1.    #1  
    ISSUE: You make a call with the Treo 300 using the handy quick dial buttons. Once connected to the called party, you are prompted to press a dialing digit for voice mail, extension dialing etc. Problem is that you are still on the quick button screen and need to access the dial pad by pressing the little, tiny dial pad button at the bottom of the screen. Hard to do if driving (I know, it is dangerous to drive and talk and rarely do it) or otherwise occupied. Solutions?
    You can just use the embedded numeric keypad. While in a call, they are active, so you don't have to press the blue function button.

Geoffrey
    Here's something that really annoys me - I often use the speaker phone to check voice mail. After hitting the speed dial button for my voicemail (office mail not SPCS), I then hit speakerphone, then switch to the number key pad on screen to punch in mail box and pin, etc. But the jog to raise and lower volume does not work when on the keypad screen. So if too loud or too low, I have to switch back to the "call progress" screen, change the volume, and then switch back. Drives me nuts! Is there a fix?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    As gmaugham says, no need to switch to the keypad screen. When you're on the Active Call screen, the embedded keypad is active...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    An even easier idea is to program your box, pin number, etc. into the speed dial. You can use commas to force a delay of a few seconds between dialing the number, dialing the box, dialing the pin number, etc.

Something like
    would dial the number first, pause for a while, then dial 123, then pause for a short while, then dial 456.
    Originally posted by KKenna
    As gmaugham says, no need to switch to the keypad screen. When you're on the Active Call screen, the embedded keypad is active...
    I know that. But I find the keypad screen easier to use and for the over 45 folks, easier - no, much easier - to read!
    I need the keypad sceen sometimes because I need either the # or * key. Otherwise I use the keypad.
    Facci -

The pound and star blue keys also are active when in a call, just like the other number keys...
    I agree with the original poster - I often have to use the keyboard screen to spell out names of folks I am leaving voice mail for... it can be very cumbersome!
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dougef

I know that. But I find the keypad screen easier to use and for the over 45 folks, easier - no, much easier - to read!
    If you hit the phonebook button it will go to the phone pad screen too. You don't need to hit the TINY box on the screen itself.

:shortcut: