? For example, it would be cool if Treohelper could launch a sms-triggered macro for network hotsync etc! Anyway, just a thought...
    Hmm... I'd be extremely interested in SMS triggered locking or other security functions. I'd considered getting mSafe for just that, but if the same functionality can exist built into some other software which I'd use anyway (such as TreoHelper) than no doubt I'd rather have the one that does more!
  15. #335  
    Okay, I absolutely LOVE Treohelper...the SMS mail lauch and radio control tools make it the killer app for Treo.

    My question is: Would it be possible to add HS Mail app to the launchable applications? I realize it requires that HS mail be able to handle the way it's launched to fetch, but if that part works, it would be VERY cool.

    -Rob
  16. #336  
    potatoho!

    Hey. I have a short question for you

    Is there a way to check for GPRS status like you check for phone (GSM) status? Treohelper works great in keeping the phone on line in marginal areas. What I am looking for is something that will check for GPRS status and try to reestablish GPRS connectivity if it is down a number of time (just like is now done with the normal phone connection).

    Is this possible? It seems to be a problem with GSM treo600's both here (tmo in US) and on Orange in the UK (at least).
  17. #337  
    Any luck in getting the handsfree button to dial the number on the 270's like discussed previously?

    I have tried almost all of your versions to no avail, and I am in need of this feature. I can't find another app that does this, so I am really hoping yours will work eventually

    Thanks in advance!
  18.    #338  
    Originally posted by patwoods
    Any luck in getting the handsfree button to dial the number on the 270's like discussed previously?

    I have tried almost all of your versions to no avail, and I am in need of this feature. I can't find another app that does this, so I am really hoping yours will work eventually
    Hmm does that not work on the 270? I guess I sorta was thinking it worked on some but not all due to a hangup problem. I fixed it for the Treo 600 in the work versions. Have you tried 0_60 in the work dir?

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/work/

    Haven't messed with the 270 button values though, so it probably won't work on it if earlier versions haven't.
  19. #339  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    Hmm does that not work on the 270? I guess I sorta was thinking it worked on some but not all due to a hangup problem. I fixed it for the Treo 600 in the work versions. Have you tried 0_60 in the work dir?

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/work/

    Haven't messed with the 270 button values though, so it probably won't work on it if earlier versions haven't.
    No dice. Tried it, and the button doesn't do anything to dial. When in a call, it also doesn't hang up either. It fluctuates the Speakerphone icon while in a call. Odd.

    Thanks for the quick help though, hopefully it will eventually work.
  20. #340  
    Originally posted by patwoods


    No dice. Tried it, and the button doesn't do anything to dial. When in a call, it also doesn't hang up either. It fluctuates the Speakerphone icon while in a call. Odd.

    Thanks for the quick help though, hopefully it will eventually work.
    I have the same problem, not only connected to TreoHelper but to all the Treo software :-(

    I am unable to answer & hangup calls with the handsfree button; the earphone audio works, the button seems to be working, but the only result I have when I press it during a call is to switch the speakerphone on for a second (and then back to the earphone) without hanging-up.

    Have you got the same problem? Have you managed to solve it?

    Thanks.

    Marco

Posting Permissions