Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by snapperfish

We certainly listen to our customers. We get several enquires a week from IT admins and I have yet to hear from an IT administrator who is looking for Hotmail access for his company.

<snip>

-W
    Exactly and the Gartner and IDC corporate wireless strategy reports support this. In our company, people use DSL for their personal data connection and obtain their personal mail from an established ISP. Consequently, they can get their private mail via POP quite nicely.
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by mlussier
    In my humble opinion, SnapperMail is an "THE" email product to get for your Palm Device!! It doesn't just do the job required, but it does it EXTREMELY WELL!

Will Lau and his team have managed to produce an email client that allows the Palm device to be a true replacement to carrying a laptop computer. In combination with QuickOffice, along with whatever app you require to handle those attachments you simply MUST view, this is "THE" email solution for Palm users!

Personally, I would LOVE to see IMAP4 support, along with some conduits. However, the solution here is so compelling, I have been willing to settle, and use POP3, cause unlike many Palm email products, this one is actually more than it hypes! SnapperMail delivers on it's promise, and ALOT MORE!

I am the developer of MultiMail PRO (now Palm's VersaMail) and founder of Actual Software. I think SnapperMail is currently the best of the best email products for Palm device. They have done a GREAT job!!

Mark Lussier
    Developer of MultiMail PRO (now Palm's VersaMail)
    Founder Of Actual Software, Inc.

Thanks Mark - I think I'll go and print this out and frame it in our office :-)

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    I just want to say, I downloaded the Demo and am loving this app. I will be traveling this week and will really put it to the test, but what I have seen so far is GREAT.

One enhancement I thoguht of so far was to be able to save "reply to" addresses. You know how you can put a "reply to" address for new messages. I'd like to be able to turn this on and off. So perhaps being able to enter an email address and then be able to check it on and off as needed.

More to come.... Tracy
    Will - Like Dennis, I agree that you're missing out on a very large market.

My background is 10+ years of internet/ecommerce applications/systems development. Thus, I'm no newbie. I actually pay MSN for additional storage and spam filtering tools, and like Dennis, I tend to have a multitude of email accounts. Exchange for work, Yahoo! (with paid POP access) for all of the Yahoo groups and fantasy sports league I've joined. And standard one each MSN Hotmail account where my family and mobile friends know they can always reach me.

Here's the three reasons you should develop hotmail access (as responses to your points).

1) Your competitors are doing it. All OneMail is missing is the ability to piggyback on Dataviz's Inbox-to-Go Synching. They already support datavizmail which has the kewl-arse feature of attaching your MSFT Office docs in native format. There are some PHP-Nuke tools and .NET tools available to work with Hotmail.

2) OneMail. Which integrates with palm inbox or datavizmail

3) I can lead to an engineering lab full of geeks who all pay for MSN add-ons (unfortunately, forwarding isn't offered... otherwise the discussion would be moot)

4) Would it not make more sense to develop what the market wants, first? $$$Cha-Chink$$$

Cheers,
    so, i've read the issues about getting hotmail on snappermail, etc. have any of you ever used fastmail.fm? i actually read about it in some forum, its an email service.

fastmail has a free option, as well as paid options. you can use their web interface which works really well...its light on graphics and pretty straightforward. (and can be accessed directly from blazer) if you want to use an external client, you have to use your own smtp servrer (unless you pay) and you have to use IMAP. (i.e. no POP option unless you pay). i'm not sure, but so you know, the cheapest paid option is around $15 (one time fee).

the point that i was wanting to make is that fastmail has many, many features that you can customize and work with. one of those features being the ability to have the service poll your hotmail or other external (POP) account. and you can create 'personalities' so you email can 'appear' to be sent from any address you choose.

it also has this really great 'bounce' button that allows you to bounce email back to a sender as undeliverable.....which is extremely useful with spam.

anyway, i know that snappermail doesn't yet support IMAP, but if you fork over the 15$, you can use their SMTP and POP servers and get your hotmail via snappermail quite easily.

anyway, its a neat service, and the more i use it, the more powerful and unique it seems.

just my thoughts....
  6.    #26  
    To combsmj:
    None of the competitors you sited are considered SnapperMail competitors (they're conduits or email services - SnapperMail is neither). As far as $$$, I'm betting my whole livelyhood that HotMail is not what the market wants first - what are you betting?

To mhm27:
    We highly recommend FastMail - I think we were the ones that started this FastMail news in Palm circles when we recommended it on our website.

If people really want HotMail thru Snapper, sign up for a paid FastMail account and get it to periodically fetch it into your FastMail inbox.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

My company uses Qualcomm's Eudora. Can I sync Snappermail to Eudora?
    snapper does not have a conduit, so no.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9.    #29  
    Just did a minor release of SnapperMail. Not much to report for Treo users except improved Jog and keyboard support.

