1.    #1  
    Was watching 24 (on fox), and the aid pulled out her treo and gave someone info with it. Looked like a 300 (color), thought it was kinda cool.

Just thinking outloud, Matt Burhard
    That and the fact that Amazon.com is selling the Treo 300 for $150 after two rebate of $200 and $150 means that they might just pickup a few new Treo owners. People love buying the trendy stuff they see on TV.

Mighty nice price I must say......
    A couple of weeks ago, two Treos Can't say which ones) made a cameo on the CBS series the District (a cop show).

And they were an intergral part of the show. One cop used his to send a picture to another cop who was also using a treo. Of course he sent it to him while they were still talking on the phone to each other and the picture came up almost instantanously (sp), but hey it is only television.

I wonder if Handspring gets SAG fees for this? :-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah, those were on both shows Treo 300s (I have a friend that works for Sprint who was the one that set up those inclusions on both shows and explained how to "pretend" to send the picture on The District - the show just used Splash Photo to do it, even though they were shown how to use Pixer to do it too).

Props to the Treo 300!

- Needles
    Okay, how cool/lame is this ... I have a Treo, and yesterday a close friend who watches "24" (but does not have a Treo) actually emailed me and said "Hey, did you see there was a Treo on 24?"

I hadn't seen the episode, but I was tickled that someone with but a tenuous connection to Treo not only noticed it in the show, but remembered to email me about it. I think the Little Treo That Could is gaining prominence and recognition.

Pleased as a clam (to quote Ed in "Rubin & Ed").
    I saw the 24 show and decided to get the Treo 300. I am a gadget dude and thought it was pretty cool. I love 24 by the way!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Not onlywas it a Treo on 24, it amazingly transformed itself into a tiny phone once the President's right-hand man held it up to his ear!

I remember telling my wife, when the aide first offered it to the guy, "watch how clumsy it'll look once he starts to talk on it" and, voila, it suddenly shrunk.

Love my Treo, though, and 24.

=NLK=
    Not onlywas it a Treo on 24, it amazingly transformed itself into a tiny phone once the President's right-hand man held it up to his ear!
    That's not what happened. Lynn had the Treo in her hand and pulled up the number she needed and displayed it for Mike to see. All Mike did was look at the number and dial it in to his own cell phone. He held his own smaller phone up to his ear to make the call.

If he had a Treo then Lynn could have beamed him the number or something fancy like that.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Could be, just was so intent on seeing how that big Treo looked next to Mike's ear that I zoned out on what happened in between. If so, sorry for the error and thanks.

I STILL say, though, that a magically morphing Treo (big when you need to surf the web/retrieve & send e-mail, small when you need to phone someone) would be the cat's pajamas (dating myself).

=NLK=
  10.    #10  
    ditto on zosomagnus observation, Matt Burkhard

:shortcut:
    Saw another Treo this week on 24. Michelle beamed satelite coordinates to Jack. Jack was using something that looked like a Thera.
    Leo Laporte on the screen savers showed his 300 on air when he was discussing how they were all waiting for a call from Megan Morone (or her husband) re: the birth or their child.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    this time she went to the bathroom and put the phone up to her ear. It did'nt look that bad against her ear. not too big. Any way I love "24" and I love my Treo!
    It was just used last night (Tuesday) on "Watching Ellie" on NBC. The guy was talking about all the kool features it had like GPS Navigation