1.    #1  
    A new version of TreoAlertMgr is available from www.pdaapps.com. For Treo300 users, this allows you to choose the alert tone from the ringtones you have downloaded on your device. It allso allows you to customize the "no-alert" time -- i.e. when you want TreoAlertMgr to not alert you.

As always this is a free upgrade for registrered users.

PDAapps
    Thanks for the heads up, y'all are on the ball! I'll be downloading my upgrade tonight. THanks.. I assume y'all listen to our pros and cons here on the board and thats what gives you some idea of what people want? Like making the ability to changing the tone.

Thanks again ,matt burkhard
    Originally posted by PDAapps
    A new version of TreoAlertMgr is available from www.pdaapps.com. For Treo300 users, this allows you to choose the alert tone from the ringtones you have downloaded on your device. It allso allows you to customize the "no-alert" time -- i.e. when you want TreoAlertMgr to not alert you.

As always this is a free upgrade for registrered users.

PDAapps
    I just this second downloaded the "latest verson", 3.5H (Isn't this the prior version?) on the PDAapps web site and I sure don't see where to choose the alert tone and customize the "no-alert" time.

(BTW PDAapps, it would be extremely helpful if you annotated the version number in the file name or provide a version history in the text file from within the ZIP)
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Maniac8888

I just this second downloaded the "latest verson", 3.5H (Isn't this the prior version?) on the PDAapps web site and I sure don't see where to choose the alert tone and customize the "no-alert" time.

(BTW PDAapps, it would be extremely helpful if you annotated the version number in the file name or provide a version history in the text file from within the ZIP)
    The latest version of TreoAlertMgr is v0.7 (which it says on the download page, and on the main form of the application). If you have a Treo300, and when your radio is on, you will see the alert tone configurator on the main form.

PDAapps
    Originally posted by PDAapps

The latest version of TreoAlertMgr is v0.7 (which it says on the download page, and on the main form of the application). If you have a Treo300, and when your radio is on, you will see the alert tone configurator on the main form.

PDAapps
    Well, don't I just feel like the village *****. It really does help to download the correct software (Treo300SMS just doesn't work for this application). Sorry for being so brain dead. Works like a charm.
    i hate to look at the glass as half full... but I tried the new version and decided to go back to the old one. for one main reason. yes I like the fact that I can customize the alert tone but I can only use the tones that came installed on the treo. and most if not all of the tone are "ringers" and if they are not "ringers" they are not loud enough to use as sms alerts. the "alert:" sound that was used in previous versions of t.a.l. is no longer available either. this tone is very useful for "reminder" tone. so I can't even download sms tones and use them with the new t.a.l. so i've decide to go back to old version. also I was hoping for "vibrate if turned to off" option. so it would automatically vibrate and I wouldn't have to manually check "vibrate" every time. all in all this is a great program and pdaapps is by far the top treo software developer. just had to put in my 2cents!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have to agree - I too miss the 'Alert' tone. Please bring it back! And while I'm asking for things, whay about extending the functionality to including 'nagging' about datebook and todo items (especially including vibrating for them!)??

Rotello
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Don't you guys have the "Beep Beep 1" tone to choose from ? This is the default tone (At least it always has been for me).
    I thought the defualt was the Alarm sound from DateBook+?
    I think that is what my TreoAlrtMgr does? I am downloading the new one now and will most likely use the "powerful" ring/tone.
    Matt Burkhard
    I read that some people had gotten DateBk5 to vibrate with alarms using this software but I was unable to succeed at this using the new version. I never saw the old one.
    When I loaded up the new 0.7 version, the alert time defaults from 8am to 6pm. I want to be alerted 24hrs a day, so I would assume I push the "all day" button. Yet when I, the alert time section still only shows 8am to 6pm. If I try to manually set the time, I can set it from 12am to 11:55pm. I assume I could miss something during that 5 minutes. Unlikely, but possible.

Why won't the "All Day" button work?
    I have mine set to "No Time" and it just keeps going and going and going ... LOL ...
    Now that is interesting. When I set mine to "No Time", it was like disabling the alert all together. No alert at all would come through. I thought that it was just another way to silence the unit. I've tried doing a soft reset but still no luck. That's really strange.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I had the same exact experience as RBMTS2000.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by procure
    I had the same exact experience as RBMTS2000.
    A ner version (0.75) of TreoAlertMgr is now available. The Palm Alarm sound has returned as a ringtone option (the last ringtone). There is an option to "vibrate only when silent". Some bugs with the "alert time" support have been fixed.

PDAapps
    Once again, thanks for listing to us!

HAD A QUESTION ON TREO300SMS.

Any plans for "canned answers", like "yes","no", Running late", "will call" and so on?

When you get a SMS and tap "reply" you get two bullets on the bottom "send" and "cancel" , can one be added, like "Quick Reply" and then a selection screen pull up (like when you select "new" from the main SMS area, you get a screen to select "Address by number", "Address by Email"ETC) with some canned answers to choose from?

Also, I had a question, when I tap "new" I can select one of the prevoiusly sent ones, (nice touch BTW) I think it holds the last 6 SMS, or I can tap "Address by Moblie", "Address by Email" and "Address by last neame lookup". All three seem to do the same thing? What are the differences? I didn't see any info in the "read me " file.
    Thanks<matt burkhard
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 04/17/2003 at 04:44 PM.
    So there I am, installing the newest version of TreoAlrtMgr and I'm like...Oh great, they left off the ringtone choice, must be a bug. So I check here, SURLY someone had installed this upgraded version and has the same issue...not responces.

So I check the "ring tone" under "pref" and there are non due to the "phone" being off....then it hit's me, oh yea, I have seen this here and it's probably the same with the TreoALrtMgr....SUre enough
    ERROR BEHIND THE HEADSET.....ROFLMAO

I feel like Homer Simpson DAHOOOO