Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    I've been running it for the past few days without any unusual issues. The area which was causing problems was with the lid open sound, but I believe I have that covered.

There is a new feature under "Fun" which is in preparation for me getting a wireless handsfree setup at some point. You may set a phone number which will be dialed when you press the answer/hangup button on the handsfree. So, if you set it to * for example, it will dial voice command and then you can proceed. It sometimes takes a second or two for the Treo to recognize the button press, though I'm not doing anything special to poll for it etc, amazingly it sends the answer/hangup button even even while the device is sleeping.

Anyways, that feature is optional so you don't go running up a huge phone bill if you throw your freespeak in your pocket or something.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    I have noticed, since going to V0.35 on my treo 180, the lid open sound doesn't work any longer. I only get a very short chirp. The lid close sound works fine. Any ideas, or is this already a known issue.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I've been running it for the past few days without any unusual issues. The area which was causing problems was with the lid open sound, but I believe I have that covered.
    0.35 lid open tone broke on my 270. I get like the first millisecond of the tone and then it cuts out. Dropped back to 0.30 and it works like a champ.
  4.    #204  
    wish you guys would have said something yesterday..... before I cut my lid off Now I have no speaker to test with. Well, I'll look the code over.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    wish you guys would have said something yesterday..... before I cut my lid off Now I have no speaker to test with. Well, I'll look the code over.
    Sorry. Just got a chance to try this out today.
  6.    #206  
    I got a speaker back on.. yay! I moved the lid open tone to late wakeup, so give this version a try please..

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_36.zip
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I got a speaker back on.. yay! I moved the lid open tone to late wakeup, so give this version a try please..

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_36.zip
    No joy.
    No luck here either.
    FYI: Both 35 and 36, Lip Open works fine on Treo 300.
  10.    #210  
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    FYI: Both 35 and 36, Lip Open works fine on Treo 300.
    I know. That's what I have. The GSM models are acting weird, though in this case it's just slightly different bahavior that I'm having trouble with.

The GSM models have a problem with the way I dequeue and enqueue the keys at power on. This is done to find the hsChrLidStatusChg character, which indicates that the lid has been opened. The way I was doing it in prior versions was bad because it causes my new handsfree button press feature to stop working, so that's why I haven't simply reverted to that .30'ish code.

The problem is that in .30 I was enqueueing the keys back in the reverse order. In .32 I corrected that, and that's when the GSM models lid open sound turned into a chirp. So... I'm not quite sure what to do other than doing some more research into the keys which are present in the queue at startup and their affect on the device.
  11.    #211  
    I just got my Jabra Freespeak today. It's pretty cool!

Unfortunately the new feature I added to TreoHelper (auto-dial with handsfree press) doesn't work reliably when the phone is off. The handsfree button needs to sometimes be held for about a second to have the Treo recognize it while sleeping, and the Freespeak's flash is shorter than that. Since I'm not doing anything special right now, I guess I'll have to check into ways of improving its response time. Ugh if the Freekspeak flash was just a smidgen longer it would work fine.

I'm not sure of the whole idea anyways. One problem is that I can't tell the diff between turning on the FS and turning it off. So it's possible for it to get out of synch and cause TH to auto-dial while you are turning off the ear piece. For example if you use the screen to hangup, and then turn off the ear piece, I will see that as an auto-dial attempt. That's not cool.
    I too have the Jabra Freespeak and have been using it with the autodial feature, itís an awesome combination. What makes it even better is when you subscribe to PCS Voice Commands ($5/mo) and setup the autodial to dial the Voice Command then all you need to do is just say the personís name and it automatically dials the number, all wireless and totally hands free.

I also noticed that this feature doesnít work reliable when the phone is off, but for the most part itís not that big of a deal as all I need to do is press the on button once to turn the Treo on and Iím good go. It would be so cool if you could get this working when the Treo is off though, then I wouldnít even have to be close to my Treo to make a call - that would be killersÖ

Also, another good thing about having the autodial feature dial Voice Command is that I donít have to worry about if my Treo dials when the FreeSpeak is turned off like you mentioned because Voice Command just times out and hangs up if it doesnít hear any commands.

Thanks for such a great app with awesome features.

-Ryan
  13.    #213  
    Originally posted by ryanl
    I also noticed that this feature doesnít work reliable when the phone is off, but for the most part itís not that big of a deal as all I need to do is press the on button once to turn the Treo on and Iím good go. It would be so cool if you could get this working when the Treo is off though, then I wouldnít even have to be close to my Treo to make a call - that would be killersÖ
    I've been trying stuff all day but haven't got it working reliably. What I've been doing is changing the debounce timings within the OS interrupt handler for the button. It's the same routine which was problematic on the GSM versions way back last year, PhoneHalLib/PrvHwWismoHeadsetIntHandler(). I've been patching the code and trying different things. The problem however appears to come from the wismo module (the radio) itself.

I believe the handsfree button is attached to the wismo, and they turn the wismo into power down mode shortly after you turn off the Treo. In this mode it seems to take an eternity to recognize the button press and ultimately reach the Treo. You'd think it would latch the button press and deliver the interrupt properly even if delayed, but nah it just ignores it unless it is held. Sleep mode on the wismo is 32kHz clock, which is really comatose.

