1.    #1  
    Help! Computer is Dead and Gone!

I have many, many programs, and quite a bit of data on my Treo 300. I have all the original disks and Outlook is up and running
    fine.

How do I safely get programs/data back on to my new computer before I someday have to do a hard reset? ie. 2banywhere, eudora, palmasutra, ringo, custom ring tones, custom phone list w/ assigned rings and photos,mid cast , spalsh photo w/photo datbase, Verichat etc Do I have to re-download the original programs? can I move/synch from the Treo 300 back to the computer with out losing information????

If any one has an easy to do this please fill me in...

Many thanks!
    Last edited by nasdq1; 03/31/2003 at 06:13 PM.
    i used the program 'filez', a freeware utility, to copy all my stuff onto my hard drive. i have had to reset and reload several times, and each time was back to where i started in a few minutes.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...D4&prodID=9992
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Just install Handspring's Palm desktop on your new computer and of course chapura pocketmirror for your outlook conduit. If data on your Treo is current, set hotsync manager to "handheld overwrites desktop." Make sure your Outlook (Chapura) sync settings are set accordingly. It may ask you for your handheld name during your first sync. All your programs and data will be backed up to your new computer. Good luck.
    All your programs are not backed up in a HotSync. Only those which have a file attribute called Backup are placed on your PC. About 30% f applications dont have this turned on for various reasons. You will usually have to re-install a few of the apps from scratch. The alternative is to use something like Backup Buddy once in a while to make a full backup and then use this to restore your files later. I dont like to leave Backup Buddy on all the time as I think it slows down the synch for everyday synching.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    All your programs are not backed up in a HotSync. Only those which have a file attribute called Backup are placed on your PC. About 30% f applications dont have this turned on for various reasons. You will usually have to re-install a few of the apps from scratch. The alternative is to use something like Backup Buddy once in a while to make a full backup and then use this to restore your files later. I dont like to leave Backup Buddy on all the time as I think it slows down the synch for everyday synching.

This application is very nice and I highly recommend it.