1.    #1  
    ive been trying to use xiino all day and can't seem to get thru. is it just me or is is a wide spread problem? Also their website seems to be down as well...
    I often have problems with the image proxy server for Xiino.

Try turning image download off and see if that makes a difference. (Go to the Options>Prefs dialog. Select the arrow down to go to page 2 and change "load images' to 'when requested'.

I have gotten to the point where I leave images off for the most part because of this problem.
  3.    #3  
    This thing aint working at all... seems funny how it worked just fine under the trial mode, and now it wont download a single page. Blazer still works though. Xiino seems to try to go to the webstire, but just sits there while the status bar says "recieving"... So Im asking if anyone else is using Xiino, and if so, does your copy still work?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    I've had this problem for the last 3 weekends, sporadically between Friday night and Sunday night. No replies to the emails I sent them. It's very frustrating, but Xiino works fine for me if I disable images.
    One thing I've noticed is that whenever Xiino's image proxy is down, their homepage is also down. Hopefully this is all related to a new version of the browser. Does anyone know what, if anything, the new versions on their Japanese site have that we don't?
  5.    #5  
    even with images turned off, im not getting anything.... I want my $25 back.
    I'm also unable to connect right now.
    I've used Xiino for months and it is a great browser! They might be doing updates to their servers. Give them a chance before you jump to conclusions and just want you money back!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  7.    #7  
    OK... I'll wait. But I just though that it was wierd that the whole time on the 30 day trial, I hadn't had a problem at all, and now I run into issues.... I thought it might have been just me...
  8.    #8  
    Ok I have the same condition that you guys have been having. I can get text ok but no dice on. grabbing images...
    It seems to be working fine today! And I have my prefs set to always load images.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    It is weekend again and Xiino not working just like last weekend. How can someone charge you $30 for something that does not work for weekends? Is it just an anti-war protest, or Xiino has to shutdown its proxy server every weekend for maintenance?
    Originally posted by Fixup
    It is weekend again and Xiino not working just like last weekend. How can someone charge you $30 for something that does not work for weekends? Is it just an anti-war protest, or Xiino has to shutdown its proxy server every weekend for maintenance?
    More than likely the image proxy goes down and there isn't anyone there to reboot it on the weekends...
    I have had this problem with Xiino only the past couple of weekends. I agree it's annoying, but since it's only a recent (as far as I can tell) development, it doesn't bother me that much. I forgot how much faster turning off the images can make page loading.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    I forgot how much faster turning off the images can make page loading.

Geoffrey
    Actually Xiino is always very fast even turning on images. Is there anything special about Xiino proxy server, or any proxy server will do? As Xiino charges the browser only, not their proxy server usage, why not they give the server binary code for free? Then we can have our own proxy servers and things should go even much faster!
    I'm not saying Xiino isn't fast when loading images, it's just faster without.

I don't know anything about the Xiino proxy server, but suspect they wouldn't want to release the code since that might make it possible for others to make their own browsers that work with them.

I would love to have a proxy server closer than Japan.

Geoffrey
    I'm not saying Xiino isn't fast when loading images, it's just faster without.
    Hmmm, then that should make it about as fast as EudoraWeb.
    Originally posted by copernicus

Hmmm, then that should make it about as fast as EudoraWeb.
    It is actually faster, or better, than EudoraWeb. If you click the "go back" arrow, Xiino takes no time to show the page, while EW (Blazer too) has to render the whole page again. I love Xiino to death and I, like gmaugham, only wish the proxy server is not so far away in Japan.
    Originally posted by Fixup

It is actually faster, or better, than EudoraWeb. If you click the "go back" arrow, Xiino takes no time to show the page, while EW (Blazer too) has to render the whole page again. I love Xiino to death and I, like gmaugham, only wish the proxy server is not so far away in Japan.
    Yes, you are right. I had almost forgotton about the re-rendering of the whole page. EW at least bookmarks your position where Blazer just seems to go to the top of the page each time. It seems that should have been fixed in Blazer somewhere along the line. Well, when I first saw Xiino, I thought my life had changed, I was stunned. Then came Eudora which, with no graphics, seemed to nudge Xiino out by a hair (in speed). Though I kept Xiino, I used Eudora more and more. Now, for reasons expressed in this thread, I think it may be time to go back to Xiino. I had the feeling all along...
    Last edited by copernicus; 03/31/2003 at 10:45 PM.
    Well, I configured Xiino not to load images and am not sure if anything else can be done, but for sheer speed, EudoraWeb seems faster to me.