The Jabra FreeSpeak does approx a 1/2 second flash for the hangup/answer. Unfortunately it will require a flash of close to 2 seconds in some cases once the Treo/wismo is really sleeping. No problem for regular handsfree users, they just need to hold the button down longer. But for FreeSpeak there is no control over the length of the flash, unless the Jabra guys want to change their firmware, or we add an intermediate dongle.

The only other option would be to keep the wismo from having such high latency. I don't know enough about the whole thing yet to be of much help there. Maybe the new Sprint firmware coming out on 6/18 will help.

I think I will write a letter to Jabra and see if they are interested in extending the flash to 2-3 seconds. I see no downside to it. That would be the ideal solution.

In the meantime, I'm still not sure I even like the feature. I keep getting all confused and stuff. Especially because my dialing sometimes fails due to coverage, and then the earpiece gets out of sync. Well, you know what I mean. Actually I could fix that with some failure code, because there is a parameter I can define for when the dialing fails and then I could have the hangup skip for one time.

I may reconfigure the FreeSpeak back to dumb mode. It's just too smart for me with the hangup/answer stuff I'm always doing things out of order or trying to switch from handsfree to handsfull and inevitably I'll hangup by accident.
    Do you have to have a Jabra Freespeak to use the "auto-dial with handsfree press" feature? I have a ear bud with a hangup button but it doesn't seem to work the same as you guys describe. It hangs up calls no problem but when pressing it with no call active (treo off or on) nothing happens.

Thanks.
  15.    #215  
    Originally posted by booya
    Do you have to have a Jabra Freespeak to use the "auto-dial with handsfree press" feature? I have a ear bud with a hangup button but it doesn't seem to work the same as you guys describe. It hangs up calls no problem but when pressing it with no call active (treo off or on) nothing happens.
    A wired handsfree should work fine. Though there could be some reasons why it isn't working. Try the 0.38 I put up yesterday. It has a couple of spurious screen turn on things I fixed, and also it checks whether you have handsfree auto-dial enabled as to whether phone service events should be registered. That's a work-around for some GSM problems we were having in this thread.

After changing "auto-ok dismiss" and "handsfree auto-dial" you should do a soft reset. That's because those two options require phone service events registered and I only do that during the reset.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    Try the 0.38 I put up yesterday. It has a couple of spurious screen turn on things I fixed, and also it checks whether you have handsfree auto-dial enabled as to whether phone service events should be registered. That's a work-around for some GSM problems we were having in this thread.
    It works like a charm!! Thanks. I have a Treo 300 though, and did try reseting before. Awesome program. Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Try the 0.38 I put up yesterday. It has a couple of spurious screen turn on things I fixed, and also it checks whether you have handsfree auto-dial enabled as to whether phone service events should be registered. That's a work-around for some GSM problems we were having in this thread.
    Tried it on my 270. Still not getting the lid open tone. I think I'll just disable that feature and move on (since I lost version .25 which was the last one where that worked ).

One comment on something I saw you post on another thread, potatoho. I realize that you wrote this to work around some issues you were having with the 300 networking and did the GSM stuff as an add-on. I hope you don't abandon TreoHelper when new 300 firmware comes out. It is one of the most useful utilities out there for the 270. Especially the auto-log-on stuff, which a lot of us had been looking for since GPRS was introduced last fall.

Keep up the good work!
  18.    #218  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    Tried it on my 270. Still not getting the lid open tone. I think I'll just disable that feature and move on (since I lost version .25 which was the last one where that worked ).
    I'm still waiting on a brain fart to fix that. The problem is that if I change the lid open test back to the one which worked on the 270, then the handsfree auto-dial won't work. I have to trace through the key events at lid open to see where the issue is, and the emulator doesn't help much because the skin doesn't have a lid.. and well, the OS sources are generic and don't have the Handspring extensions or code supporting a lid etc, so they are not of much help either.

I may have a test version in a day or two. I have to wait that long to see if it acts up on my device.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

The problem is that if I change the lid open test back to the one which worked on the 270, then the handsfree auto-dial won't work.
    FYI, with .38 neither the lid open sound nor the handsfree auto-dial work on my 270. The good news is that with handsfree auto-dial disabled, the regular handsfree button behavior works (it didn't before.)
  20.    #220  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    FYI, with .38 neither the lid open sound nor the handsfree auto-dial work on my 270. The good news is that with handsfree auto-dial disabled, the regular handsfree button behavior works (it didn't before.)
    Yeah but, isn't your device that weird one with the handsfree glitch? I'm still confused why your's has that problem.. we tracked it down to the busted PrvHwWismoHeadsetIntHandler call that was in the old GSM ROM. But your GPRS ROM should have good code for that. Dunno.

BTW when you say .38 doesn't auto-dial. It tries to right, but then it hangs up or something? I should have mentioned that the auto-dial requires phone service class events, which is the same thing we determined was causing your hangup problems before. So enabling/disabling auto-dial will require a soft reset etc.

I spent a lot of time recently messing with that function to try to get my FreeSpeak to auto-dial while the device is off, but in the end the problem was elsewhere.

Wish I could get ahold of your ROM to compare the routines. That's freaking me out since the version # you gave me before matches what should have a fixed routine.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast