1.    #1  
    why isnt there a program for palm phones that when u run it you can see signal strengh like -80db and more info about the towers and such??
    there's gotta be a built in app with this info because the phone knows when 2 switch to another tower
    Go to the dial pad in the phone app.

Hit ##33284 (DEBUG), then the phone button....

you get a nice screen with all of the info you want.
    Thats great! Now if only someone would write a hack or something to make that page available with a keystroke or two. BTW, which part is referring to signal strength?
    The RSSI Value (top item in the list) appears to be one of the more changing values, and I think that's the signal strength.

- Mike
    RSSI = Received Signal Strength Indicator
    anyone know what the other items listed are?
    ... uh, so what does this stuff mean?

Thanks,
    --Mathew
    so mine says RSSI Value -101 is that good or bad ?
  9.    #9  
    I get -68 to-71
    I believe the RSSI value is measured in Db, so a big negative number is desirable, i.e. get as far from zero as possible. (I don't think I slept through all my physics classes).
    Sorry, you did sleep through your physics classes apparently...you want as small a negative number as possible.

-100 dBm is weak, -80 dBm is OK, -65 dBm is stronger.
    Originally posted by Brooose
    Go to the dial pad in the phone app.

Hit ##33284 (DEBUG), then the phone button....

you get a nice screen with all of the info you want.
    VERY COOL!! Thanx Brooose for the info! One thing though, for some reason the "##33284" doesn't work when I try to add it to a speed dial button? Do you have to add a specific sequence of pauses (,) to make it work? Thanks again...
    I don't think anything that starts with "##" is recognized as a phone number but rather as some sort of programming code. The address book, therefore, won't save them (that is just a guess).
    Thanks Broose for the info. Also btw, is there some list perhaps of all the pogramming codes that you can enter for the Treo besides ## 33284? I'm just curious as to any other possible useful codes you could enter? Thanks...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Another code is ##RUN (##786), gives you some other intersting info.