Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Originally posted by image
    it was the begining of a phone call. i had just picked up by pressing the button (was typing in verichat previously... ), and a few seconds into it, i get assaulted by an loud *** alert tone.
    Yeah that's probably the call status API. I think it lags a bit from what is intuitive. The worst part is that when you have an active voice call, your SMS is like running on superconductors or something. I can send sub-second SMS from the Sprint web site to my phone while a voice call is in progress. So it's no wonder that the SMS chose that perfect timing to arrive on the device.

The solution will probably have to be to put a guard time once the phone starts ringing, as well as right after a disconnect.
    When I recieve and SMS, the unit wakes up, PBJTime shows the SMS, but after 5 seconds or so it turns off. Is there a way to make it stay on for 30 seconds or so? This is all the with lid closed, using TreoHelper and PBJTime.
  3.    #243  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    When I recieve and SMS, the unit wakes up, PBJTime shows the SMS, but after 5 seconds or so it turns off. Is there a way to make it stay on for 30 seconds or so? This is all the with lid closed, using TreoHelper and PBJTime.
    It goes by the PBJTime preference, set in the application.
    Originally posted by potatoho

That's what I thought. It doesn't work. Any ideas?

Noticed the same thing here myself. If the Treo 300 is turned on, but the lid is closed, and I hold down the PBJ button, the message only shows for a couple of seconds, and then the device turns itself off. The only way that PBJ seems to be working correctly is if you do it with the lid open. I often don't want to open the lid just to see the PBJ message (Since that often means removing it from the belt holder).

BTW: any idea if/when you would re-install the feature that allowed TH to turn on/off the radio even if there is a message dialog on screen (Treo 300 only)?
  6.    #246  
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    BTW: any idea if/when you would re-install the feature that allowed TH to turn on/off the radio even if there is a message dialog on screen (Treo 300 only)?
    Here's the current version I'm playing with. It uses a combination of procalarm and displayalarm depending on feature and device. I've not yet tested it on a GSM device.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_42.zip

That's weird about PBJTime. Let me make sure the latest version is posted, because I can't duplicate your symptoms. It looks like the version I have locally is worked on a little since 0.6 so let me call it 0.7 and you can try it.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/pbjtime.zip
    I got that weird problem with PBJTime to go away. Go into TreoHelper and turn off the setting that keeps the Treo on with the lid shut and the net active. Just to be safe I changed the setting to 2 minutes. That seemed to work. I'll report back if it doesn't work in the future.
  8.    #248  
    I got that weird problem with PBJTime to go away. Go into TreoHelper and turn off the setting that keeps the Treo on with the lid shut and the net active. Just to be safe I changed the setting to 2 minutes. That seemed to work. I'll report back if it doesn't work in the future.
    Ah ok. That's probably the logic I put in to make the net active lid close a little softer for myself. If the net was active and lid closed (assuming you have that option enabled), then it would try every 10 seconds to turn off again. I don't really like the logic and so I'm going to take it out in the next rev.

Ah ok. That's probably the logic I put in to make the net active lid close a little softer for myself. If the net was active and lid closed (assuming you have that option enabled), then it would try every 10 seconds to turn off again. I don't really like the logic and so I'm going to take it out in the next rev.
    Ah excellent. So the problem is identified and will be solved. You don't happen to be a mechanic too?
    The only checkbox I have set on the general page is "Enable phone on reset". I aslo have "Auto-Off in 30 sec".

I installed the latest from your links. If the phone is on, but the lid is closed, I still get the device turning off about 2 seconds (or less) after I press and hold the defined PBJ button (which, in my case is the 4th/mail button).

Treo300
    Try turning on the auto-off feature, and then turning it back off. That's what I did.
  12.    #252  
    Here's a test version without the network lid closed retry nonsense.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_43.zip
    Try turning on the auto-off feature, and then turning it back off. That's what I did.
    No help in doing that (turned it on, exited, turned it off, exited, tried PBJ w/ lid closed...off in 2 seconds still)

I'll try the latest post and get back with the result.
    Same deal with thise TH. I tried changing assigned BPJ buttons, but it still turns itself off. I've diabled all other "Hacks", but I've yet to go and uninstall the "Buttons-T" and "TreoButton" apps.
  15.    #255  
    Same deal with thise TH. I tried changing assigned BPJ buttons, but it still turns itself off. I've diabled all other "Hacks", but I've yet to go and uninstall the "Buttons-T" and "TreoButton" apps.
    You've got PBJTime 0.7 right?
    Treo Helper 0.43
    PBJTime 0.7
    PBJTimeHack 0.1

Treo300

I've also removed both Buttons-T and Treo Buttons. Same result. Anything else I should be checking? I've even tried turning off the Lid-Open sound.
    Last edited by Bryan Nystrom; 07/23/2003 at 12:36 PM.
  17.    #257  
    Treo Helper 0.43
    PBJTime 0.7
    PBJTimeHack 0.1

Treo300

I've also removed both Buttons-T and Treo Buttons. Same result. Anything else I should be checking? I've even tried turning off the Lid-Open sound.
    What's your auto-off (lid close) setting? If you just power on with a key, lid closed, it works normally. It's only when you hold the key for pbjtime that it turns on, pops up, then turns off after 2 seconds?
    In TH, the Auto-Off (Lid Close) setting is set to 30 sec.

If the lid is closed and I select any of the buttons w/o holding them, the appropriate app starts and the device remains on. It's only when I press the assigned PBJ button for a couple of seconds does PBJ popup for about a seconds, PBJ closes, then the device shuts off (this occurs if I continue to hold the PBJ button, or even if I try to immediately release the button as soon as I see PBJ starting).
  19.    #259  
    In TH, the Auto-Off (Lid Close) setting is set to 30 sec.

If the lid is closed and I select any of the buttons w/o holding them, the appropriate app starts and the device remains on. It's only when I press the assigned PBJ button for a couple of seconds does PBJ popup for about a seconds, PBJ closes, then the device shuts off (this occurs if I continue to hold the PBJ button, or even if I try to immediately release the button as soon as I see PBJ starting).
    That sure is weird. I'll have to take some guesses. Here try this test version, I had an 'if' statement I didn't like and maybe it was causing auto-repeat to close it out.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/work/pbjtime-0_8.zip
    Darn, same result. (so you know I'm running the latest, PBJ now sports a white b/g on both apps as opposed to the powder blue).

I assume this isn't happening on your Treo300, so it must be something specific to my enviornment. Not sure what else to try except to purge the device of all apps except TH, PBJ, and TealMaster.