Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    $149.99 at Amazon.

Anyone STILL not believe this is a Closeout Sale?
    Doh! Maybe I should have waited another month, eh? Oh well, I was able to fenagel (?) getting a great deal and still not have to sign onto another year contract, so if HS has a super-secret new Sprint Treo coming out in a month, I can switch.

Any way you slice it, though, that's an excellent price for the Treo 300. Get the word out to all your friends.

Scott
    W.r.t. super secret products outta Handspring, I made another post somewhere on this site noting that Handspring had contracted with Airprime for a number of different radio modules that had "interesting" designations, though what they actually were for had been deleted from the contract when it was attached to one of the financial docs that Handspring submitted to the SEC.

Those names imply, to THIS radio-naive poster, that the Next Great Thing outta Handspring will be very high speed as far as data transfer is concerned.

Such a device would be useless at this time (or in your "in a month") since there are no carriers with super high speed capability (but Verizon DID run a higher-speed-than-usual test in Washington recently).

Late summer, I think, is probably optimistic.

(and at least one of the modules had a cost loosely associated with it, if my bad memory is correct, of $300 EACH - making whatever device it ultimately goes into uber-expensive, too, probably)
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    $149.99 at Amazon.

Note that requires new service activation. While almost impossible to read, both rebates note a new activation is required.

Cell phones are deeply discounted for new users. Just like a drug dealer, first one is cheap/free.
    Originally posted by Treesham

did you have to anything special to keep the same number?

or just called sprint and told them you had a new phone, and they activated it as such?

sorry - these things are a bit new to me, since i've had the same phone for about 4,000 years... ;o)

peace, thanks,
    Tree
    No apologies needed. I just called Sprint. Told them (or her as it was) that I had a new phone to activate. Asked them if I could retain my old number. Said it was NO problem - that was it!

One thing I have noticed .. if you call Sprint and have them activate your phone .. they tell you it'll take anywhere from a few hours to a full 24 hours before it actually is available.

But if you have your phone activated at a Sprint PC store .. it'll work as soon as you leave the place??

So .. if you can get a deal at a Sprint PC store vs .. Circuit City or Best Buy .. your Treo wll be working that much faster!

$149.99 at Amazon.

Whoa! Oh well, I've been happy using my treo the last couple months and I guess the little x-tra I paid for it is worth more than it would have been fo me to wait until now to get it . Huh? i think I confused myself with that reasoning?
    Or maybe...

Now that the Kyo 7135 really is "released" but not available in Verizon stores yet... they're trying to pick off a number of the folks who have grown tired of waiting for it.

(The latest reasonably believable rumor for that is that it'll be in Verizon stores by April 28th. You can get it now on the web, but likely at a higher price, etc., etc.)
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor

No apologies needed. I just called Sprint. Told them (or her as it was) that I had a new phone to activate. Asked them if I could retain my old number. Said it was NO problem - that was it!

One thing I have noticed .. if you call Sprint and have them activate your phone .. they tell you it'll take anywhere from a few hours to a full 24 hours before it actually is available.

But if you have your phone activated at a Sprint PC store .. it'll work as soon as you leave the place??

So .. if you can get a deal at a Sprint PC store vs .. Circuit City or Best Buy .. your Treo wll be working that much faster!

thanks amigo. i can't believe it's that simple. LOL

i just ordered from Amazon this morning for 149 bucks (after the rebates)...i wonder if i'll still get both rebates if i do what you said.

thanks, peace,
    Tree
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12