1. DYB
    Has anyone else faced problems using their Treo 270 after applying the gprs upgrade? Essentially my phone is unusable 50% of the time....

Some of the problems Iíve encountered:

-Systematically when I receive a calls either they can't hear me, I can't hear them, or both. Sometimes it simply disconnects.

-Half the time when I dial a call nothing happens....the screen appears to be dialing but I don't hear anything, then it's disconnected.

Interesting thing is that these problems occur irrespective of whether I have a ďbigĒ or a ďsmallĒ triangle. Clearly, the gprs connection lapses after a fairly short period of non use, but thatís insignificant compared to not being able to use the phone!

As I see it:

a) No GPRS = canít use phone or web simutanesouly / slow web connection
    b) GPRS = canít use phone / somewhat faster web connection

I much prefer b).

HELP!!!!!
    Originally posted by DYB
    a) No GPRS = can?t use phone or web simutanesouly / slow web connection
    Just so you are aware, with GPRS, you can't use phone and web simultaneously anyway.

In regards to your problem, you could try and re-apply the upgrade. If that is unsuccessful, you could always call Handspring. Some units just didn't take the upgrade well and required replacement.
    Originally posted by Appleman

Just so you are aware, with GPRS, you can't use phone and web simultaneously anyway.
    Ummm - no.

http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice/wix_info

Sure you can only have one app open at a time but the GPRS remains connected during calls
    Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. You can have the GPRS connected, but you can't be actively sending/receiving data while on a voice call.