1.    #1  
    I just bought a Treo 300 on Friday, and I'm having problems receiving SMS that are sent from other Sprint phones or via Sprint's web site at:

https://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/s/messaging.do

and picking the "A PCS Short Mail message".

The problem i have is that messages sent this way show up twice, and look like they're encoded or corrupted. Every message starts out with:

//WDAAMHGVAB

and the 2nd message of each pair I get end in a '='

Mail sent to me at NXXNNNNNNN@messaging.sprintpcs.com, or pages sent from:

https://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/s/messaging.do

and picking "A One-Way message" come thru ok.

Any idea what's going on? Is my phone mis-provisioned? Is this feature not
    supported on the Treo 300?

Thanks!

-j
    Not supported on the Treo. You need to go to www.pdaapps.com and get the Treo SMS program. That will allow shortmail to work on the Treo. SMS is not something Sprint built into the Treo.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by howensby
    Not supported on the Treo. You need to go to www.pdaapps.com and get the Treo SMS program. That will allow shortmail to work on the Treo. SMS is not something Sprint built into the Treo.
    Ok. I got the TreoSMS program, and it doesn't seem to help. SMS messages are still garbled.

Any ideas?

-j
  4.    #4  
    Here's how one Short Mail that was sent to me ends up looking in the SMS app. It comes as 2 messages:

Message 1:

//WDAAMHsSABLgFgABALC4FzI3n7C2Mrk6Hro5OrKAANEANQBCgoGptDe5OhAmsLS2AAMBgAWAg=

Message 2:

//WDAAMHsSABOAGwABABChCK6AAx6CgQEBwPUIQUPKNDo6OB0Xl7m2u7YXOrGXObg5NLc6ODG5lzG3tp
    e5trYXu4
    Originally posted by jeffw

<snip>

Any ideas?

-j
    Yea, it's a provisioning problem. Call Sprint.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Maniac8888

Yea, it's a provisioning problem. Call Sprint.
    Cool. Any idea which department?

-j