Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Originally posted by pretzel
    I Just installed TreoHelper (0.47) and GNUGotMail, but TH won't launch GGM when an SMS comes in.
    When GGM recieves the TH launch it sets a flag and then waits until powerdown before launching. Nowadays TH can do that (delayed launch) by itself but it isn't as "smart" as the native GGM in some ways.

Also - way back in the thread I see that there were some questions as to if it would work with TreoAlertManager, but I seem to have missed the final word on that.
    From what I understand, there is not a compatibility issue. But there's evidently a condition where it stops working and I've seen some complaints. I've done testing each time I've seen a complaint but never noticed a problem in my test setup, so I can't say.
    Is there any development under way or planned for Treo600. I am addicted to the SMS Triggered pull E-Mail with SnapperMail. I installed TreoHelper on my new T600 hopeing it would still work, but it does not seem to do anything. The incoming SMS is not intercepted. Any ideas ?
  3.    #283  
    I'll look into it. Can't think of a reason off-hand.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I'll look into it. Can't think of a reason off-hand.
    Oh please do Potatoho!! Your app has become indespensible!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Please please please!!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #286  
    It's hard to test the SMS because the simulator doesn't have a radio etc. If I had to guess, I'd say they probably fixed the event enum differences between the GSM and CDMA devices -- there was a one-off difference due to a missing CDMA event. I'll put a test specific for the 600 and use the GSM enums and see if that works for you.

Okay try this one: http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_49.zip
    Last edited by potatoho; 10/11/2003 at 02:54 PM.
    That did not seem to fix the problem for me. Can anyone else confirm this ?
  8.    #288  
    I see another change. Looks like they changed the launch code from 0x2bad to 0xabad. Lemme try that.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_50.zip
    Still not working for me. Its as if the program is not even installed. The standard SMS "Alert" window pops up with the (OK, Snooze, and Go To) options. I believe these buttons are different from the ones on the older Treos.

Edit: P.S. Thanks for working on this.
  10.    #290  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I see another change. Looks like they changed the launch code from 0x2bad to 0xabad.
    Oops I missed a spot. Try this..

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_51.zip
    Still nothing. Also the Delete and vibrate checkboxed don't work, if that helps you.

Can anyone else confirm these results ?
  12.    #292  
    This test version has the new launch code, but I kept the old CDMA enum one-off error in there. Just want to rule out the possibility since with 0.51 I tried two things at once..

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_52.zip
    it is still not responding to SMS in any way.

Also I noticed if the phone is on when the time comes for it to be automaticly turned on, somehow it turns itself on again, and logs on to vision again. Some times but not every time this causes an error and the phone does a soft reset. If it happens again I will try to be more observent.
  14.    #294  
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    Also I noticed if the phone is on when the time comes for it to be automaticly turned on, somehow it turns itself on again, and logs on to vision again.
    Ok I just fixed that issue and overwrote the 0.52 in the work dir. No other changes, not sure what else to try. Does the dropnet stuff work on the 600? For example, set a dropnet (grey) for 10 seconds and see if it disconnects the data. That will let me know that the launch codes are working properly.
    It apperas that the "Drop Net" function is not working eather. I tried grey and green to 10 sec just to check. Has no effect.
  16.    #296  
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    It apperas that the "Drop Net" function is not working eather. I tried grey and green to 10 sec just to check. Has no effect.
    Ok so that probably means that I'm missing something on a more general level.
    I downloaded and tried version .51 and was able to get the sms feature to start snappermail. I then downloaded version .52 and this feature is now not working. Anyone experience the same results. For now I am able to use version .51 to start snappermail. So I am staying with that version.
  18.    #298  
    Originally posted by jhutchings
    For now I am able to use version .51 to start snappermail. So I am staying with that version.
    Thanks for the extra data point. So let me go back to the .51 enum fix, and then just add the on/off bugfix above to it.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_53.zip
    Thanks it works now, this is a great utility, with Snapper a killer combo. What exactly is not now working for the Treo600. Thanks for this great app.
  20.    #300  
    Originally posted by jhutchings
    Thanks it works now, this is a great utility, with Snapper a killer combo. What exactly is not now working for the Treo600. Thanks for this great app.
    Aww man. I thought you had a Treo 600

Or do you have a different device?