Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    HELLO
    I need help.
    I bought a TREO 90 2 days ago.
    It worked fine and this afternoon, while using it, the screen went black... can't see much of anything.
    Tried a HARD RESET, SOFT RESET.. nothing..
    Will call HANDSPRING in the morning.. it's SUNDAY.
    Anyone have this problem, I haven't even registered the thing yet.
    Thanks
    Grabbit
  2. AMB
    This problem was "eliminated" last fall. Search the forum and you'll see you're not alone. I went thru 3 Treo 90's before I got one that did not have this problem. Handspring just kept replacing them at no cost until I got one that worked.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=24630
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I called HS and there were NO questions asked, right away they took my info and are sending me 2 days from now a replacement for it..very nice on the phone, apologetic.... hope I dont' have any more problems, I sure LOVE that little thing, its so small and compact and works like a charm.

Grabbit (except for the bad backlight)
    I had the same problem within 2 weeks of getting mine. Handspring was great. They replaced it, no questions asked. They even forwarded it to me before I sent the Non-functioning one back so I would be less time without it. I can't complain on that end. I have been using my Treo everyday since then and I love it. I wish they were not discontinuing it, but it seems they are still be customer friendly with respect to the 90. I know you will enjoy your 90.............I will definately take a good look at any Treo 90 replacement, but I do hear that Handspring is getting out of the organizer business and into the communicator business. My only problem with that, and the reason I didn't get one of their communicators is that I have my wireless service with Verizon and none of their phones work with that service. I'm not willing to give up my cellular provider for the PDA.
    Michelle
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am very upset that they will not be replacing the 90 with something similar, it really is too bad. I love the 90, it's so CUTE... and little and the keyboard is fabulous.. I was not planning on carrying the thing around, but its' so light weight that it takes up no room. If they ever do replace the 90 with a newer model with some other features.. it would be nice if I could find a cable to use my cell phone so I could use AOL to get my email.. I wonder if there is a way to gt my email over the HOTSYNC...
    thanks
    grabbit
    I have a cable that I got from Supply net that I connect my Treo 90 to my Motorola T720....it works great. I have bought cables from them before and have been very satisified. If you want their website it is: http://www.thesupplynet.com/

They have cables for all types phones, and they run around $29 - $39. Good luck.
    Michelle
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    WOW, that is what I call SERVICE.. I called yesterday at 9 am cst, and I got the thing 24 hours later, today at 10:00 am cst... 24 hours after I called the replacement was here via airborne express... NOW, I am charging it, stay tuned.... after the 90 minute charge, we shall load it up, and see what happens... eh?
    Stay tuned...
    Grabbit