Version 1.6.2.01
    2003.04.11 PUBLIC RELEASE
    NEW!
    * Jog navigation support for multiple devices.
    * Tungsten D-Pad.
    * Sony Clie Jog Dial.
    * Kyocera OK button.
    * HandEra 330 Jog Dial.
    * Improved Treo Jog Rocker support.
    * Keyboard support in Send/Fetch progress form.
    * [a] skips account.
    * [m] skips message.
    * [backspace] cancels.
    CHANGED
    * Comms code tweaked to improve reliability (especially for Samsung i330s).

Version 1.6.1.01
    2003.04.04 LIMITED (SITE LICENSE) RELEASE
    NEW!
    * Provisioning interfaces are now ROM/Flash compatible.
    CHANGED
    * Retail version now defaults to 21 day trial if no serial# is entered.
    * "Add to address book" form now supports Cut/Copy/Paste using keyboards.
    * Periodic fetch on Kyocera 7135 now works when unit is on and charging.
    * Site license version now beam protected.
    * Changed self initialization code to be "ROM image" compatible.
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

Originally posted by Felipe
    snapper does not have a conduit, so no.
    Could SnapperMail have a Eudora conduit, or is it meant to act as the client itself and fetch/send mail from/to the POP server?

Join the Treo revolution, you know you want to.
    I really do think that Treo's are a good idea, but I can't use one at work. I can't bring anything that transmits into work for security reasons. Handspring shut me out as a customer when they dropped the Visor line.
    HindeR,

The Eudora Conduit if for Eudora.

Snapper Mail has said they plan to offer one (conduit) in the future, but I don't think until version 2.0.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    HindeR,

The Eudora Conduit if for Eudora.
    That's obvious.

Snapper Mail has said they plan to offer one (conduit) in the future, but I don't think until version 2.0.
    That's good to know. Thanks!
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by HindeR

Could SnapperMail have a Eudora conduit, or is it meant to act as the client itself and fetch/send mail from/to the POP server?
    It's a client. We'll do conduits later but it's last on our list. We're very much a wireless solution.

Originally posted by HindeR

I really do think that Treo's are a good idea, but I can't use one at work. I can't bring anything that transmits into work for security reasons. Handspring shut me out as a customer when they dropped the Visor line.
    Can you forward filtered email to another email address to your hypothetical Treo?

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

Originally posted by dennis3232
    Will,
    What is the reason why you don't support Hotmail retreival (while other Palm-base Email services do) and make us go through a fee-based third party service?
    You can use Blazer to get your Hotmail email... just go here:

http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx
    Hey folks

1.6.0 is out. Here's the news snippet that goes with it. Enjoy...

In keeping with Snapperfish's "one release every month" track record, we've just released SnapperMail version 1.6.0.04. Key improvements include APOP support, unlimited folders, addressbook QuickConnect support for Tungsten T and W, and a whole bunch of APIs to facilitate tight integration with third party apps.

Version 1.6 also brings quick-keyboard support to Tungsten W users which only keyboard version Treo users have enjoyed thus far. Quick-keyboard support negates the need to type the menu command stroke key to access the menu functions allowing instant single key operation.

Next up on the horizon is HTML and hyperlink support which will be introduced in version 1.7.

Hey Will, it is that time of the month again! This anxious registered user was wondering if you would tip us off as to what's in store for v1.7. HTML formatting? Hyperlinks into Blazer? IMAP? Filtering?

I know you must be very busy with programming so please do not let this request delay your next launch. I can certainly wait a few more days. However I was just hoping you might want to tip us off to what's coming next in "the best of the best email products for Palm device" (Mark Lussier, 3/21/03)
    Last edited by dspinelli; 04/16/2003 at 07:57 PM.
  16.    #36  
    Originally posted by dspinelli

Hey Will, it is that time of the month again! This anxious registered user was wondering if you would tip us off as to what's in store for v1.7. HTML formatting? Hyperlinks into Blazer? IMAP? Filtering?

I know you must be very busy with programming so please do not let this request delay your next launch. I can certainly wait a few more days. However I was just hoping you might want to tip us off to what's coming next in "the best of the best email products for Palm device" (Mark Lussier, 3/21/03)

www.snappermail.com/support/history.cfm

Gee looks like we've already released 2 revisions since 20 March when 1.6.0 was released.

Guess we better put our feet up and wait for another 2 months since we're well ahead of our 1 release per month track record.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

www.snappermail.com/support/history.cfm

Gee looks like we've already released 2 revisions since 20 March when 1.6.0 was released.

Guess we better put our feet up and wait for another 2 months since we're well ahead of our 1 release per month track record.

-W
    Ok. Ok. You got me! I guess I should be checking your Web site for updates rather than Treo Central. But really Will, one of those releases wasn't even public so you will have to come out with something new by May 11.

What will be next? Really. Inquiring minds want to know!
  18.    #38  
    I think maybe a weekend of mountain biking

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

i like the fact that when i recieve a email with a photo, I can open it it with splash photo. what I can't figure out is how to save the image in splash photo. it only seems to open it temporarily then it is saved back in snappermail. any way around this? any other photo viewer allows saving from snappermail? thanx.
  20.    #40  
    JpegWatch Lite which comes free with SM supports this.

I don't know of any other app that can which does not require a memory card.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast