Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Effective 3/30-4/26/03, Circuit City (SF Bay area ad) has the Treo 300 for $249 after rebate with new activation. Hurry in and tell your friends as well!
    Originally posted by ralerner
    Effective 3/30-4/26/03, Circuit City (SF Bay area ad) has the Treo 300 for $249 after rebate with new activation. Hurry in and tell your friends as well!

Unless CC does business differently than BestBuy (Feb 2003) .. I recommend telling the sales person that you are or will be making a new activation. It doesn't matter if you're a current Sprint customer. Activating your Treo is a "NEW" activation!

Best Buy ran the same sale in Feb .. the local stores ran out (limited to stock on hand). So if you want one .. I'd get there early.)

$149.99 at Amazon.
    The $200 is mail-in rebate through Sprint. It doesn't matter what you tell the Circuit City folks. You pay them $499, them mail in the rebate form. Sprint will check to make sure you activated the device with a new line of service.

We have the same deal at

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/produ..._id=18-004-002

Amazon is having their own additional $150 rebate (thru 4/9) which also requires activation of a new line of service. They are basically giving you their activation commission when they get it on this mail in rebate.

Dream Pages
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    The $200 is mail-in rebate through Sprint. It doesn't matter what you tell the Circuit City folks. You pay them $499, them mail in the rebate form. Sprint will check to make sure you activated the device with a new line of service.

Dream Pages
    You'll get no argument from me .. all I know is that when I purchased my Treo at Best Buy (in Feb) .. I got an instant discount of $200 .. so instead of paying $499 (plus tax) .. I paid $299 (plus tax).

I don't know what agreements Sprint has/had w/Best Buy (at the time).

But .. if you get the Treo @ $149 (eventually) .. thats basically $50 less than what I paid .. you just have to wait 8 weeks (my guess) to get your $?

Either way .. win:win, eh?

They say 8-12 weeks on the Sprint mail-in rebates. Amazon will wait until they get the activation commission from Sprint for the new line of service.

A lot of places pretty much stopped giving the big discounts/rebates up front since Sprint on pays the dealer for activations of new lines of service. If you buy the device and just replace and existing device with the same number, the dealer doesn't get any compensation from Sprint.

Kind of sucks. They should offer something for existing customers.

Larry