1.    #1  
    I just purchased the Treo 300 from Sprint and use biz connection to have office emails pushed from my desktop to the handheld. The Treo won't open any attachments. Are there any solutions?
    If you require attachment support for Outlook, the only one I know of (and have tried) is Inbox To Go from Dataviz. Again, there are a number of attachment solutions out there, but if it's Outlook attachments you seek, you're limited.
    www.dataviz.com

I personally use TreoMail - I gave Business Connection the boot and never looked back. And I've tried just about all the mail redirector programs.

Oh - Aileron by Corsoft, I think, has attachment support for Outlook (tried that one waaay back in my 6035 days.

There's a number of threads on mail clients - cruise around and you'll find 'em...
  3.    #3  
    Can you open attachments on the Treo 300 with Treomail?
    Nope, but the way I use my Treo when traveling, for the most part, doesn't require that I have attachments available to me. I use an attachment viewing service called 'PrinterOn' - www.printeron.net - which allows me to fwd certain attachments back to myself. That service also allows me to send the attachments to a fax machine if I need hard copy. Both of those are pretty useful when traveling. And not a big load on the handheld - that was my issue with Inbox To Go - loaded up a bunch of junk on my device.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Try BaseJet (http://www.basejet.com). They are still in Beta, but their client does support native attachment support for most popular file types.
    SnapperMail has the best attachment support for Treos.

Unlike the rest it is NOT a service. It's simply an email client that brings down your messages and attachments and hands them off to other apps to open.

SM supports the broadest range of attachments in native format - you can beam it to the laptop and vice versa if you need to.

See http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/specs.cfm for a list of attachments that SM supports with the aid of 3rd party software. (JPG and Zip come bundled for free)

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    I <think> the guy needed attachment support from within an Outlook mail redirector, a la Basejet, Inbox To Go or the like.
    Based on what I've read about SM, it doesn't yet support Outlook redirecting, right? Just checking, and I'll certainly give it a go once/if it does...
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I <think> the guy needed attachment support from within an Outlook mail redirector, a la Basejet, Inbox To Go or the like.
    Based on what I've read about SM, it doesn't yet support Outlook redirecting, right? Just checking, and I'll certainly give it a go once/if it does...
    Oh yeah, I missed that.

All of our users configure Outlook to leave mail on the server for 1 or 2 days to provide a window of opportunity for Snapper to fetch the same mail. They also set up outgoing SnapperMail messages to "always BCC" to a separate address and set up Outlook to filter them into the sent folder.

The result is more reliable and faster than a desktop link.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

That SnapperMail option doesn't work if your company Outlook e-mail doesn't allow POP3 or IMAP. This is why I have to use a redirector, BC in my case.

When I need an attachement, I just forward it to my POP3 client, which supports attachments. (Aileron, not SnapperMail.)

Geoffrey
  10.    #10  
    Thanks. I am looking for something that can receive mail and open attachments from my firm's Outlook, not a POP 3. Can Aileron do that? Has anyone had success with basejet?
    I hadn't even thought of it, but Aileron does have a corporate desktop redirector option. Contact them at www.corsoft.net. Maybe the attachment feature works then also.

Geoffrey
    If anyone needs a POP3 redirector this link is handy:
    http://www.chimera.co.nz

Works with corporate exchange etc...

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

Inbox To Go works with Outlook, on a redirecting basis. It can retrieve attachments wirelessly, which is neat. Try a demo, and see what you think.
    (for my specific needs, it didn't really fit, but it might for you...)
    I just wanted to add that Inbox to Go only handles attachements if you're using Documents to Go.

Geoffrey
  15.    #15  
    Inbox to go + Docs to go seemed too big and clumsy for my needs and Treo's capabilities. I tried basejet today, after getting past some problems configuring my firm's outlook server to let me connect to basejet. So far, so good. It opens word attachments easily. When I tapped a hyperlink in an email, it launched Blazer and went to the site. Phone numbers in emails can also be tapped for automatic dialing.