Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Originally posted by BillFugina
    However I did figure something else out; the problem only happens when an alert comes in and the Treo is turned off. If the Treo is turned on, the volume stays loud.
    Do you have the lid open sound (i.e. Fun) enabled?
    I did not have the open lid sound turned on (no fun turned on), but I tried it and it doesn't make a difference.
  3.    #183  
    I'm pretty much stumped. Not sure even what to try. Maybe try flicking the mute switch back and forth, my old one used to get a little flaky, though I only check that switch when I begin playing the tone.

The reason I asked about the Fun sound was because I do an event dequeue/enqueue if that's enabled and I wondered if that might be causing it. But if it's not enabled, I don't do that. BTW is the lid open fun sound ok if you have it loud?

Anyone else have this problem on a 300? Symptoms as Bill describes, where if you set a loud SMS tone, it will only sound for the first second or so, and then go soft.
    I don't think the problem is something physical (like the switch) because it only happens with TreoHelper. I do believe that the problem could be a conflict with another program. I've deleted everything that I can think of that might conflict, but the problem persists. I'm on the road right now, but when I get home I'm going to do a hard reset and start with nothing other than TreoHelper. If that fixes the problem, I'll add things a little bit at a time and see what breaks it. I'll let you know what I find.
  5.    #185  
    Thanks Bill.
    I can't explain it, but everything is fine now. The only thing I have changed is my location.

I was in Raleigh, NC. The problem started as soon as I got there and disappeared as soon as I left.

I'm in St. Louis now and everything is fine. I won't be home in Dallas till tomorrow, but I expect (hope) that everything will be fine there as well.

Can you think of anything that could be affected by geographic location? I can't.
  7.    #187  
    I was going to ask about coverage issues. In the past with my flaky coverage I know that my sounds become pretty inconsistent. Sometimes they don't sound at all and sometimes I will hear just the tail end of a tone. But it happens even when I demo a tune too, so I didn't think that would be your prob. Who knows.

Actually my newer unit hasn't done that yet, though this has a stock antenna versus my older jerry-rigged one. Though I do sometimes get the feedback squeal.. strangely that is something which occurs in episodes where it will happen consistently and then it will not happen for several days. Oh well.
    Well, I'm back in Dallas and everything is working.

The problem I was having wasn't flaky or inconsistent at all. The problem always occured when TreoHelper was making a tone and the Treo was turned off. I could reproduce it over and over again. No other software caused this to happen no matter how many times I tried it. I reset the Treo and I deleted all kinds of other software that I thought might be conflicting, but nothing made a difference.

Eventually, the problem went away on its own as soon as I left Raleigh. Oddly enough, the problem started when I got there.

I can't imagine what in Raleigh was causing the problem, but it sure did seem that being there was the cause. I thought perhaps that the Time Zone difference might have done something, but I don't think the Treo knows what time zone I live in versus what time zone I'm currently in. Does it?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    FWIW, I noticed on a recent trip to California where I was roaming on the Cingular network (I am a T-Mobile subscriber in Boston), that I experienced a lot more crashes, freezes, and general oddities of behavior of my 270 while I was roaming that all disappeared when I returned to my home network. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, because for the most part, things worked OK when I was roaming-- I could make calls and get GPRS data just fine. I just noticed a much higher of flakiness though, including issues that I thought were caused by TreoHelper.
    Eventually, the problem went away on its own as soon as I left Raleigh. Oddly enough, the problem started when I got there.
    Well, here in Raleigh, the Cingular network and the AT&T network compete for your signal. It's weird because you can go from 4 bars of signal to no coverage in about 5 seconds and not be able to call. Then standing in the same place 30 seconds later have 2 or 3 bars of coverage and be able to make calls. Their networks don't seem to hand off coverage very well probably because they do not have a roaming/sharing agreement in this area.
    Rob
    Originally posted by rfg17
    FWIW, I noticed on a recent trip to California where I was roaming on the Cingular network (I am a T-Mobile subscriber in Boston), that I experienced a lot more crashes, freezes, and general oddities
    Originally posted by rmcalister
    Well, here in Raleigh, the Cingular network and the AT&T network compete for your signal.
    I should have mentioned it before, but I have a Treo300 and use Sprint.

Another thing I should have mentioned is that I have my Treo set to use Network time and it automatically pushed the time forward one hour when I turned it on in Raleigh and then it automatically brought the time back by one hour when I turned it on in St. Louis. Again, I don't know that this means anything, it's just the only thing that was different (the time zone).

I travel to Raleigh pretty often; if the same thing happens again next time I go there, I'll be convinced that the cause is geographic in genral. I don't know that I'll ever find a specifc cause.
    Potatoho, let me start by saying that this is the most useful app on my treo. Thanks a million. You made my purchase worthwhile. I am wondering if we can raise the treshold of SignalQuality() to 14 for the phone to reboot (teach me how to modify the codes so I don't bother you with subsequent releases). In certain rooms, the SignalQuality()is at 14, the status bars are gone, red blinking light, no incoming/outgoing calls, yet Treohelper does not reboot the phone. This happens to me in Singapore and Paris.

I own a 270 Firmware 53409gg.3, software v3.5.2H5.6 Product GPRS1.1. No other app than Wmodem, msnMg, msgforce. Treohelper on/off works. settings are off if no coverage in 1mn, max tries 8, every 2.

Thanks, GREAT APP.
  13.    #193  
    Originally posted by Olivier
    In certain rooms, the SignalQuality()is at 14, the status bars are gone, red blinking light, no incoming/outgoing calls, yet Treohelper does not reboot the phone. This happens to me in Singapore and Paris.
    It's not supposed to reboot the phone. You want it to reboot the whole device? Why?

Or are you referring to the "off if no coverage" thing. Is that working on your 270?
    The 1 mn setting is for "Phone off if no coverage in". It does not appear to work. When I am in this situation, I can only retreive coverage by turning off and on the phone. I was under the impression that Treohelper would shut off the phone and on again after 1mn. Reboot may not have been the right term, sorry.
  15.    #195  
    Originally posted by Olivier
    The 1 mn setting is for "Phone off if no coverage in". It does not appear to work. When I am in this situation, I can only retreive coverage by turning off and on the phone. I was under the impression that Treohelper would shut off the phone and on again after 1mn. Reboot may not have been the right term, sorry.
    Not aware of any problems with coverage shutoff, but I'm on a 300 and it works for me. So I'm thinking maybe the 270 uses different registrations states, so I've added some more in that case.

Give this one a try and see if it works..
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_32.zip

Originally I was using only registrationSearch state, but now I consider also registrationNone, registrationDenied, registrationUnknown as "coverage loss" states.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Originally posted by potatoho

Not aware of any problems with coverage shutoff, but I'm on a 300 and it works for me. So I'm thinking maybe the 270 uses different registrations states, so I've added some more in that case.

Give this one a try and see if it works..
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/wo...elper-0_32.zip

Originally I was using only registrationSearch state, but now I consider also registrationNone, registrationDenied, registrationUnknown as "coverage loss" states.
    I downloaded 0.32 earlier in the week to my 270 and have noticed the following problems:

- On two consecutive days it got into a state where it would get an x1120 error when trying to login to the network every time it tried to connect. The problem went away with a soft reset both days.

- This morning I found it hung trying to fetch TreoMail with a partial service connection dialog box still showing.

That's three resets in three days since I downloaded it. I have now rolled back to 0.30 and will report back if I continue to see these problems or not.
  17.    #197  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    - On two consecutive days it got into a state where it would get an x1120 error when trying to login to the network every time it tried to connect. The problem went away with a soft reset both days.

- This morning I found it hung trying to fetch TreoMail with a partial service connection dialog box still showing.
    The diff between 0.30 and 0.32 is essentially two changes. I moved the auto-ok error dismiss from a procalarm to a display alarm because I was getting some unexplained fatal errors on my 300 every few days which were linked to that. And secondly, the lid open test was changed slightly.

So let me see if I can narrow it down. Do you have the auto-ok enabled? Do you use the Fun lid open tone?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

So let me see if I can narrow it down. Do you have the auto-ok enabled? Do you use the Fun lid open tone?
    Auto-ok disabled. Lid open tone enabled.

The diff between 0.30 and 0.32 is essentially two changes. I moved the auto-ok error dismiss from a procalarm to a display alarm because I was getting some unexplained fatal errors on my 300 every few days which were linked to that. And secondly, the lid open test was changed slightly.

Another data point for you..

I (re)installed treohelper two days ago and have had no problems. I have auto-ok enabled and Fun lid open tone disabled. (The inverse of the other poster)
  20.    #200  
    Ok thanks. The lid open test is problematic, it's what I'll be working on.

You see, to determine when the lid is opened requires that I inspect the event list for a hsChrLidStatusChg character. I can determine the static state of the lid with a simple call, but to actually detect the *act* of opening the lid is amazingly hard.

I'll keep you posted.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast