1.    #1  
    Hey Gang --

I've been querying certain very helpful individuals (Thanks Kevin!) for info pertaining to "ways to navigate without tapping." We've come up with very limited success. Anyone have any ideas on how to do these things (hacks that you've tried)?

1) Effectively 'tapping' the screen-buttons via key-combo -- for instance, executing "details" in datebookplus day-view, or "appt/float/done" once in the details view...

2) selecting an appointment within datebook day-view to be edited.

3) "cursoring" from day-to-day within the week-view (instead of moving from week to week (a-la scroll keys))

I've looked at KeyCaps Hack, Treo Keyboard Utils, Double-quick hack (which comes *close*, allowing one to pick the *first* and *last* buttons on a given screen -- but it is buggy on my T90 unit).

Collective Wisdom? Bring it on guys!
    --Will
    Try OKey for selecting screen buttons with keyboard.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion awschwab!

I had a look, and it does address one of of the things on my interface 'wish' list (Though it is a bit cumbersome at times to have to keep hitting next, next, next, etc, at least it gets you there without having to pull out the stylus).

For the other items I'm still coming up empty. I'm beginning to think that the only recourse is to look into alternate applications altogether (calendar).

Anyone have experience with a calendar app that lets one (for instance) *cursor* through the days of a week view, and then press some button to enter 'edit' mode when the desired day is highlighted?

Just hoping... Believe it or not, I've really come to enjoy the interface of my cheap-o Sharp YO190. Blazing fast for data entry.

--W
    I downloaded this little program the other day, but can't seem to make it do what it suggests (guiding a mouse with a finger?) Would appreciate any help you might have about this contraption. One (among) other thing bugs me. I know I saw a place where I was told how much remaing memory I had left. When I started to go back and take another look it has disappeared. Completely. Need a nudge in the right direction...
    Originally posted by williapo
    Hey Gang --

I've been querying certain very helpful individuals (Thanks Kevin!) for info pertaining to "ways to navigate without tapping." We've come up with very limited success. Anyone have any ideas on how to do these things (hacks that you've tried)?

1) Effectively 'tapping' the screen-buttons via key-combo -- for instance, executing "details" in datebookplus day-view, or "appt/float/done" once in the details view...

2) selecting an appointment within datebook day-view to be edited.

3) "cursoring" from day-to-day within the week-view (instead of moving from week to week (a-la scroll keys))

I've looked at KeyCaps Hack, Treo Keyboard Utils, Double-quick hack (which comes *close*, allowing one to pick the *first* and *last* buttons on a given screen -- but it is buggy on my T90 unit).

Collective Wisdom? Bring it on guys!
    --Will
    Give TreoJogKeyShorts a go. It's only been tested on a 270, but the keyboard shortcuts should work on a 90. It will do #1, #2 but not #3 (yet) above.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...245#post218245
    You need 'OKey 1.1' at PalmGear.com