1.    #1  
    My husband is considering a 270 through Cingular. Does anybody here use Cingular? How is the reception where you are? How is their customer support? Any issues? We are in North Carolina so if anybody is around the Charlotte area I would be greatly interested in your comments. Otherwise general 270 comments or Cingular comments would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Llynx
    My husband is considering a 270 through Cingular. Does anybody here use Cingular? How is the reception where you are? How is their customer support? Any issues? We are in North Carolina so if anybody is around the Charlotte area I would be greatly interested in your comments. Otherwise general 270 comments or Cingular comments would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
    One advantage of Cingular in Charlotte is that they have a better GSM implementation than other markets. You can get a SIM card that will work in any GSM phone.

This is not true in my market. While I can buy GSM phones and GAIT phones, I can not buy the GSM phones I prefer... the Ericsson T68i or the Treo 270. I have an excellent Ericsson T62u, which supports TDMA, Analog, and GSM. It supports GPRS, but the SIM chip and the network does not support the phone, yet.

Customer Service is very good. In the former BellSouth Wireless footprint, coverage is very good, especially

Best alternative to the TREO with Cingular may be the Treo with TMobile service if you want GSM.
    Originally posted by Smartphone Fan

This is not true in my market. While I can buy GSM phones and GAIT phones, I can not buy the GSM phones I prefer... the Ericsson T68i or the Treo 270. I have an excellent Ericsson T62u, which supports TDMA, Analog, and GSM. It supports GPRS, but the SIM chip and the network does not support the phone, yet.
    I've had cingular for years now. I've had a nokia 5190, 6190, 3390, 3590, a treo 180 and 270 and a Sony Ericsson t68i. The coverage is pretty good. It gets not so good when I go skiiing in the mountians of NC or in VA. There customer service is pretty good. Some of them are based out of Fayetteville. Cingular just gave me the unlock code for my t68i so when I take it overseas I can put a different sim card in it. The only thing I don't like is the still lack of GOOD US coverage (such as Virginia) and their GPRS pricing is too high. I would pay $20 a month for unlimited GPRS but they don't have any option like that.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270