Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I don't think there is anything you can do.

Are they sending you another replacement that's locked to your current carrier? Is your original (now broken) Treo locked, too? If not, I'd insist on an unlocked one as a replacement....
    They are sending me another one that will be here tommorrow. Hopefully an unlocked one or at least one for Cingular. My original (now broken) treo is unlocked.

Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    It might help those who are stuck with a locked unit.
    It's a waste of time posting unlock codes. The codes for unlocking are unique to each handset.
    GPRS 1.1.2 is also a Rogers version.

Those idiots in warehouse screw up in 30% of cases.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    It's a waste of time posting unlock codes. The codes for unlocking are unique to each handset.
    There are services available that will unlock your handset for a fee, by pressing *#06# on the keyboard of your mobile phone it will give you your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. You will need to provide this number to the unlocking service.

I do not know if the Treo is compatible with these services, but do a google search and you should have a start in the right direction.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I phoned Cingular to get the subsidy unlock for my wife's phone (not Treo) that we have had for 2 years and they told me that they no longer will unlock any of their phones as they have now got competitive international roaming rates ($1.29 per minute in western Europe for all calls in long distance)

I pushed hard and made a fuss but they told me that, even if they wanted to - they can no longer do it as the dept that did has gone.

That had earlier told me that the Treo I had had No unlock code entered - if that turns out not to be the case - I will be very upset.

Net Net - Caveat Emptor if you are looking to get a new phone from Cingular
    Purchased a T-Mobile locked Treo 180. Currently I am a Cingular user and recently switched to a GSM phone. While switching over to my Motorolo GSM 331 asked the tech to give me the unlock code for my Treo 180 giving her my IMAEI number(didn't tell her it was a T-Mobile). She gave it to me and it doesn't appear to work. Question: Are the unlock codes unique to the carrier? I tried it twice and get something like wrong code...and am concerned reading another thread mentioning that you only get three tries. Anyone know of a service to unlock this phone that I can use (US-Midwest) as I wouldn't mind paying to have it unlocked.
  9. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    they told me that they no longer will unlock any of their phones as they have now got competitive international roaming rates ($1.29 per minute in western Europe for all calls in long distance)
    Competititve? With what, other rip-off US carriers? A pre-paid SIM card, locally bought, should be significantly cheaper.
  10. jym
    I have had a Treo 270 since they first came out. My phone has broken several times and always received a replacement from HS vry quickly. The last phone came but had an error that my phone will not work with this SIM card.

I believe the phone is locked. I got a code from T-mobile for the phone but it does not work. I believe when HS asked for carrier and I told them VoiceStream (T-Mobile) they sent me the another carrier phone.

HS told me it was not their problem. Finally T-Mobile has agreed to send me a replacement phone. I am now concerned that the phone will be locked to T-Mobile. I use foriegn SIMS a lot. T-Mobile has let me unlock my phones in the past. Are Treo 270s sent from T-Mobile usually locked?

Thanks for any help,

-Jym-
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Having read through the posts here, it seems to me that what we really need is the Treo unlock software. Either Handspring has this or carriers. Can someone find out? My Treo is unlocked, because I bought it before HS and T-Mobile had a formal relationship. Btw, I noticed that ATT in the US is very strict about unlocking Ericsson T68is and generally won't do it.
    Just a thought regarding the original post.
    If you bought your 270 with a credit card and it didn't do what you were promised - then under mastercard or visa network rules, your card issuer is obliged to do a chargeback (i.e. not charge you and pass the charge back to the merchant).

They might require that you return your Treo - but at least you are not left with a useless item.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12