1.    #1  
    I just downloaded LauncherX from Palmgear and tried to install it on a Treo 300 (never installed it before). All Hacks are checked off. Upon clicking the LauncherX Icon I get the following message:

"Launcher X file browser is missing.
    Please instal the LXBrowser.prc file that comes with Launcher X."

It seems clear on Palmgear that I loaded the only Launcher X file available (the rest were skins??). The pdf files only mentions the one file I installed and nothing about the LXBrowser.prc file. There is no LXBrowser.prc file in the zip file.

Does anyone know what is going on? Thank you.

Also, I've read a lot of positive comments about Launcher X but, is it appropriate for the Treo 300? Thanks.
    Last edited by copernicus; 03/30/2003 at 08:42 PM.
    It's weird that it's missing that file. I even checked on http://www.launcherx.com and the download there doesn't have it there either.

You can email me and I'll send it to you, or if you download www.snappermail.com it is included in that package.
    LX is distributed as one PRC file that unpacks itself after a HotSync. There is an option to remove unused segments afterwards to save memory, however once this is selected LX cannot be beamed easily from device to device as one file.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Appleman and millerhifi for your help. I just did a google search for the missing filename and translated a german post from a person with the exact same problem. Though the automatic translation wasn't perfect, I was able to understand that the person deleted the file, installed it again and the second time it worked as described in the .pdf manual. As MillerHiFi described it should evidently unpack itself from the .prc file.

It's very odd that none of the other forum members seem to have encountered the problem though (I searched quite diligently). Anyway, I'll give it a try again tomorrow with a reinstall or try Snappermail. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Appleman
    It's weird that it's missing that file. I even checked on http://www.launcherx.com and the download there doesn't have it there either.

You can email me and I'll send it to you, or if you download www.snappermail.com it is included in that package.
  5.    #5  
    Well, I reinstalled the file and, lo and behold, it worked perfectly without the error message. I haven't used it yet, but Launcher X sure has an attractive interface. Thank you Germany!

A few days ago I installed X-Master and since then the Treo really has been "on steroids." However, I tried the OS5 version of the program OKey by mistake, deleted it, and then on each HotSync began receiving a message from Palm Desktop that the file could not be read on the device; and, thus could not be backed up. FileZ showed no file on the Treo.

-- Unable to transfer OKey to desktop (1)
    (Unable to create or retrieve file from organizer - memory may be full)

It took a couple of hours to resolve this so I decided to sleep well last night and install today rather than immediately getting into another problem.