Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    Darn, same result. (so you know I'm running the latest, PBJ now sports a white b/g on both apps as opposed to the powder blue).
    Oh yeah, that's mostly for me because some of the colors were messing up the backdropgc that I purchased

Yeah it's kinda frustrating because I can't duplicate it. We'll find it eventually.
    Would it be possible to add to TreoHelper a utility that automatically reconnects the network when it gets dropped?
  3.    #263  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Would it be possible to add to TreoHelper a utility that automatically reconnects the network when it gets dropped?
    Possible on the CDMA because it has an event for connection status. But would you really want it on CDMA where it will probably catch fire if it kept trying to connect over and over.

Which device are you using, and why is the connection dropping?
    Originally posted by potatoho

Possible on the CDMA because it has an event for connection status. But would you really want it on CDMA where it will probably catch fire if it kept trying to connect over and over.

Which device are you using, and why is the connection dropping?
    I'm using the 300. Of course the other settings would override this (for instance, if TreoHelper drops the connection because of constant green, it wouldn't reconnect), and it could have a timeout between retries (20 minutes or so). I don't know why the connection is dropping. Probably the standard Sprint craziness.
    On my 270, this functionality is enabled by selecting 'enable phone on reset' and 'auto-login when phone turned on' in treohelper _and_ enabling Prefs/network/options/preferences/ entry "Connect to the data network whenever the wireless mode is powered on". (Which is only 'sticky' between resets because of Treohelper ... thanks!)

Is it different on the 300?

Originally posted by KRamsauer
    While I'm here... Has there been anymore thought about enabling the earphone button on the 270's? I can either have the earphone button not be used and enable "Auto-OK Connection Progress Dlg", or have an earphone button that works (picks up and hangs up calls) and disable "Auto-OK ..."
  7.    #267  
    Originally posted by jaytee
    While I'm here... Has there been anymore thought about enabling the earphone button on the 270's? I can either have the earphone button not be used and enable "Auto-OK Connection Progress Dlg", or have an earphone button that works (picks up and hangs up calls) and disable "Auto-OK ..."
    A while ago I researched the problem, and the hangup issue was caused whenever I registered for phnServiceVoice. Some kind of random timing problem. There was definitely a software bug in the 270 series at one time which caused hangup not to work properly, though I verified that the current releases have the proper fix. I don't know why some 270s still have the issue.

Anyways for the auto-ok business, I was using an event in the phnServiceVoice class and so I only register for that class when the auto-ok option is selected. I haven't found another way to do the auto-ok without hacking the system etc.

There is good news however. The 1.01 Treo 300 update does the auto-ok by itself! It's even better than mine because it a) doesn't blow up on occasion, and b) it dismisses errors when the phone is still off. I presume that a GSM patch could be made if people wrote to Handspring.
    Potatoho,

Nice app going here. I just found out about this last night!

Can you add an SMS trigger option using a given pattern to lock the device using the standard locking mechanism (probably a system call)? I would think that should be easy to do given what you have already developed.

I guess I could try to do it myself and send you the code, but I'd have to dust off old tools and skills

Sorry if this has been discussed before.
    Potatoho,

Do you have any plans on porting an application like TreoHelper to other PalmOS Sprint phones like the Samsung SPH-i500? I was reading a thread over at PDAPhoneHome that was asking if an app exactly like Treohelper was available for the i5. I couldn't help but gloat that one already existed for the Treo! Again, all I can say is Thanks Potatoho for a great app!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #270  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Do you have any plans on porting an application like TreoHelper to other PalmOS Sprint phones like the Samsung SPH-i500?
    I'm not having any luck finding an i500 SDK. Perhaps one isn't needed if it uses the PalmOS telephony API.
    Already attempted to get an SDK out of them. About like dealing with Sony IMHO:
    ------------------------------
    Hello.

My company develops software for the Palm OS Handheld market. We would like to know if you have any i330 specific information or developers SDKs available.

Regards,
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.

------------------------------

We currently do not offer SDK's.

Thanks
    samtech006
    yo potatoho!

Did you know that on my 270 the earbud switch consistently does not work when the cover is closed (old news) but DOES work when the cover is open! Go figure! Does this jibe with what you think the interaction is?
  13.    #273  
    Originally posted by jaytee
    yo potatoho!

Did you know that on my 270 the earbud switch consistently does not work when the cover is closed (old news) but DOES work when the cover is open! Go figure! Does this jibe with what you think the interaction is?
    Interesting clue. I don't see it as something I have control over though.
    seems to have been a less than repeatable event sorry... although I'd say you are probably less than suprised!
    Originally posted by potatoho

I'm not having any luck finding an i500 SDK. Perhaps one isn't needed if it uses the PalmOS telephony API.
    Too bad... What about any plans to port Treohelper to the Treo600? I must say I don't think I can function w/o my sms-triggered pull via treohelper! If not, are there any other OS 5.x apps that support sms triggers? Tx...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeah! Please please please port it to the Treo 600? SDK is already out.
    Although alot of the app seems specific to the Treo300 I would very much like a version of your SMS hack allowing triggered pull for the Treo 600. I use it with snapper mail and love it.

Thanks for a great program.
  18.    #278  
    No hacks involved. AFAICT it should work on the 600 ok. I'll check it out some more in the simulator etc.
    opps. bad assumption. It works so well, once I set it up, I never had to look at it again. Thanks for the info, and I hope it does work.
    Hello.

I Just installed TreoHelper (0.47) and GNUGotMail, but TH won't launch GGM when an SMS comes in.

It hits the rule, since the ring is different, but GGM never launches.

This is on a Treo 180

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Also - way back in the thread I see that there were some questions as to if it would work with TreoAlertManager, but I seem to have missed the final word on that.

What is the final word on that.

Thanks.