Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
    potatoho

I don't know how I missed it but .53 is working on my Treo600.
    Sorry to cause you the extra confusion and waste of time.

one new thing I noticed though is that after it grabs the mail, the T600 stays on, in keyguard mode untill the default turn off time happens (i.e. 1 or 2 min depending on your settings).

Is there a way to turn off the screen immediatly after the fetch ?

P.S. Thanks so much for making this work again.
  2.    #302  
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    Is there a way to turn off the screen immediatly after the fetch ?
    Did it used to turn off right away on the older devices? That's mostly a SnapperMail thing since I just launch it with their code, perhaps they have an option for that. I'm not sure how I'd know when it was done fetching mail etc.
    Is the dropnet still only for the CDMA treo?
    Great utility. My Treo 300 would be lost without it.

I updated my Treo to current and latest build, and lost some functionality through. I used to have grey arrows drop set to 2 hours. Experimentally. I found that sometime between 2 hours and 3 hours, was where spring would drop the connection. After then, if Treo is still thinking it is connected, it would take very long time to disconnect and reconnect. We the latest treohelper, longest timeout I am allowed to specify is 15 minutes. That's not long enough. I end up having to reconnect every time I use Treo.

Any chance to more range there?
  5.    #305  
    Originally posted by goobar
    Any chance to more range there?
    Sure.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_54.zip
    .53 is working on my Orange GSM 600 for the "reconnect to network" part. It's great, my roaming problems in the US that I reported in another thread are now gone! Things that don't seem to work:

* doesn't open the GPRS connection after a reset
    * doesn't restore the GPRS connection after it's dropped
  7.    #307  
    Originally posted by Mol
    * doesn't open the GPRS connection after a reset
    * doesn't restore the GPRS connection after it's dropped
    I wonder if the first * is because I turn off the device 10 seconds after I turn on the phone. Can you try this.. after a reset and it has turned on the phone, press the up-arrow or something to keep the screen on. I don't know, doesn't seem like that would cause it.

It's not supposed to restore the GPRS every time it's dropped. There's actually not an event that GPRS is lost, unlike the CDMA which has such events, and hence the Dropnet options only work on that. However it does attempt GPRS restore if reception is lost/regained.
    Originally posted by potatoho

I wonder if the first * is because I turn off the device 10 seconds after I turn on the phone. Can you try this.. after a reset and it has turned on the phone, press the up-arrow or something to keep the screen on. I don't know, doesn't seem like that would cause it.

It's not supposed to restore the GPRS every time it's dropped. There's actually not an event that GPRS is lost, unlike the CDMA which has such events, and hence the Dropnet options only work on that. However it does attempt GPRS restore if reception is lost/regained.
    I've done some additional testing this morning and the cases where it doesn't open the GPRS connection appear to be due to the network, i.e. I can't open the connection manually either.
    I've experimented with TreoHelper on my new T600 over the past day, and it appears to be crashing/resetting the T600 when a call comes in and the unit is off.

I missed two calls this way because the unit reset itself at the exact time someone called but not in time to catch the call after reset.

When I do an ##ERR (##377) on the keypad, I get:

"A reset was caused on ____________ while running TreoHelper DataMgr.c, Line:6341, Invalid uniqueID passed"

The time is the exact one someone tried to call me.

I have been using Facer as my launcher, and it puts itself back as the app that's on when you turn on the device, and I also have a MIDI ringtone -- not sure either of those is the culprit in conjunction with TreoHelper.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Is there any chance you could get the "headset" button functionality to work on the 600.

I really miss being able to press my headset button and have the phone call Sprint's Voice dial for me.

Thank you very much for spending your time on a great tool for Treo users.

Ken
  11.    #311  
    Perhaps the headset is another thing they fixed from the Treo 300, which was using a different enum value for phnButtonHeadset. Try this version which uses the GSM values when on OS 5.x:

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_55.zip

As for scoopman's crash, I've not been able to find anything about that yet. I don't make extensive use of the data manager, and looking at the older OS sources I don't see how I could directly trigger that error, as it is during a call which I don't use. So it's possibly an interaction problem..

Events which occur during voice calls should be in the phnServiceVoice class, and I only register for those if either "Auto-OK" (obsolete) or "Dial with handsfree button press" are enabled. I suggest turning those off to prevent TreoHelper from getting such events and possibly interfering if that's what is happening.
    I tried .55 and still no dialing with the headphone button. The button does work as I can hangup on a call with it, but at present it's just not interested in listening to TH

...ken
  13.    #313  
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    I tried .55 and still no dialing with the headphone button.
    Ok I noticed that they changed the enum from the GSM version as well. Boy they've really tried hard to bust compatibility. I'm still not sure about the modifiers as they've left the new values out of the SDK, but try this..

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_56.zip
    no luck

15.    #315  
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    I don't know how I missed it but .53 is working on my Treo600.
    It has come to my attention that the TreoHelper SMS tones are not working properly on the Treo 600. Is the tone list blank on yours?
    Potatoho, I have version .56 loaded and the drop net functionality does not work. Should it? I really liked this functionality on my T300. Thanks for the help.
    Carl
    I've just upgraded from a Treo300 to a Treo600. The General functions and Drop Net functions seem to work (I haven't tested them very rigorously), but I am having problems with the SMS functions. Specifically, I cannot choose a message tone for each of the SMS triggers; the dropdown is always blank.

I believe that the problem is that the Treo600 no longer stores midi tones on the radio. They are now stored in the MIDI Ring Tone database. Assuming that this is the problem, can TreoHelper be made to use the tones in that file? Of course, the problem may be something completely different.

Is anyone else having this problem?
  18.    #318  
    Originally posted by BillFugina
    I believe that the problem is that the Treo600 no longer stores midi tones on the radio. They are now stored in the MIDI Ring Tone database. Assuming that this is the problem, can TreoHelper be made to use the tones in that file? Of course, the problem may be something completely different.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Yes I have a report of that blank tone list. It may just be that they have gone to the GSM style structures. I'd have to try that out to see if it works.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Started playing with TreoHelper. Very cool software. Unfortuntately, trying to tie it to run a snappermail notification whenever it sees a message. Two things I've noticed (if they've been repeated in the forum before, I applogize).

1) The way sprint's SMS works, there is no way to specifiy how to start the software because from always comes up as Unknown. Hopefully this will change, and is a Sprint Bug. For now, I have the software set to trigger Snappermail whenever an @ sign is recieved

2) Snappermail doesn't seem to retreive anything when triggered with the keyguard on. Am I missing something?
    [EDIT]

Well, sometimes.. now it works.. ugh..

[EDIT AGAIN!!!]

Ok.. Zlauncher. When I'm running ZLauncher as the app when I go to keyguard mode, when coming out of that, the app seems to flub out, and stay stuck trying to check mail... for the first account under snapper. I have two accounts. Very wierd.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cue79; 10/25/2003 at 01:32 PM.
    I'm trying to set up an SMS trigger because the voice mail SMS of Orange aren't stored in the SMS Inbox and I've missed a few of them already.

I've first tried forwarding it to PBJTime. This causes a soft reset when the Orange SMS arrives. I can see the SMS in PBJTime after the soft reset.

Then I tried launching Snapper. This works correctly, however I don't want it to launch a Send/Fetch. All I need is to keep the SMS on my phone, ideally in the SMS Inbox but in PBJTime would be good enough.

Any ideas? Maybe the Treo 600 version of AlertManager will help me out but I'd still prefer to keep the SMS somewhere.