1.    #1  
    Does anybody know the MSN website address for accesssing a hotmail acct on Treo 300?
    hotmail seems problematic in blazer

I user 2banywhere to get my hotmail account - the interface is much nicer than any web interface could be
    using the "Search" function, I found info on this, You can use blazer. Go to their unadvertised PDA version
    http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx
    works great. Good luck, matt burkhard
    here's the thread that the "search" pulled up
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...oto=nextoldest
    I access my hotmail from my treo 300 everyday. I also have it send me sms messages when I get a new email. It's great. Now if only I could get it sign me in automatically.

Here's the URL:

http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

There may be some extra set up you have to do.

I just checked another hotmail account (diff login and pass) and it worked fine.

I have friends that check their hotmail on my phone when we're on the go. They have new respect for my "nerd-o" phone as they like to call it.
    Heh heh.

Jeff
    have you figured out how to auto sign in on hotmail yet? what a pain.
    nope. I check the "auto login" box, but it only remembers me if I go back to that url soon after visiting. If I try hours later it will not auto log me in.
    Carbon,
    Can you tell me how you get set up to be automatically messaged when you get a hotmail message plse? You mentioned SMS advises you. I have never tried to set up to receive SMS messages but have seen many threads on this subject on this board. Is it a thrash?
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    Carbon,
    Can you tell me how you get set up to be automatically messaged when you get a hotmail message plse? You mentioned SMS advises you. I have never tried to set up to receive SMS messages but have seen many threads on this subject on this board. Is it a thrash?
    I have no idea what "Is it a thrash?" means. However, as far as getting notifications goes:
    get online (on your computer). login to your hotmail account and click on "options" (its right after the "home""inbox""compose""contacts" tabs).
    Clicks "alerts" on the next page. Now check "Notify me of each new e-mail message I receive."

Now on that page you will have to go to the "msn mobile page" link (if you haven't set up your phone number in there)

on the next page click "my device"
    and then click "change my device information". now you'll see where you will put in your phone number to recieve sms messages (at the bottom).

That should be it.

Good luck,
    Jeff
    I've found that EudoraWeb can sign into Hotmail using the normal interface.
    yup. You're right. When I bookmark http://mobile.msn.com it has the hotmail link visible which Blazer does not. What's more is that after clicking the hotmail link it auto logs me in which is nice. Thanks for the tip.

Jeff
    How about using Eudora to delete hotmail mail? I use to use Eudora for Hotmail, but I could never get it to delete the mail I wanted to delete, so I use Blazer and it's in color with icons too.

Let me know if I missed something about the Eudora and deleting hotmail mail.
    Thanks, Matt Burkhard
    Jeff,
    I just followed your instructions as to how to configure for SMS alerts ftrom HOtmail . Question. Does this cost me anything? Does SPrinT charge me for these SMS messaGES?MY EMAIL IS JFSCARS48 @AOL.COM

jOHN s.
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    Jeff,
    I just followed your instructions as to how to configure for SMS alerts ftrom HOtmail . Question. Does this cost me anything? Does SPrinT charge me for these SMS messaGES?MY EMAIL IS JFSCARS48 @AOL.COM

jOHN s.
    Hmmm. I dunno John. I'll have to check later on if I remember. Let me know if you find out sooner. BTW- hotmail will send you a good amount of sms messages with your free account, but if you start getting a lot (I do for ebay) if will let you know that you need to upgrade to get more. Which I did.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I went through the drill as you instructed and got a message with my id#. I put it in and then tried to send a msg to my hotmail acct. but got no message. I am going to try the setup again.
    If you figure out the question about cost plse let me know. I sure hope I dont start getting lots of BS messages from hotmail-if I do I will be asking you how to kill this deal. I sure like the idea of being alerted to a hotmail message as it's such a pain to sign in each time-especially when the mailbox is empty. thanks again.
    BTW, a thrash is just a pain in the neck, firedrill, cluster f.... you know...

John S.
    As far as the beef with Blazer and Hotmail not loggin on each time. This is a lame work around, but it does save time for me. I have the Rech Echo graffiti patch, so I made a "shortcut" for my log in name. ie. myname@hotmail.com and now I type ":shortcut: myn" and viloa, it's there. Save some time and fustration!. Also I give my hotmail addy out alot and now I have a :shortcut: to use when givin it.
    For what it's worht, Matt Burkhard:shortcut: