Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By dkirker
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    It appears that someone got a hold of the palmsource.com domain and uploaded an archive of Palm Source to it as a monument to PalmOS and PalmSource. Wish I could say it were me, but I am GLAD that someone has archived it. Toss it into the same archive with Welcome to Mosaic Communications Corporation!.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Nice, but most of the links don't work. No apps or updates that I've found. Could we offer items to the owner? I have old Palm OS stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Nice, but most of the links don't work. No apps or updates that I've found. Could we offer items to the owner? I have old Palm OS stuff.
    That's not a bad idea
  4.    #4  
    I don't think that it was put up to work/be functional. Some of the links reference the Wayback Machine/Archive.org. I suspect it is more or less a homage based on a snapshot of the site.

Wouldn't even know who owns it. They have their contact info masked in the domain's WHOIS. I'd say if you want to put up info host it yourself somewhere. Hell, there is no "Palm, Inc." to enforce not using a domain with the palm name, so you could do something like mypalmsoftware.com if you want. :P
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I don't think that it was put up to work/be functional. Some of the links reference the Wayback Machine/Archive.org. I suspect it is more or less a homage based on a snapshot of the site.
    Thanks, I didn't see those. I'll look again. Maybe there's useful stuff in the archive.

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Wouldn't even know who owns it. They have their contact info masked in the domain's WHOIS. I'd say if you want to put up info host it yourself somewhere. Hell, there is no "Palm, Inc." to enforce not using a domain with the palm name, so you could do something like mypalmsoftware.com if you want. :P
    Yes, I saw that and looked for contact info in the HTML. I'm trying to be useful to webOS - someone else can do PalmOS!
    dkirker and Mutoidi like this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I didn't see those. I'll look again. Maybe there's useful stuff in the archive.

Yes, I saw that and looked for contact info in the HTML. I'm trying to be useful to webOS - someone else can do PalmOS!
    mmmm PalmOS :3

The archives at web.archive.org are crawled versions of the website at the time, so you are bound to find some great stuff! I love digging through the Wayback Machine for old websites. Reminds me of the days when the WWW was more simpler. :P
    Did you know:

I need to drop a few bucks into the setback and go find all the Palm V stuff I can find.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I need to drop a few bucks into the setback and go find all the Palm V stuff I can find.
    I think I have random stuff like a few OS 4.1 upgraders still in my PalmOS archive, so if that's the kind of V stuff you're looking for I can help.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive