1.    #1  
    I'm noticing that the Treo 300 is not vibrating when an alarm goes off. It was set to vibrate with the speaker both on and off before I installed it a couple of days ago. Now it pops up the alarm screen but l don't get the vibration in either speaker on or off mode. In general prefs the Treo is set to vibrate in both modes and the settings in prefs/ringer/tones are set to on. If I go back to Datebook+ and set an alarm there, and then move on to some other app besides Agendus, I am able to get the Treo to vibrate. But, working from Agendus, I lose the function. Does anyone have vibrations working with agendus on a Treo 300?
    Last edited by copernicus; 04/06/2003 at 12:31 AM.
    Mine doesn't vibrate either. In fact, if I try to set alarms my Treo 300 crashes. I've set it up for alarms for all meetings to avoid this, but I'm not getting a vibration, which doesn't help much since I keep sound off in the office.

Iambic said they were aware of the crash problem and would fix it with 6.02. This version is out now and it hasn't solved the problem.

BillZee
  3.    #3  
    Evidently the vibrations are a functionality that came about as a modification by Handspring of the Palm OS. My impression is that getting them to work with software other than the built-in Datebook+ is non-trivial. Since I consider the vibrations important, I switched from Agendus to DateBk5 which has a setting in preferences: "DateBk5 Handles Alarms." Unchecking this allows the built-in app to work normaly with alarms and vibes set within DateBk5. I haven't confirmed it; but, Agendus doesn't seem to have this option.
    Originally posted by copernicus
    Evidently the vibrations are a functionality that came about as a modification by Handspring of the Palm OS. My impression is that getting them to work with software other than the built-in Datebook+ is non-trivial. Since I consider the vibrations important, I switched from Agendus to DateBk5 which has a setting in preferences: "DateBk5 Handles Alarms." Unchecking this allows the built-in app to work normaly with alarms and vibes set within DateBk5. I haven't confirmed it; but, Agendus doesn't seem to have this option.
    Check out my Random Alarms prorgam at: <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/>. There is an option to vibrate when the alarm goes off. I use Agendus and the combination works quite well together. (You don't have to randomize the alarms to get the vibrate to work.)