1.    #1  
    What's the general concensus about the stability of desktops running the BC server software? My version that shipped with my Treo was very unstable. The upgraded version seems to be less unstable though I'm still having difficulties keeping it up and running for more than 24 hours.

It's irritating to have the host server at home lock up while I'm traveling and thus no email updates until I can get home and reboot the system. Anyone else see this? Any solutions?

TIA,

Bob Duckworth
    Originally posted by rduckwor
    What's the general concensus about the stability of desktops running the BC server software? My version that shipped with my Treo was very unstable. The upgraded version seems to be less unstable though I'm still having difficulties keeping it up and running for more than 24 hours.

It's irritating to have the host server at home lock up while I'm traveling and thus no email updates until I can get home and reboot the system. Anyone else see this? Any solutions?

TIA,

Bob Duckworth
    Mine's been running for weeks.
  3.    #3  
    Well, that's good news. I suppose it's time to start going thru the box under the desk to see what makes it so irritable.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    that exact issue is why I had to bail out from Business Connection, and run over to TreoMail. I haven't had ONE issue of lockup on the PC with TreoMail, and in my opinion, TreoMail's Palm client app is FAR superior to the BizConn one.
    I had to come to grips with not having instant push, but since TreoMail sends every 15 minutes, and it's rock solid, and the app on the device is much much better, I haven't looked back.
    Just my opinion....
  5.    #5  
    I really don't care about push as I just manually check my email whenever I get a chance so that's not an issue for me. Where do I find Treo Mail?

TIA,

Bob Duckworth
    Personally, I have SPCS BC running on my Treo and desktop pushing my email. I also have a rule set-up in my Outlook to forward all my office email to my SPCS email address and then have Snappermail set-up to poll my SPCS email account every 30 minutes and pull over to the Treo the forwarded email. The good part about this is that if an email has an attachment Snappermail combined with the Quickoffice suite allows me to read the attachment on the Treo.
    I use (for a few months now) Business Connect and have never had a problem or lockup (apart from needing to completely re-install when I upgraded to the current version).

What I really dig about it is remote, instaneos syncronization with Outlook on my office PC (in addition to the push functions, which work flawlessly). I also like that I can get to any file within the PC directory I have the program configured to.

All in all, it just works.
    To get TreoMail, you'll need to go to Handspring's web site. Note that it's not free, as are some mail clients (most notably Eudora).
    www.handspring.com
    here is a secret.

If you are running Atomic CLock's WORLD TIMER SEVRER (which pings every day to set your computer clock) for some reason I do not know, it will turn off your Business connection..

It took while to figure out why mine as turning off... when I disabled the attomic clock sync, it is ok for days or weeks or more!!
    I run Business Connect without any problem and agree with the positive statements posted above, especially the synching with my office Outlook to the Treo 300. The only problem is attachments. For that purpose, I run Basejet also on my treo. If I get an email through Business Connect with an attachment I want to see, I just switch over to my basejet mail and open the attachment.