Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You guys probably have seen this, but C|Net is back with their annual phone bake-off, under the guise of the NCAA basketball tournament. The Treo300 faces off with the Kyocera7135. The gang over at the 7135 forums are rallying support for their device - we can't let 'em win!!

(feels like Cheers vs the Olde Towne Tavern thing - whose bar was that? Rudy or something like that?)

http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...0913407-1.html
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    gary's olde towne tavern....lol
    I am going to vote, that is for sure.
    count me in!!!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    We're losing big time:-(
    Since my 4-yr old cousin twisted the candy of her ringpop onto my treo antenna, I would assume that she liked it. Besides, she keeps yelling "Treo, treo, treo" when I tell her not to touch my treo......

Should I have her vote for it too?
    joe
    Voting statistics on this tourney may be inaccurate, in that....
    anyone can press the 'vote' button a hundred times, and a hundred votes will be tallied. hmmmm.
    Actually, the site appears to track who voted. I found that I couldn't get it to accept more than one vote from me. Perhaps their tracking IPs or sticking a cookie on my computer. Either way, there is some control be exercised.

Guess I need to hit all the computers in my office.

Geoffrey
    You're right. I stand corrected.
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    Actually, the site appears to track who voted. I found that I couldn't get it to accept more than one vote from me. Perhaps their tracking IPs or sticking a cookie on my computer. Either way, there is some control be exercised.

Guess I need to hit all the computers in my office.

Geoffrey
    Based on what you say, I won't be able to enter my cousin's vote without having to doing via another pc. Hmm.....maybe if I can get that page loaded up in xiino, i can get another vote in.
    joe
    We need your VOTE!
    Treo! Treo! Treo!

http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...1.html?tag=txt

You can also vote from two browsers such as E and Netscape since they store their cookies in different places. Hmm... next stop AOL, Blazer, Xiino, Eudora web...
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Originally posted by cfsully
    Treo! Treo! Treo!

http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...1.html?tag=txt

You can also vote from two browsers such as E and Netscape since they store their cookies in different places. Hmm... next stop AOL, Blazer, Xiino, Eudora web...
    That's right! It's time to load up the browsers, ppl. Just voted with xiino on my treo. Next stop....eudora web.
    joe
    I sense a bit of desperation here in Treo-land! (j/k )

I really enjoyed my Treo 300 for the 4 months I owned it... but it was just something to "hold me over" until the 7135 became available I just had to have expansion!

You know, in the real NCAA tournament when a team gets beat they often root for the team that beat them to go all the way... it helps with the "healing process" to feel that they were defeated by a very worthy adversary. So, in the event of a Kyocera victory, I hope that you will all throw your support behind the 7135 for the remainder of the tourney! Don't forget... this is also a battle of smartphones vs. dumbphones!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Rob, hope you didn't have to scribble that long message via graffiti thus scratching your precious 7135!!
    Robert, it seems that in real life the dark side sometimes is relative! First at SPS...now here! Well, at least your on the winning side!
    Originally posted by drw
    Rob, hope you didn't have to scribble that long message via graffiti thus scratching your precious 7135!!
    LOL! Nah... I was at the computer for that post But I have been watching the MD game and posting to SPS a bunch from the couch And... my graffiti area (and silkscreen) has never been touched directly by the stylus...... screen protectors were put on immediately after taking it out of the box
    Robert
    Originally posted by scrinch
    Robert, it seems that in real life the dark side sometimes is relative! First at SPS...now here! Well, at least your on the winning side!
    Yo scrinch! You're on all of the smartphone related forums too I see
    Robert
    Originally posted by Robert K
    Yo scrinch! You're on all of the smartphone related forums too I see
    Yeah. I originally intended to wait for the 7135 on Sprint, but shortly after you showed that the dark side wasn't so dark, I jumped on the Treo too. Good thing, because it looks like Sprint isn't changing its mind on the 7135. I really like the Treo keyboard, and I have a "shared minutes" plan with two lines on Sprint, so for now I am going to stick with Sprint and the Treo. I'm really looking forward to finding a multimedia, SDIO, thumboard device on Sprint, but it may be a long wait (not the Hitachi monster).
    Hey folks,

I'm with Robert K here - let's show the c|net guys that, while some of us would prefer a Treo 300 or even the S-E 800 over the Kyo, any smartphone is better than any dumbphone! With the combined strength of Treo + Kyo voters we could take the Kyo to the top, or at least the finals. Maybe then next year they'll have a separate category for smartphones alone. Maybe strong interest in any smartphone will get more vendors and carriers to support them better.

Ok, it's unlikely, but look - it can't hurt, and all it takes is a mouseclick.

First assignment: We need to help knock the Nextel out in today's (Monday) contest! Nextel users must just love that "walkie talkie" feature, they are outvoting the Samsung by 3:1, with voting rates greater than the total votes cast for the Kyo + Treo at this point!

I'm pretty certain the Kyo can beat the t68i in its next match, but after that, I'm not sure it can beat the Nextel. It looks like beating the Samsung would be a much easier deal.

And most of the Nextel voters seem to have voted and gone home - vote rates have fallen way off since 2 PM PT. Now if just a fourth of the people who voted for the Kyo + Treo in the first day, vote for the Samsung now... that'll take care of the Nextel's lead.

So whaddaya say? Click here, select the Samsung, and click "vote now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast