Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    anyone have any tips for how to move the cursor around in a text field (e.g. memo) without "going to the stylus"? looking for somthing analagous to the up-down-left-right inverted T buttons on most computer keyboards.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by thatwebguy
    anyone have any tips for how to move the cursor around in a text field (e.g. memo) without "going to the stylus"? looking for somthing analagous to the up-down-left-right inverted T buttons on most computer keyboards.
    Yes. Use TreoKeyboardUtils
  3. #3  
    press and hold blue key + up/down buttons will move the cursor around.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by Tekawiz
    press and hold blue key + up/down buttons will move the cursor around.
    Right, but TreoKeyboardUtils will emulate line-up and line-down as well as field-up and field-down. Additionally you can select text without using your stylus, which kicks ****.
  5. #5  
    is TreoKey*UTIL* a third party deal, or does it come as OE? Can you explain more, I am kina lost on this subjuect. I knew about the blue+up and down, but that was it. Thanks, Matt Burkhard
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Right, but TreoKeyboardUtils will emulate line-up and line-down as well as field-up and field-down. Additionally you can select text without using your stylus, which kicks ****.
    Can you post a link because i can't find it anywhere
    thx!
  7. #7  
    Treo keyboard utils can be found here. If you try that, make sure you check out KeyCapsHack, which makes the keyboard a lot easier to use. You will also need something like X-master to make these hacks work. If you are new to hacks, be careful, and install and test them one at a time: a significant fraction of problems people have with software can be traced to hacks that don't get along with one another, or with certain software. However, these two add so much to the Treo keyboard that I can do without anything incompatible with them.

    I hope people don't mind my stating this again, as a search of this forum will turn up this info (and more) on which hacks are of particular value. Opinions vary.
  8. #8  
    Treo keyboard utils can be found here. If you try that, make sure you check out KeyCapsHack, which makes the keyboard a lot easier to use. You will also need something like X-master to make these hacks work. If you are new to hacks, be careful, and install and test them one at a time: a significant fraction of problems people have with software can be traced to hacks that don't get along with one another, or with certain software. However, these two add so much to the Treo keyboard that I can do without anything incompatible with them.

    I hope people don't mind my stating this again, as a search of this forum will turn up this info (and more) on which hacks are of particular value. Opinions vary.

Posting Permissions