1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just bought a new Sprint PCS Handspring Treo ($200 after rebates and credits). I used to be on the T-mobile network with the Sidekick. I switched basically because I needed better coverage and also more phone minutes along with unlimited data.

Basically, my observations of the Treo300 as compared to the sidekick is that the sidekick is much more intuitive and user firendly. The layout of the keyboard is more natural and the application integration is better. For example, if I have an address set for a contact, when I click and hold the address, I get the option of searching for the address on yahoo maps. Another thing is I can have multiple e-mail addresses for a contact and be able to send an email to them through the address book. Also, when you type an email address in the email program, it fills in the rest if the address is in u're address book.

Basically, these features all boil down to integration between the Email application, Web browser, and Phone Book/Contacts. I was wondering if there are any apps for the treo that can give this same integration. Here are some other good features that the treo needs:

individual ringers for each contact
    multiple addresses, emails for each contact

Also, I am looking for an application that can give me a "Today" feature where I can see my calendar, to-do list and email all on one screen. Is there anything available?

Thanx

Neil
    Originally posted by wolfbeast

For example, if I have an address set for a contact, when I click and hold the address, I get the option of searching for the address on yahoo maps.

individual ringers for each contact

Thanx

Neil
    don't know about all your questions, but tcringer will give you different (and polyphonic) ringtones for each individual. then you just need a bunch of ringtones, available at various sites (shameless plug-mine are available one at a time here at treocentral or in sets at palmgear, handango)

directory assistant will let you look up an address like the white and yellow pages, then just click to bring up a mapquest map.

look around this board and the software/utility discussion for lots more cool stuff. once you customize it, i think you will find that the treo does more than any phone out there.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    more importantly, how did you get the Treo for 200 bucks?? )
    yeah, the same question ocurred to me but i don't need another one... the price i pay for being hot for the treo last summer...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  5.    #5  
    sprint pcs store matched amazon.com for $300...

there's a mail in rebate for $50 and an instant service credit of $50...

i got lucky

Neil