1.    #1  
    Okay, so I decided to finally upgrade my Treo 270 to handle GPRS. Well, I couldn't I got an error. Called Handspring and told them about the error. They transfered me to T-Mobile and told me to tell them that that I needed a new phone.

Several days later (today) I got the new phone (it looks new anyway). The Only visual difference is that the phone is now branded.

So, I synced the old one and then synced the new one (boy that took a while). Everything seemed to sync to the new one (i use backup buddy).

Eventhough I didn't get the upgrade to do GPRS (at least not right away), I was wondering if I can connect to GPRS with the $2.99 T-Zones Service that I currently pay for. It says I can do 1mb (?), can I use the 1mb with GPRS?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I also got one of these new T-Mo branded 270's. I don't have a cingular sim card right now but i was wondering if these are locked or unlocked?
    the $2.99 plan does not work for our Treos. It only allows access to WAP sites. You would need to sign up for the Internet plan which starts at $10 per month.

I don't know if the new T-mobile branded Treo 270 are simlocked but I know all previous Treos definitely not locked.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Distrachi
    the $2.99 plan does not work for our Treos. It only allows access to WAP sites. You would need to sign up for the Internet plan which starts at $10 per month.

Tahnx Distrashi. Guess I'll have to wait to use GPRS.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Actually, the $2.99 plan would work just fine if someone would write a decent Wap browser for the Palm! By decent, I mean one that has a configurable wap gateway, and uses port 9201 to communicate (the only port Wap over GPRS permits) Tzones Wap is very good, and T-Mobile integrated their site with MS Exchange, so you can use wap to access an exchange server! It's awesome on my T68i.

BTW, if you use a proxy server listening on port 9201, that will route your web requests to port 80 you CAN web browse... I have done it. You can also retrieve and send email doing the same thing! Now.. if someone would set up a Treo centric isp with a proxy server and pop/smtp gateways listening on port 9201.... anyone?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by z3bum
    Actually, the $2.99 plan would work just fine if someone would write a decent Wap browser for the Palm! By decent, I mean one that has a configurable wap gateway, and uses port 9201 to communicate (the only port Wap over GPRS permits) Tzones Wap is very good, and T-Mobile integrated their site with MS Exchange, so you can use wap to access an exchange server! It's awesome on my T68i.

BTW, if you use a proxy server listening on port 9201, that will route your web requests to port 80 you CAN web browse... I have done it. You can also retrieve and send email doing the same thing! Now.. if someone would set up a Treo centric isp with a proxy server and pop/smtp gateways listening on port 9201.... anyone?
    z3bum,

Good info. But until the above happens, I can't use it?

Arent there WAP browsers?
    Felipe