1.    #1  
    All,

I will be going to Europe (England for the bulk of the time with around 4 days in France) and wanted to know if my Treo 300 will work in either country. If so then what do I need to do.

If it will not work then what are the alternatives ?

Many thanks.
    I would like to know as well. My wife and I are going to the main continent of europe for a 2 week trip.

Thanks
    *** ------------ Insert Catchy Tagline Here ------------ ***
  3.    #3  
    Oh yeah....my plan is with Sprint.
    The Palm functions will work fine. All wireless functions (phone, SMS and internet) will be useless. Don't know if the charger is dual voltage, so a voltage converter might not be needed, but at least a plug adaptor will be.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    The Palm functions will work fine. All wireless functions (phone, SMS and internet) will be useless. Don't know if the charger is dual voltage, so a voltage converter might not be needed, but at least a plug adaptor will be.
    You'll need a plug adaptor for each place, one for the continent and one for England.
  6.    #6  
    Figured I'd take my car adaptor over and recharge that way..since we'll be doing a lot of driving.

My searching the archives it looks like the 270 and 180 both work in Europe but KRamsauer states that 300 will not. Why is that ?

Of course the palm functions will work even on the moon :-) for as long as the battery last.
    The 300 works on the CDMA network which does not exist in Europe or most of the world for that matter.
    The treo 180/270's operate on the GSM networks which is used almost everywhere in the world.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My Treo 270 worked like a champ in europe... I was in Paris, Geneva and Swiss Alps. That said, I ran up a bill that will probably be $200! Roaming is very expensive with T-Mobile... IMHO it should be cheaper to roam so as to encourage the use of GSM and GPRS!
    Read here for a Treo FAQ dealing with using Treo in other countries. Click on link below.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1498

Be advised it's alot to read. Only because its very hard to explain everything. Example: Making voice calls, access the internet and sending emails etc.(data calls), using current cell phone carrier or prepaid sim card. Things like that. But the above link tells it all.

But for davetati question, your Treo 300 will only have pda capablities since as a phone it's on a CDMA network which is used mainly in the states and some other countries like Japan and S. America. Click on below link to see all the countries that offer CDMA.
    http://www.gsmcoverage.co.uk/coverage.html

Good news is at least you could use your Treo in the Carribean. They offer CDMA in that area. Bad for me though.
    Last edited by ronaldwright; 03/25/2003 at 03:33 PM.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com