Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just came back from my local Sprint store and found out about a new Treo 300 promotion, starting on 3/30.... $200 off the $499 retail price. There is still a $35 activiation fee. The great thing... this is not a rebate, but a immediate price discount. I'm going to wait 2 days to purchase my Treo 3000... cant' wait. I hope this is true.
    Originally posted by keith55
    I just came back from my local Sprint store and found out about a new Treo 300 promotion, starting on 3/30.... $200 off the $499 retail price. There is still a $35 activiation fee. The great thing... this is not a rebate, but a immediate price discount. I'm going to wait 2 days to purchase my Treo 3000... cant' wait. I hope this is true.
    Appears to be the same deal that Best Buy offer'd back in February. Also (not sure if its still available) Sprint offered $50 rebate off new activations. So in total .. $250 off!

If you check online .. most other vendors are offering $100 discounts.
    Is this for new accounts only, or can I get this price on an existing account and number?
    Closeout, IMHO.
    I got it as an existing member with some hassles. See my previous post on this.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Closeout, IMHO.
    In preparation for what... the Samsung i500? I would rather have the Treo.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    In preparation for any of the literally dozens of smartphones just introduced at CeBit and CTIA, for example. Head on over to http://www.phonescoop.com and look at their CTIA coverage, for example - in particular, follow the Day 1 to Day 3 links and look at the photos.

Look closely.

Note the Sprint logos.

Phones come, phones go. As high-tech devices they have very short lifetimes (does one NEED to bring up the TREO 90 or TREO 180 here as PRIME examples?). It is not surprising at all that Sprint/HAND would be closing out the TREO 300 (that is, not making anymore and selling off what they've got left in stock).
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Look closely.

Note the Sprint logos.

Phones come, phones go. As high-tech devices they have very short lifetimes (does one NEED to bring up the TREO 90 or TREO 180 here as PRIME examples?). It is not surprising at all that Sprint/HAND would be closing out the TREO 300 (that is, not making anymore and selling off what they've got left in stock).
    This would effectively mean that Handspring is closing its relationship with Sprint, since it doesn't have any other product for Sprint,which it cannot afford to do. HS needs all the customers it can get. I don't see it happening.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    close 'em out and get new technology for all a lot of us care, as long as the price comes down. )

considering i've been walking around with a Visor Deluxe and a no-longer-available Sprint phone for a few years now because, quite frankly, the Treo 300 is out of my price range, despite being smack dab in the middle of my desire and envy range.

if discontinuing it and dumping it means the technology can be brought more readily to the masses, amen. it may be old for a lot of people, but it's completely new for most people.

peace,
    Tree
    > This would effectively mean that Handspring is closing its
    > relationship with Sprint, since it doesn't have any other product
    > for Sprint,which it cannot afford to do. HS needs all the
    > customers it can get...

True.

But perhaps more correctly:

== "This would effectively mean that Sprint is closing its
    == relationship with Handspring..."

> ...I don't see it happening.

Certainly Handspring would hang onto Sprint as long as it could - of that there is very little doubt.

But maybe, given what we see as far as Handspring's competition at Sprint now and soon, Sprint is prying open Handspring's fingers...
  11. jmw
    In preparation for any of the literally dozens of smartphones just introduced at CeBit and CTIA, for example. Head on over to http://www.phonescoop.com and look at their CTIA coverage, for example - in particular, follow the Day 1 to Day 3 links and look at the photos.

Look closely.

Note the Sprint logos.

I don't see anything on phonescoop that I'd even *consider* trading my treo for. First of all, not a single entry I saw had a keyboard.

Pretty much every Palm or PPC based phone that's come out since the treo, I'll pass on them. They are either too big or ugly, or have no keyboard, or both.
    Originally posted by scrinch
    Is this for new accounts only, or can I get this price on an existing account and number?
    I haven't got my rebate yet .. but I expect to.

I just upgraded an existing account. Kept the same number, but effectively opened a new service w/the Sprint Vision.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    and you were able to get the phone for that cheaper price, even though it indicates it's for new customers?

thanks,
    Tree
    Originally posted by Treesham
    and you were able to get the phone for that cheaper price, even though it indicates it's for new customers?

thanks,
    Tree
    As I mentioned in a previously .. I purchased my Treo in February at a Best Buy. Best Buy (not Sprint) was offering the $200 instant discount. As far as they were concerned .. I was a "new" customer .. as I hadn't purchased a Sprint-phone from "any" Best Buy.

As for the Sprint "new account" rebate. Since I essentially activated a "new" phone and onto a "new service plan" - I technically qualified - even though I kept the same number.

Look closely.

Note the Sprint logos.

Are any of them Palm OS with a built in keyboard? If not, it doesn't appeal as a smartphone for me.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor

As I mentioned in a previously .. I purchased my Treo in February at a Best Buy. Best Buy (not Sprint) was offering the $200 instant discount. As far as they were concerned .. I was a "new" customer .. as I hadn't purchased a Sprint-phone from "any" Best Buy.

As for the Sprint "new account" rebate. Since I essentially activated a "new" phone and onto a "new service plan" - I technically qualified - even though I kept the same number.
    did you have to anything special to keep the same number?

or just called sprint and told them you had a new phone, and they activated it as such?

sorry - these things are a bit new to me, since i've had the same phone for about 4,000 years... ;o)

peace, thanks,
    Tree
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The Hitachi G1000 has a keyboard....but its rumored to weigh over 10 oz...more than twice a Treo's weight.

May be a little heavy to operate with one hand.

Still....I'll be checking it out when it arrives.

Warren
    Warren C.
    Originally posted by Wchapman
    The Hitachi G1000 has a keyboard....but its rumored to weigh over 10 oz...more than twice a Treo's weight.

May be a little heavy to operate with one hand.

Still....I'll be checking it out when it arrives.

Warren
    Yeah but unfortunately the G1000 is a PPC! Thats a non-starter for me, its gotta be PalmOS! AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $other$ $PalmOs$ $smartphone$ $with$ $integrated$ $keypad$ $is$ $the$ $Tungsten$ $W$. $Unfortunatley$, $its$ $not$ $that$ $much$ $of$ $a$ $phone$ $at$ $all$ , and its GSM/GPRS! That makes current options nill for me. If HS disappoints this summer with their upgrade (I hope they don't), I think I may have to consider the T608+TG50 combo as a possibilty, but I am deeply antogonistic at the thought of going back to two devices . So I'll just wait...
    $149.99 at Amazon.

Anyone STILL not believe this is a Closeout Sale?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    $149.99 at Amazon.

Anyone STILL not believe this is a Closeout Sale?
    while that's a possibility, i'm gonna go with the reality of "new" electronics. when things first come out, they tend to be a bit higher than the average consumer can afford.

aside from rebates and discounts and such from Amazon, the Treo 300 really hasn't dropped much in price since it's debut. this might be that big drop in price that eventually happens.

additionally, it tends to bring it more in line price-wise with most of the other sprint pcs phones out there.

peace,
    Tree
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast