Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Kmode
    Hey folks,

I'm with Robert K here - let's show the c|net guys that, while some of us would prefer a Treo 300 or even the S-E 800 over the Kyo, any smartphone is better than any dumbphone! With the combined strength of Treo + Kyo voters we could take the Kyo to the top, or at least the finals. Maybe then next year they'll have a separate category for smartphones alone. Maybe strong interest in any smartphone will get more vendors and carriers to support them better.

Ok, it's unlikely, but look - it can't hurt, and all it takes is a mouseclick.
    I think that a victory by a smartphone is a victory for all of us who want to see smartphone technology continue to be advanced. I definitely would've continued trying to push the Treo to a win if it had beaten out the 7135. I think the Treo is a great smartphone... it's too bad they had to pit the Treo vs. the 7135 so early in the contest.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    I think that a victory by a smartphone is a victory for all of us who want to see smartphone technology continue to be advanced.
    I'm with you on this one. Let's get out there and support the 7135 on voting day(s)!
    I hope you meant that. The Kyo 7135 is in a very close battle with the Sony t68i today. In fact the Kyo was behind until just a few minutes ago.

C'mon, we can't let a Palm-powered CDMA smartphone lose to a "candy bar"! From all reports the t68i doesn't even work all that well as a phone!

Vote for Kyo 7135 here

In the other battle today (and tomorrow if they follow the pattern) the other smartphone in the tourney, the S-E P800, is just mopping the floor with the "circular keypad" Nokia 3650. That's fine, I would love to see two smartphones in the finals. I just wish they'd put the Treo in another "branch" so we could have had all four smartphones in the Final Four.

Vote for S-E P800 here

Some nice witty sports-jargon-filled "any smartphone over any dumbphone" comments wouldn't hurt either.
    After an initial strong start, voting for the 7135 is way down, while the slow but steady stream of votes from Sony-Ericsson fans (possibly from people at work in Sony and Ericssson offices in Japan and Europe!) is continuing and is eroding the Kyo's lead. If current rates hold through the night there will only be one smartphone left in the tourney. *sigh*

I wouldn't mind a loss to a great phone, but from accounts on the web the T68i is a purely mediocre performer - I was looking at buying one and pairing it with a Tungsten T, but several reports said its phone RF performance was terrible, and that they'd gotten Nokia 6310i's instead and gotten much better signal. As far as I can tell the only things the Sony brings to this contest are small size and flashy looks... just one thing, really.

As if any of this really mattered... But hey, it's just a mouse click, no registration, etc... if you have any inclination at all to join in this fun, the time is now! See previous post for links.
    Originally posted by Kmode

<snip>

I wouldn't mind a loss to a great phone, but from accounts on the web the T68i is a purely mediocre performer - I was looking at buying one and pairing it with a Tungsten T, but several reports said its phone RF performance was terrible, and that they'd gotten Nokia 6310i's instead and gotten much better signal. As far as I can tell the only things the Sony brings to this contest are small size and flashy looks... just one thing, really.

<snip>
    I have a T68i and I think it is an awesome phone. While it does lack in RF performance, it does have a POP3/IMAP4 client, Internet browser, MMS support, picture phone book, customized ring tones, etc. Of course it was designed to be a phone first. Of course I like my Treo300 better but it doesn't work in Europe/Asia.
    Ok, the last Palm-phone in the tourney won out against the T68i.

Now we need your help once more, against the Nextel i95cl. Nextel has shown very strong fan support in its last matchups and we will have a tough time beating them... but it's possible.

Vote for Kyocera 7135 here

On the other side the Nokia 3650, arguably a "smart phone", is going up against the "basic and small" LG VX4400. Let's vote for the smarter phone there too!

Vote for Nokia 3650 here

It would be great for all smartphones if the last round was one smartphone against another. Specifically PalmOS vs. Symbian. Of course I think we know how we'd all vote on that one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12